• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Challenge!!

Sanders91

Hello! I was wondering if anyone can help type me? I'm struggling big time!! Did a few quizzes !

-what makes you angry?

• Being bossed around
  • When people are inauthentic/fake
  • Bitchiness
  • People arguing for the sake of arguing, like bringing other people's ideas down and trying to belittle them or be mean to them
  • Any cruelty in the world!
  • How people are mean to one another (bullying each other)

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?

• Fakeness
  • Show offs/know it alls
  • Bad attitude/rudeness
  • Bossy
  • When people ask too much of someone else without considering their feelings
  • When people use you and then forget about you once they have what they want :(
  • When people are really close minded about things like mental health and other views
  • When people leave you out or leave you behind

3-do you like animals? why?

• yes I absolutely love animals. Dogs are probably my favourite, they're just happy and love life! I would love to have a pet. I even like bugs and will rescue them if I see them on the street :) I just think animals are so vulnerable, innocent and real. And of course they are adorable, they live in the moment! Which is something I admire haha as I struggle with it.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?

• Great sense of humour
  • They bring up the atmosphere of the room, are chatty and inclusive
  • Happy to also talk about problems and dive deep
  • Basically have time for me and really listen to me, take an interest in what I have to say and let me express myself freely without judging me or bringing me down, listen to all my ideas and are supportive :)
  • Don't bring down things I like just to try and get a rise out of me
  • Appreciate the work I do and that I really care about things, so appreciation!
  • Kind to others

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?

• I like my sense of humour, people say I'm very bubbly and seem to be happy all the time. I find so many things funny! When I'm stressed I find it always helps to laugh!
  • I'm very conscientious, if I say I will do something I will do it. Unless the person has hurt me, I then become a bit passive aggressive to try and tell them that they've hurt me.
  • I'm very sensitive, I feel things very deeply, take all criticism to heart which can be quite hard. Everything feels very personal. It can be nice to be really moved by pieces of music or film etc though!
  • Can be very judgemental inwardly, I've become quite cynical lately and I think it's from being hurt in the past. I question people's motives and find fault with them quite easily. I'm not proud of it, I'm not perfect of course! But the world just seems so fake and evil at times! I just want to feel something real again.
  • I'm a people pleaser. I really care what people think of me. I wish I didn't :(
  • I think outwardly I am very bubbly but inwardly very deep. I am however quite shy and hate awkward situations. I would love to be able to initiate conversation but I'm always scared of offending someone by saying the wrong thing.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
I dress to try and reflect who I am more than be fashionable. So I'll wear bright coloured things. I hate anything dark or drab. I love anything colourful. I also think about comfort. I hate feeling uncomfortable so I won't wear high heels or anything like that, or things that are too tight

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
I want to fit in and be able to make friends and have common interests, but I don't want my uniqueness to be lost, so probably a bit of both?

8-what activities do you enjoy?
Reading about MBTI, painting (at times), going to choir, going walking, learning piano, writing, going out for food, going to watch motorbike racing, watching the football :)

9-what makes you feel secure?
Having a stable job, not having to worry about finances, stable relationship, knowing my family are always there for me no matter what :)

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
I do, I like the stability. I enjoy having someone to spend time with, even though he can be quite quiet and sometimes I feel like I can't always say exactly what's on my mind, like the really Deep stuff that I enjoy chatting about (like psychology etc) I kind of feel judged, if that makes sense? Now I've been in a relationship for a long time it's nice to have the comfort though. it's nice to have someone who is always there.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...

• playing piano (I love learning a new skill and really want to master this - I've always wanted to learn)
  • I love becoming like an expert in topics, if I'm really interested in something, I can spend hours and hours reading all the little details about it. Example: I'm really loving Game of Thrones, so I spend hours researching the characters, places, listening to theories etc. I just think a lot of it is so clever that I love reading about it.
  • I love fresh air, walking and listening to the birds singing. Gives me time to think/reflect on things. I like walking in new places and seeing beautiful sights in nature.
  • I like taking photos to capture memories.
  • I love laughing, it's the best thing ever. I'm in my element when I find something hilarious to look at.
  • Music, music is just something else. I always listen to the lyrics and try relate them to what I'm feeling inside.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
What I'm going to do when I get home, at the weekend. I spend a lot of time analysing my relationships with people, trying to work out why they act the way they do and what's going on in their lives. Before sleep, I'll make up stories in my head (usually about people) and imagine all sorts of scenarios, it's kind of like (this is embarrassing) me trying to rescue/fix them in some way.
I also think about questions, so I'll wonder about things, quite philosophical things. In the shower I had a thought about whether bugs have a consciousness or not. Just an example :)

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I've had more problems as I've got older. Like I've overanalysed situations more, overthought how people react to me and now am more shy as I'm worried of being judged. When I was younger, I was pretty much as happy inwardly as I appeared outwardly, now I'm a bit more sad inside. Sad by the state of the world, sad that I feel like I never measure up and I struggle feeling good enough. I still try and be happy but it's more of an effort, I'm trying to keep up appearances and still be a jolly and cheerful person.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?

Every test I've taken I've come out as INFJ, but INFJs are so rare that I doubt it, I also doubt the tests. I've read what's my true type? Book and also a book on 16 personalities. I've done an INFP-INFJ type clarifier and got INFP but almost 50-50. I don't know if I'm shooting in the completely wrong ball park really and could be something completely different. I just don't seem to fit any.

I talk all the time, and I don't like being "alone" for long periods of time, but I also don't like being in big groups of people. I don't really like drinking or going to parties.

I worry about how others perceive me, so try to put on masks to fit what they want, but I feel fake and want to be authentic? Bit like a walking oxymoron.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).

Bored, and overthinking things.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
I think it's alright being me. I try and make the best of situations. I have problems like everyone does, but I'm trying my best to enjoy my life. I like comfort and stability in terms of money, but I also enjoy trying new hobbies and things. I can get bored with doing mundane tasks so I like to mix it up a bit. I am a very anxious person and that's the thing I struggle the most with. I want to connect and talk to people, as I enjoy getting to know people, but I'm quite shy and anxious and worried about offending. When I get to know someone, I'm chatty and let my guard down a bit, but don't feel like anyone knows the "real" me (not even myself really!)

b. What have others said about you?
Bubbly, cheerful, conscientious, willing to help and do things, won't say no to things, "too" sensitive, take things to heart, cute, sweet, good sense of humour, lazy (physically), hard working (mentally), reliable

c. What do you think of yourself?

I worry that I'm boring, I have different interests to a lot of people, and don't think people are interested in me as a person, but interested in me because I give hard work, time and effort to them. They don't want to know me on a personal level and that really hurts. All I want is a bit of love really, and for someone to want to know me and understand/accept me.

But I do like that I'm hard working, but that I know there are more important things in life than work. I know how to relax and enjoy myself, and can be quite fun :) I'm good at keeping spirits up and morale high :)

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.

Anxiety - stems from not feeling good enough, low self esteem. I have had issues with shyness and I worry excessively about what people think about me, to the point where I fall silent rather than say anything. I fluctuate between being quiet and reflective and bubbly and loud.

Stress - I stress about work, I do stress about certainty (but wouldn't say I'm adverse to trying new things) I just wouldn't go looking for a new job when I'm happy where I am, or a new relationship when I'm satisfied with what I have and am committed to it. But I like often start new hobbies and then stop when I get bored. I'm also not that tidy or organised.

Weight - I worry about my weight. I tend to think if I'm stressed, I can eat something nice later. I love nice food.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?

• Remember more, my memory is terrible. I'll double book things, almost forget birthdays, forget where I've put things etc.
  • More tidy - I like things tidy but don't like tidying.
  • assertive, be able to say no to more things and be less of a pushover.
  • More carefree and not worrying what people think of me all the time.

b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?

• see above :)

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?

I try and give loads of chances, and then I eventually snap. If I have a friend who constantly brings me down, eventually I will just cut them off by ignoring them until they get the message that I have no time for them anymore. I will rarely confront the person directly as I hate conflict.

I left one relationship because there was no spark and I was starting to fancy somebody else (who was unobtainable) but it made me realise I wasn't getting enough from the relationship. That was a more amicable parting where we had a discussion about it.

6. Which types do you identify with most?
INFP, ISFJ, INFJ, ENFJ

a. How do you relate to these types?

INFP - like authenticity, concerned about not being myself, try to stick with my values although find it difficult, get bored with mundane, outwardly accepting
ISFJ - Like certainty, struggle saying no, always concerned about what other people think of me, very conscientious, can be nostalgic, quite sociable
INFJ - good at seeing different perspectives and predicting what will happen, good at reading people (motivations etc), deeply affected by other people's emotion, do the "door slam" get vibes of situations and people
ENFJ - see INFJ but very concerned with people pleasing, probably use more Fe than Ni, described as bubbly and cheerful

b. How do you NOT relate to them?
ISFJ - willing to try new things, get bored by mundane tasks, can procrastinate and get distracted
INFP - Too concerned with what others think of me, need to discuss my feelings with someone else (don't deal with them privately), maybe a bit too outgoing
INFJ - Unsure about Ni vs Ne
ENFJ - maybe too outgoing and too directive/controlling

7. Which types are least like you?
ESTP ESTJ possibly