• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Flipped viewpoint

ABluePlanetian

I have a question to ask, does anyone feel like sometimes you have flipped point of view towards the cognitive functions theory?

I have long identified myself as an INFp in Socionics, and INFJ-INFP mixture in MBTI. But I think I misinterpreted the theories they have purposed in the intuitively way. That's mean, my understanding interpretation, although has some point, is actually have a flipped meaning towards the real theory purposed.

Although I fit the description of being IEI (INFp) most of the time (being romantic, disorganized, dressed with a bad taste of fashion but it was because my mother thinks modest and conservative girls should where less jewelry and focus on study instead of displaying yourself through fashion, so I tried to please her, bad with money, saving accounts are not my forte and being unable stand people telling what my past mistakes were), I sometimes actually think I used Fi-Ne rather than Ni-Fe.

Socionics INFp = Ni-Fe-Si-Te
Socionics INFj = Fi-Ne-Se-Ti

From what I read in cognitive functions, Fe seems like they are very sensitive and vulnerable to everything, while Fi is about morality and knowing what right or wrong deep down in their heart. Is that me having bad typing instinct, or it was because I saw everything flipped?

One of my friends who I typed as Fe-dominant and probably ESFJ turned out to be Se-dominant ESFP. It could not be helped because she have shown a religious attitude and is a firm God-believer, a person spreading gospels and love to literally everyone she met who did not have religion yet while maintaining such ridiculous high achievement in sciences university. After spending time with her I then realized she was ESFP.

- She is extremely outgoing and wanted good experiences. She wanted to study with her friends and that's why she went to libraries when no one paid attention to her. University is stressful so nobody wanted to hang out with each other, so she had only two or three close friends, which, according to her, is strange because back in her country she had literally about 10 to 12 best-friends and countless social interactions.

- She confessed that she believed in gospels because she used to be a rebellious child who one time cheated on her boyfriend, being pretty and popular but doing bad grades at school, quarreling with family at home and overall, not a good person. There was a missionary arrived to her hometown and she then became a Protestant. This is what she said, "It's really scary when you are alone in your room and think nothing is permanent at all. All things you know shall pass and you are nothing. You felt empty and does not understand your existence. But then when I think God is always there with me, it was such a relief and I thus continued to live."

There are numerous occasions when I cannot distinguish functions. Fe in my mind is actually Se in theory, and Fi in my interpretation is actually Ni in cognitive function,... or because of different enneagrams that leading to mistakes, or because I have bad typing instinct.

I have a thought: since the person who had establish the MBTI and Socionics are an INFP and an ENTp ILE, is that why my understanding towards their theories being flipped-sided? I mean, we are basically using different functions and have different approaches towards reality, does that lead to my viewpoint is actually opposite to what they have written?

I remembered people saying INFp and ENTp had good relationship but countless arguments that never comes to good conclusion because they have opposite perspectives. Same goes with INFp and INFj. In that case everyone will have their own viewpoints towards the cognitive functions Myers-Briggs and Augusta had purposed will be according to the intertype relationships (opposite, agreement or conflicted).