• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pretty sure I'm Te dom. ENTJ or ESTJ?

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)?
I'm 17, and I live in England (not the posh parts of England though)

Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire?
Not that I'm aware of

Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?
I'm right leaning libetarian, Atheist (thinking of getting into LaVeyan Satanism)

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
I'm pretty sure I'm ENTJ, or at least a Te dom. Te resonates with me a lot, and pretty much describes my main way of functioning ever since I can remember.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
To be successful, to lead and inspire others. This is why I can come off pretty confident and as some have said, intimidating.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
Probably Pride or Wrath for most - I am very self confident and can be a bit petty/vindictive when unhealthy. For least, it has to be Sloth. I hate it when people are lazy.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

People that can take a joke, people that respect me, people that can sustain a conversation
b) The type of people who are drawn to you
Based on what my current friends have said, people who admire that I don't take shit from anyone
c) The type of people you are repulsed by
Incompetent people, people who are overly sensitive and emotional, people who are unwilling to do what has to be done, people who think they know best and then come running back to me when I was right all along.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
A good memory - my memory isn't the best (looking to improve this) but I always think it's quite amazing when you see people on TV who can recite like 500 playing cards in order or the first 1,000 digits of pi.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger

Out of emotions, I'd say anger is usually what I am most comfortable expressing. Of course I had anger outbursts - as did every child at age 4. However, I'd say my anger is more silent and I'm much more likely to eye roll someone over getting emotional about it.
b) Shame
Well as I'm pretty sure my enneagram is 3, I'd say shame plays a big factor in my life. The shame of losing, the shame of failure. I can't stand failure (or losing for that matter). I do often blame myself for my failures - "I could have done more". Not in a self pitying way though- more in a "so this is what I did wrong" way to learn a lesson from it.
c) Fear
I would say I'm uncomfortable expressing fear. I do not want to come across as scared or unconfident.
d) Love/passion
Love is interesting for me because I've never really developed an emotional connection with anyone. Passion on the other hand - if I'm interested in something or desire something, I often have the passion to go after it.
e) Conflict
I'm definitely not conflict avoidant. Sometimes I do love a good spar, I love competition like any 3 does. I do however sometimes take things a bit too seriously and get too competitive but I've never seen this as a big problem really.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
Leadership for sure. I have always enjoyed being in charge, telling others what to do etc. This has led people to accuse me of being bossy and controlling. I have often been guilty of thinking I know better than everyone else (and I usually do, in reality) which people perceive as rude. I often make the decisions in my house - especially because my parents are shit decision makers.
I have also always been funny about germs. I can be controlling in this aspect as well (making people spray air freshner after using the bathroom). People see it as selfish when I don't share drinks/food with them, but I do so because the idea of another person's mouth being on the bottle lid that I'm drinking on without it being washed repulses me.
A final thought, I've also always been iffy with trying new foods or eating at a new place. This is because I have quite sensitive taste buds and I like my food a certain way that only certain places do.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

N/A (under US college age, I'm in UK college however)
b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?
So I'm in UK College now and I'm studying Psychology, Sociology and English Language. My ideal areas of pursuit would be Psychology or Journalism. These definitely appeal to my strengths and interests. I plan on taking a little break after college to really set things into motion and get my life fully on track.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
I tend to like to get a judge of their character. Their strengths, their weaknesses, their fears and desires. What makes them tick? I'd say this could be due to my Sx variant being dominant.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
I think political correctness is a big issue in today's society. Political correctness is meaning some people's opinions get stomped and censored. It means that we don't get to discuss the big issues like we should do in case someone gets "offended". I don't like the way this is going, where people seemingly cave in and give up just because one person gets offended.
I also don't like this new rise in blaming others that seems to be happening. Someone makes a mistake, instead of learning from it they just seem to blame everyone else but themselves and learn nothing from the situation. I hear it all the time in college and it makes me cringe.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Well when I'm not doing college work, I enjoy playing video games (Overwatch, Cities Skylines, Smash Bros). I enjoy thinking of new ways to organize my life - the feeling when I come up with a great money management method is amazing. I enjoy listening to music - favourite genre is pop. Of course, I enjoy researching into typology as well.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
Usually we go shopping or go out for a meal. We hang out with small groups of maybe 3 or 4 and I definitely initiate the interactions. I plan everything out, the day, the activities, the time etc. because I am naturally better at planning than all of my other friends.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Both are important - however I'd say actions moreso. My reasoning for this is pretty straightforward - lots of people say one thing and then their actions show them to be lying. Whether on purpose or not. Actions and body language can sometimes be a much better way to judge character than words.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

I'd choose to be immortal. This would give me a lot more time to get everything I want. I could become VERY successful if I was to live forever. I mean of course the downside would be I'd have to live out the very dramatic end of the universe - but it would be worth it.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
I want to avoid being a failure. Might sound harsh, but think homeless people. That is what I want to avoid. I also want to avoid being incompetent. We all know a teacher who can't do their job properly - if I became incompetent like that I would definitely consider making radical changes to my life

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
When I get very interested in something, I do become a little obssessed with it. I used to have a Pokemon obsession (still do to an extent), now I have a typology obsession. Maybe I need to tone it down, but I do definitely "tunnel vision" my interests.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
I definitely prefer to be organized, doesn't always happen though - I've got lots of work to be doing. I hate surprises - especially when they interrupt my schedule and plans. So yes, I definitely prefer to have things planned out. I plan out how I'm going to spend my money each week at college.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

Hmm, comfort doesn't take a priority for me. Maybe it should, but I often stay up till 2am/3am doing work and getting a lack of sleep because of it. This is probably not very healthy, but it's very hard for me to put work down once I've started it.

Last edited:

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Literally nothing here leans Si/Ne over Ni/Se

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Te/Ni.

3w2, 6w5, 8w7. But not sx/so, rather sx/sp.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh we are more than perfect. You seem too frugal to have a 7 as fix. Wing suits more to you, and also I think you have those small, harmless compulsions of a 6 regarding cleaning and/or sticking to something. The frugality I have perceived is also my basis for sp at a first glance. Most sx/so's have been politically correct, even if their actual agenda was different as well, i.e. Julius Caesar, ENTJ sx/so.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh we are more than perfect. You seem too frugal to have a 7 as fix. Wing suits more to you, and also I think you have those small, harmless compulsions of a 6 regarding cleaning and/or sticking to something. The frugality I have perceived is also my basis for sp at a first glance. Most sx/so's have been politically correct, even if their actual agenda was different as well, i.e. Julius Caesar, ENTJ sx/so.

"Frugality is the quality of being frugal, sparing, thrifty, prudent or economical in the consumption of consumable resources such as food, time or money, and avoiding waste, lavishness or extravagance."
Lol, definitely not me. Would a frugal person just wake up one morning and decide to spend all of their money on a PS4 or a new iPhone? Would a frugal person choose to spend money often getting takeaways delivered to their house rather than make it themselves? Would a frugal person go out bowling, or to the cinema unplanned? Would a frugal person spend money on clothes they only "might" wear? No to all.
At best, I'm unconvinced.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Frugality is the quality of being frugal, sparing, thrifty, prudent or economical in the consumption of consumable resources such as food, time or money, and avoiding waste, lavishness or extravagance."
Lol, definitely not me. Would a frugal person just wake up one morning and decide to spend all of their money on a PS4 or a new iPhone? Would a frugal person choose to spend money often getting takeaways delivered to their house rather than make it themselves? Would a frugal person go out bowling, or to the cinema unplanned? Would a frugal person spend money on clothes they only "might" wear? No to all.

Still does not outweigh the other side of my argument, regarding the 6. "Being unconvinced at best" while addressing the only the half of an argument does not seem very objective.

Actually a frugal person might spend money for things they want to have, if they have enough money. If the aims of your frugality is not money itself, but the things money can buy to you, you can do that. Also, buying a PS4 or new iPhone or clothes you only "might" wear speaks to your 3 core, rather than a 7 fix. You organize your money, create plans and programs regarding how to spend it. From your questionnaire this seems to be your general approach which points me at 7 wing, rather than fix because fix is the general approach towards a situation or a habit. I can see that you have impulsive spendings (again, 7 wing, not fix) but I am quite unconvinced about the notion that they dominate your life, which is a notorious case for people with 7 fix.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Still does not outweigh the other side of my argument, regarding the 6. "Being unconvinced at best" while addressing the only the half of an argument does not seem very objective.

Actually a frugal person might spend money for things they want to have, if they have enough money. If the aims of your frugality is not money itself, but the things money can buy to you, you can do that. Also, buying a PS4 or new iPhone or clothes you only "might" wear speaks to your 3 core, rather than a 7 fix. You organize your money, create plans and programs regarding how to spend it. From your questionnaire this seems to be your general approach which points me at 7 wing, rather than fix because fix is the general approach towards a situation or a habit. I can see that you have impulsive spendings (again, 7 wing, not fix) but I am quite unconvinced about the notion that they dominate your life, which is a notorious case for people with 7 fix.

Ok so I'm gonna be honest about something, it did dominate my life (maybe even more than my ambitiousness at certain points) - hence why I tried to organise my money. The issue here is that because this questionnaire is rather old, I did it for around 4 weeks - during those 4 weeks were when this questionnaire was written. I only did it for those 4 weeks because I couldn't live my life like that - it was too predictable and repetitive.
To sum it all up: I lack the paranoia and security-focused attitude of a 6, 6s love things being predictable - it makes them comfortable. I am the opposite.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok so I'm gonna be honest about something, it did dominate my life (maybe even more than my ambitiousness at certain points) - hence why I tried to organise my money. The issue here is that because this questionnaire is rather old, I did it for around 4 weeks - during those 4 weeks were when this questionnaire was written. I only did it for those 4 weeks because I couldn't live my life like that - it was too predictable and repetitive.
To sum it all up: I lack the paranoia and security-focused attitude of a 6, 6s love things being predictable - it makes them comfortable. I am the opposite.

Now this makes things more sensible.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-

The quality of being frugal is an extroverted thinker's trait. I would like to give example.

Since the technological advancement, nowadays lecture in the classroom can be recorded and published on youtube, so that student don't have to attend lecture by presenting themselves in a classroom. It is much more efficient than the traditional ones: going to classroom, that student have to pay the transportation, rental, spend their time going to campus and going back. Others who don't pay the university can also watch the video published freely on youtube and follow the class. Doing so, not only student do not have to pay for the transportation, and rental (to live closer to the university building), others who may not be a financially able to afford going to university can still expect to have an education. I am really into this.
YouTube
Do you follow celebrity gossips. in my opinion They tend to live in lavish lifestyle. It is definitely not frugal.

Going out without planning is an extroverted sensation-introverted judger trait.

It is actually one of the quality of a competent and true journalist. They have to write a report responding to events which occurrence may not be under their control; they have to meet the deadlines finished their writing before the deadline. To be able to perform this, journalist need an energy sourced from an introverted judger psychological function as their auxiliary function.
Person with Introverted judging psychological function naturally tends to be spontaneous rather than planned.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Easy as fuck.

Great!
Try clicking on this link, you can watch Margot Gerritsen teaching math. I identify her ESFP.
YouTube
Try clicking on this link, You can watch Pietro Bosselli teaching math. I identify him ESFP.
YouTube

Try clicking on this link, you can watch Natalie Komarova teaching math. I identify her ESFP.
YouTube

Try clicking on this link, fast forward to the 10th minute until you find Andrew C Wiles giving lecture. I identify him ENTJ.
YouTube

Try clicking on this link, you can find Andrew Woo teaching math. I identify him ENTJ.
YouTube

Being categorized in one type means also realizing that there exist someone like yourself/myself/themselves in this world.
Try asking yourself: All of them are already recognized to be good at math. Is there anyone of them that you think more or less like yourself when trying to understand or teach math?

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The quality of being frugal is an extroverted thinker's trait. I would like to give example.

Since the technological advancement, nowadays lecture in the classroom can be recorded and published on youtube, so that student don't have to attend lecture by presenting themselves in a classroom. It is much more efficient than the traditional ones: going to classroom, that student have to pay the transportation, rental, spend their time going to campus and going back. Others who don't pay the university can also watch the video published freely on youtube and follow the class. Doing so, not only student do not have to pay for the transportation, and rental (to live closer to the university building), others who may not be a financially able to afford going to university can still expect to have an education. I am really into this.
YouTube
Do you follow celebrity gossips. in my opinion They tend to live in lavish lifestyle. It is definitely not frugal.

Going out without planning is an extroverted sensation-introverted judger trait.

It is actually one of the quality of a competent and true journalist. They have to write a report responding to events which occurrence may not be under their control; they have to meet the deadlines finished their writing before the deadline. To be able to perform this, journalist need an energy sourced from an introverted judger psychological function as their auxiliary function.
Person with Introverted judging psychological function naturally tends to be spontaneous rather than planned.

Socionics Model G lists frugality as a trait of Te- (the kind found in ESTJs rather than ENTJs)