• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zhaylin's Questionnaires

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location: 44 years old. Small town, WV, USA.

Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire?
HSP misdiagnosed as anxiety.

Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?
I self-identify as one of Jehovah's Witnesses but I am not currently practicing my faith.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
INFP.
I considered INFJ, in the past, because I'm highly intuitive (but my scores don't reflect that, so it might be more of an HSP thing).

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
What ever I want it to be. I want to get back into my Faith, where my passion, beliefs and social circle are- but that's not going to happen any time soon. I have made peace with that, though.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
I call myself a sloth, so that answers the first part. Cleaning overwhelms me; especially with my rowdy crew, and the ever growing colony of cats, still living at home. It's an impossible undertaking (and the primary reason I'm not in my Faith).
I least relate to... ??? I want to say anger. But I understand it. If you understand something, you can relate to it, right? But, that means, I could relate to all of them. Hmm... (Consults the Wiki)
OH! It's much more than all that. Heh, Sloth better describes me than I first thought!!!
Pride would be least relate-able.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to:
Those who are confident and intelligent OR whomever looks like they're sad or lost.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you
??

c) The type of people you are repulsed by
Racists, abusers

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
Confidence and intelligence. I'm plagued by self and social doubt: when to act, how to act. I have the worlds worst memory. In around the 3rd grade, a teacher called me stupid because I could learn something and perfectly understand it one minute but completely forget it the next. (I have no memory of the event but my mother raged about it all my life).

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger
A thing to be avoided at all costs. When I reach the point I'm seething with anger, I lose control and become an abuser.
My second child always pushed my buttons. To this day, she never knows when to shut her trap. When he was 13 or 14, he kept going on and on and on and I told him if he didn't shut his mouth and drop the subject, I would beat him (a general term for a basic spanking; which I also never really did). Even his siblings were yelling at him to shut up and telling him he was being disrespectful. He wouldn't. I swatted his leg with a belt, then he swore at me and the next thing I knew, I smacked him right across the face with the belt. Then I went to my room. I've basically been here ever since.
(She's 24 years old now, still at home. I used pronouns interchangingly because she was my son back then, but is hoping to transition one day. She still pushes my buttons to the extreme.)

b) Shame
I thing I've often felt. Shame over actions (above) or feelings or just being different. It's not something I consciously ever project onto someone else.

c) Fear
Meh. Fear is safety, to a point- fear of injury, accident, that sort of thing. It's wise to have a healthy degree of it: I'm extra careful when walking down the rickety stairs of our porch, for instance, because I'm fearful of falling down them. It's not something I think a lot about or am paralyzed by.

d) Love/passion
Love is taking care of the people in your life (emotionally, financially, spiritually). Passion, I guess, is something you have strong feelings about. I'm not really passionate about anything except perhaps making sure people feel safe and heard. and my religious beliefs.

e) Conflict

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
HSP. Before medication (for anxiety), whenever I'm highly stressed or simply bombarded by sensory (sights, sounds, emotions), I fall asleep. I also become plagued by, what I call adrenaline surges. They feel like an adrenaline rush, but are located primarily around my mouth. And they surge. Here... gone, back... gone again. I will have them for weeks and months on end and they exhaust me beyond words. So, while I scoff at the anxiety label (I don't fret or fuss or worry about stuff), I am grateful for the meds because I now function and I don't fall asleep while driving!!!!!
Other than that... ??? I struggle with being assertive, with keeping up with chores and responsibilities, with NOT being so lazy and absent-minded. That's about it. All in all, I've had a blessed life (I've not had to worry about food or shelter, illnesses or disabilities for the most part).

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?
N/A I had no idea about any of that stuff. I had no interest or interest in pursuing higher education. I didn't even make it out of High School (though I returned for my GED). I always wanted to be a writer and/or mother.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
Their eyes and demeanor. If I can't "read" them, I put my guard up.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
I don't really think about it and I don't really worry about the biggest problems of the human race because I'm confident in my religious views (in which the planet will last forever, the bad people will be done away with along with sickness and death, and whereon the majority of righteous mankind will carry out God's original purpose of taking care of the planet, the animals and the people). I tend to fixate on individuals and how they can improve things in the here and now (without being destructive to the planet etc, because just because I believe in an end-game, it doesn't mean we get to be disrespectful jerks)

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Binging shows, video games, studying personality stuff (MBTI, Enneagrams etc), music, crochet, nature.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
N/A I have no friends- just my hubby, kids and pets. Hubby lives in a different house. He's my only friend and we don't hang out lol. We GO OUT, sometimes, but even that is rare unless it's to see a movie.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Both. People need to hear how you feel but see that you mean it.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!
To be immortal, of course!! I used to LOVE vampires and shows like the Highlander. That seemed like the best thing in the world, to live forever. With my religious views, that's possible :smile: My kids, who don't share those views, always argues that it sounds dreadfully boring. I tell them to just imagine all the stuff they could study or discover; to see the advances in clean technology and space travel. Sounds like the best thing ever. BUT, even if I was the only person with the curse in this example, I would still choose it :D

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
Chaotic, self-centered to the detriment of others, wrathful, hot-headed, loud, overly emotional (too many public displays of strong emotions)

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
?? I often become obsessed with whatever I'm interested in at the moment... until burnout lol.
Ahhh, going along with the flow? I tend to voice my preference, then go along with the flow. Whatever's needed to keep the peace and make the other person most happy is what I'm okay with.... until I'm overlooked too many times. Then I'll speak out a bit louder.
Then still give in, usually. :dry:

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
I am messy. But there's still a bit of organization to it. I like plans and blueprints to a point.
Like, whenever I travel with hubby for his education (he has to receive so many credits every year to keep his MD), I want to know the exacts: What day do we leave on? What time do we leave? How long will we be gone for? But, don't tell me to be outside his garage at 3:15 AM :censored::BangHead: Instead, tell me "Be here before 3:30 AM". I like structure, but I don't like to be micromanaged.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
A harmonious environment with comfortable seating and lots to do (tv, consoles, PC, books, games etc.)

*whew* Taking a break before tackling another one.

Last edited:

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alrighty then. I've taken some migraine medicine and I've eaten my meal of the day. Time to start tackling some more of these...

What's your type?
Eh wat? MBTI? INFP

What colour do you like?
Earth tones

What is your favourite personality?
Don't really have one. I've been able to get along with almost anyone. I prefer them 1) Not be too high energy 2) not demand much energy from me. 3) Don't be a jerk. That's about it.

Where can you find clams?
lol, a seafood restaurant? Maine? The store?

Are you fascinated by wooden planks?
Not particularly rofl. Though, I do love staring at wood paneling (and other things with swirls and such), because I love seeing pictures in the designs.

Do people make you fascinated by boats?
Nope.

Does the number 9 resemble the number 6?
Of course.

How are elastic bands made?
Rubber and a mold?

Do you step on the floor tiles only being able to step on the one's that fit into the pattern in your mind?
Nope. I don't like stepping on cracks (unintentional ones), but I make myself because that's just weird.

Do you take your finger and make sure it does not meet a lamp post and only go over it using your field of vision as the picture?
I'm not Monk... though he HAS to touch and number the lamp posts :p

If you put a pig in an airplane does that mean that pigs can fly?
Absolutely

Did you ever remember the 5th of November?
Can't say that I do

By [MENTION=34933]whatever[/MENTION]
1. if you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be?
A friendly but protective dragon that I could ride :D

2. What do you want to be when you grow up? (yes, written by a 26 year old )
Myself :p

3. If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be?
I have absolutely no idea.

4. What is your favorite beverage?
Frozen Coke. NOT a slurpee or an icee. It has to be much thicker than those. I like to drink the coke until I'm sipping air, then stir it all up and eat the ice.

5. You're having a cookout... what do you make?
Do I have to? If I must, it will be steak and potatoes.

6. What's the most recent cool thing you've learned?
All the stuff on this site... mbti, sociotypes, enneagrams.

7. What portrayal of the future do you like the best?
Isaiah 2:4; Revelation 21:4
Fictional portrayals? I have no idea.

8. You're on death row... what's your last meal?
Saba with white rice, a frozen coke, maybe creme brulee with whipped cream and berries.

By [MENTION=8046]ayoitsStepho[/MENTION]
1. How do you respond to clingy people?
I withdrawal. I need space or I can't breathe. I also don't like committing too much time to the needs of others.

2. If you could change the ocean to any color, what would that color be?
I wouldn't. It's perfect the way it is.

3. Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)?
If the weather's nice, why not?

4. When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
Shy and silly

5. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If so, how was the experience?
Yep. I loved it. I would sneak out of the house, ride my bike to the bay (almost an hour away), just to swim by myself in the quiet. I skinny dipped with a boyfriend too, but I was young and that was more awkward.

6. If you could frame the jockstrap of any sports figure and hang it in your den, whose would you choose?
Ewww, no. I don't like sports anyhow.

7. If you had to disguise yourself physically, how would you do it?
??? To blend in or hide myself? Like, if I was framed for a crime and on the run in the big city, then I would try to look like everyone else. If I was robbing a bank or playing at being a super hero, I'd go with the tried and true simple mask.

8. Name a city that best represents your personality.
I have no idea. I suck at geography. Too much memorization. I've felt equally at home on the islands of Hawaii as I have in Alaska or the excursions around the Baltic Sea- Estonia more than the Isle of Flowers though (can't recall the exact name).
Any place that's friendly, open and a bit wild (as in nature) and mysterious is my kind of place.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hehe, the above was fun, but moving on to more serious questions:

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is nature: forests, lakes, animals, the stars.
Love is taking care of the people in your life (emotionally, financially, spiritually when applicable)

2. What are your most important values?
Loyalty, loving-kindness, empathy, compassion, faith.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I identify as one of Jehovah's Witnesses (a Christian religion). I'm not practicing my faith though because I've not gotten my house in order and took up vaping. (they practice what they preach and are "clean", in all ways, as much as possible)

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
Ridiculous and saddening (and often-times infuriating).
Power? In individuals or bigger? Or personally? Individually is personal. In "bigger" (corporations, governments), it's often abused: power in determining aid, mercy; stepping on "the little people" or each other to obtain higher ranks or more wealth.
Personally, my power is in my ability to empathize with others and in being able to mingle with others regardless of their class, religion, nationality etc. I can get along with almost anyone.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
Religion, crafts, video games, tv shows and movies, survival scenarios. Those are my interests, so I converse about them for a long time. Other than that, I just listen and ask questions, and draw comparisons when possible.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
To a point. I LOVE playing detective and unearthing the reasons why this is this and that is that. I ask others for their experiences and to share knowledge they have about those things.
I'm not really focused on my body though. I never learned (nor cared to) how to style my hair. Make up is too expensive and tends to break me out, so I only use it on rare occasions. I've gained weight over the years and would like to lose 25 pounds... but not enough so that I'll actually start eating better or exercising :dry: Health wise, I focus on what hurts, is acting weird, or results which have come back weird (i.e. why has my white blood count been at the lowest end of normal for a decade+? Can allergies do that?)

7. What do you think of daily chores?
What are chores?

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
I friggin LOVED Bird Box. I finished 3 seasons of the Wanted, on Netflix, in about 3 days. It was really good. I've also really been enjoying the Gifted and Manifest. It's been years since I read anything. Ugh, I can't even remember the series now. One of the authors was Geer and it was a fictional "historic" account of Indigenous Americans. I never finished the series and have wanted to revisit it. All of their stories were amazing. The Clan of the Cave Bear series was my all time favorite (except for the last one).

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Seeing others in emotional pain and not being able to help them. I like feeling helpful and easing burdens.
My surgery last year eventually made me cry because the pain was so severe.
Darn near everything makes me smile. Silliness, humor, some stupidity (mine and others), annoyances lol. Smiling is a default for me whether I'm happy or not (sometimes, you "have to smile to keep from crying or killing someone").

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
I can feel "at home" pretty much anywhere. I love nature, though I'm too lazy to actually get out in it. I'm most comfortable in my room, though. It has all my creature comforts.
I don't really feel a sense of belonging anywhere. I'd like to say with my husband, but he has such a low threshold of tolerance for interaction. I'd also like to say with my kids, but I think they just tolerate me lol. I feel a strong sense of belonging with my Congregation, but only when I'm in good standing, and that's been... gee... at least 10 years now.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
My aversion to confrontation, my inability to properly discipline and guide my kids, my inability to keep my house clean were seen as my biggest weaknesses by others. I dislike my laziness... but not enough to really change :ranting:

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Other people are drawn to my smiles and compassion and empathy; which are also the things I like most about myself. I also really love my intuition and I wish I wouldn't doubt it as much as I tend to.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
Does a cleaning service count? How about a wealthy benefactor to take all these cats off my hands? Or at least have them spayed and neutered? How about it, if people would stop dumping their animals off nearby so they wouldn't come here to begin with :ng_mad:

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Not really. I love the peace and quiet and simplicity of monotony. I can always find some way to entertain or amuse myself.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
?? I like confidence and intelligence, agreeableness, passionate interests, common sense. I dislike high energy and strong emotional displays.
I can get along with almost anyone though; at least for short periods of time.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
What is sex and romance lol? As a concept, I think they're fine. Too much gushiness would make me uncomfortable.
What I already have- a highly intelligent spouse who takes care of me the best he can.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I've raised 4. My main concern now is whether or not they'll ever leave :rotfl: I just want them to be happy, healthy, productive members of society.
I failed and continue to fail as a parent. I've always been too passive, permissive, and accepting. There have been no true, long lasting consequences for any of their actions.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
The only beliefs I really hold dear enough to actually clash against are discrimination or religious bashing or overly swearing. And because I hold those so tightly, I'll speak up. Except for the swearing. With my kids, I grumble and rant and tell them to friggin watch their language because they know how I feel. If it's coming from my hubby or relatives, I just grin and bear it but grumble internally. It's an OCD type thing. For days after exposure, those words ricochet in my brain without end. It's like tourettes in that I'll be trying to sleep or PRAY when *&$% pops into my brain. Just thinking about this is irritating me rofl.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I don't really have one. I don't work or interact with people other than trips to the store (for the most part). I liken myself to a "kept woman" in that my hubby pays all my bills and taxes and gives me a small weekly allowance to work with. I wouldn't survive in society.
I think people, as a whole, are okay. They're just trying to take care of themselves the best they can, with what they have.
Racism, discrimination and homelessness are the biggest social problems I can think of. I can't really choose one that's worse.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I don't.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
Friendly, accepting.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think 9 ISFP

I liked bird box too!! :) I love watching thriller/dystopian movies on my bed with a bowl of comfort food lol

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you, [MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION] (btw, I LOVE your username lol. It always makes me either smile or harrumph in shared sentiment).

I have to tackle some more of these questionnaires... just not today :rofl1:

What made you choose "S"?

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Thank you, [MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION] (btw, I LOVE your username lol. It always makes me either smile or harrumph in shared sentiment).

I have to tackle some more of these questionnaires... just not today :rofl1:

What made you choose "S"?

thank you :D i wanted to advertise my strengths when i made this account obviously

It wasn't anything in particular that said S over N, it was just that I thought ISFP fits you well overall. I think the being intuitive about people may be a 9 thing?-I can relate as well, I'm not sure if it has to do with how N is defined. You seem more concrete than abstract, although that's just one aspect...so I don't know. A lot of the things you talk about seem to be more concrete, everyday, practical things. But you know yourself best for sure

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you again. I'll check out your link after this post :)
N & S were very close 59/41% My intuition has come down over the years. I try to talk myself out of my gut reactions and feelings. I DEFINITELY prefer concrete over abstract!!!!!

I've been wanting to search, on here, about the types and HSP and how they interact. I'm exceptionally HSP except when it comes to horror/thrillers and stimulants lol. That's more a product of my upbringing?
It's a question because it's the whole nurture vs nature thing. My family were all extroverts. Gossipy, aggressive, loud, abusive (though not maliciously so). I got into self-injury because I was so DETERMINED not to be anything like them.
BUT, would someone of a different personality type even consider such extreme self-training/discipline actions? Was I just reinforcing that which was already innate for me? Or did I change the course of my potential and development?
Hmmm...

**EDIT**
rofl. Charismatic or just "lucky" :happy0065: I usually get the opposite. I order 10 nuggets and- not only do I get 8, but they get the drink order wrong too :rofl1: (not really. It sure feels that way sometimes though lol)

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's a video questionnaire I made.
I HATE that weird humming/sing-song thing I do (WHY?! lol) It took me a few days before I actually watched it and once I saw the habit, I notice (horrifyingly enough) that I do it IRL too

How would y'all type me?
For clarification: I am now Present focused. Until my 30's, it was my habit to dwell too much on the past. I even re-wrote the past, from time to time, in daydreams. I finally realized, though, that it was detrimental to my mental health and after a LOT of work, I squashed it.

YouTube

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@Zhaylin

Rubs my eyes from the blinding flash of the Feeling dichotomy
You're just one of those people where "Yep. This person is surely X [Feeling, in this case] dichotomy."
And after a while of seeing you around, clear Perceiving dichotomy, especially hearing the tidbits you have written about your past/childhood.
Rubs my eyes from the blinding flash of both
Since it is very clear, I won't go into too much detail over it.

MBTI

ENNEAGRAM

Last edited:

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow! Thank you, so much, for the time you took with this. Your insight has been most appreciated.
lol, so sorry for blinding you :D

My "N" used to be much higher. It's only at 59% nowadays.
The info on the ISFP just doesn't fit any time of my life so far: "... they use aesthetics, design and even their choices and actions to push the limits of social convention. Adventurers enjoy upsetting traditional expectations with experiments in beauty and behavior... "
I don't have any sort of attachment to aesthetics (as I understand it). I NEVER try to upset any sort of traditional expectations and rarely experiment (that doesn't mesh with my go with the flow/peace keeper needs). If I do experiment, it's for the sake of comfort or function (not beauty).

"...Riskier behaviors like gambling and extreme sports are more common with this personality type than with others. Fortunately their attunement to the moment and their environment allows them to do better than most. Adventurers also enjoy connecting with others, and have a certain irresistible charm..."
The riskiest thing I do is drive over the speed limit. I used to smoke heavily but I vape now instead. And I go out of my way to avoid people. (I no longer shop at the Dollar Tree because an employee there talks my ear off and doesn't let me gracefully exit as fast as I need. It's been about 3+ years since I've gone. He's nice enough and I was fond of his mother, but I don't have it in me to stand around chitchatting for 30 minutes.)

And finally, "... Overly Competitive – Adventurers can escalate small things into intense competitions, turning down long-term success in their search for glory in the moment, and are unhappy when they lose."
I don't have a competitive bone in my body lol.

I will look into those Enneagrams some more. Thank you again :wubbie:

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow! Thank you, so much, for the time you took with this. Your insight has been most appreciated.
lol, so sorry for blinding you :D

My "N" used to be much higher. It's only at 59% nowadays.
The info on the ISFP just doesn't fit any time of my life so far: "... they use aesthetics, design and even their choices and actions to push the limits of social convention. Adventurers enjoy upsetting traditional expectations with experiments in beauty and behavior... "
I don't have any sort of attachment to aesthetics (as I understand it). I NEVER try to upset any sort of traditional expectations and rarely experiment (that doesn't mesh with my go with the flow/peace keeper needs). If I do experiment, it's for the sake of comfort or function (not beauty).

"...Riskier behaviors like gambling and extreme sports are more common with this personality type than with others. Fortunately their attunement to the moment and their environment allows them to do better than most. Adventurers also enjoy connecting with others, and have a certain irresistible charm..."
The riskiest thing I do is drive over the speed limit. I used to smoke heavily but I vape now instead. And I go out of my way to avoid people. (I no longer shop at the Dollar Tree because an employee there talks my ear off and doesn't let me gracefully exit as fast as I need. It's been about 3+ years since I've gone. He's nice enough and I was fond of his mother, but I don't have it in me to stand around chitchatting for 30 minutes.)

And finally, "... Overly Competitive – Adventurers can escalate small things into intense competitions, turning down long-term success in their search for glory in the moment, and are unhappy when they lose."
I don't have a competitive bone in my body lol.

I will look into those Enneagrams some more. Thank you again :wubbie:

Don't mention it- and wow. If it means anything, I barely see ISFPs like that either. They tend to be some of the most calm, low-key, down-to earth individuals I meet, sometimes even too quiet and getting their voice lost in the crowd- but that is another gross generalization, like saying all Leos are loud and popular. Go by the functions (I described them based off functions/dichotomies) rather than behaviour, so far, you do fit Sensing over Intuitive, that is my basis for typing you.

Enneagram can be quite informative. Do post your findings here if you need any help with them, or if you relate to them and wish to just log them down somewhere. The core type and IV (instinctual variant) matters most anyway, and you seem to have that nailed down. And, you're welcome.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay. I'll read up on the functions some more myself. The behavioral breakdowns are what tend to confuse me (especially in socionics!)

I'm about to eat and watch a show, then I'll jump right into the enneagrams. I'm sure I'll have a million more questions rofl.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay. I'll read up on the functions some more myself. The behavioral breakdowns are what tend to confuse me (especially in socionics!)

I'm about to eat and watch a show, then I'll jump right into the enneagrams. I'm sure I'll have a million more questions rofl.

Behaviours help point towards the underlying things that matter; the cognition (MBTI) or Motivation (Enneagram), but does not work alone. MBTI and Enneagram are not behavioural models, after all, they are based off cognition and motivation respectively. Here's an example where behaviour and behaviour alone can fall short:
A little confusion(Traits vs motivations)
As well as Coriolis' contribution beneath it, just to give you an idea.

Have fun!

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I arrived at 945 based on test numbers. I just chose the highest ones, then read about them. It was very close between 2 and 4. 2 had the highest score, but 4 won out because what I read clicked: "Healthy Fours are willing to reveal highly personal and potentially shameful things about themselves because they are determined to understand the truth of their experience—so that they can discover who they are and come to terms with their emotional history. This ability also enables Fours to endure suffering with a quiet strength. "

But, upon reading some more, that's about the only thing that clicked lol.

2's just seem more "out there" (personally involved) than I've ever cared to be.
But I was "the cool mom"- accepting, guiding, counseling.

Going with base fears, 3's fear resonates the most (though it's score was one of the lowest rofl)
"Basic Fear: Of being worthless"
I DESPISE feeling like a mooch. Even with family, friends, my husband, I feel like I have to "earn my keep" or prove my worth.

That sounds more like a 5 thing, but that's the wrong "center".

I don't recognize much of anything regarding 7. Especially the bit about indecisiveness leading to cramming too many visits in one vacation :D
And while I might WANT fries from Wendy's and a sandwich from BK, I will pick one :D
I also do NOT have a quick, agile mind nor the ability to learn things quickly.
(Type Seven — The Enneagram Institute)
The basic fear isn't something I concern myself with either: "Of being deprived and in pain" Both have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, so I just roll with it unless it's extreme.

Hmmm... so, perhaps 925. I'll look some more. Thanks for the link and explaining that fear is prime motivator for Enneagrams.

But again... I'm probably confusing cognition and motivation with behaviors. Bah!

Lets try images again..
View attachment 21246

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I discount E2 because it just seems they go out of their way to be helpful. I would just rather be left alone to my own devices and thoughts.
I was recently watching a YouTube about an ENFP E2 and her struggles with her enneagram. Some of what she said really resonated with me: E2's HATE asking for help because they don't want to be seen as needy or burdensome. They don't appreciate their own worth.
There was more, but I can't call it to mind now.

Listening to her, I just kept thinking about the time I sold 2 e-cig lanyards. He gave me $20. and I left, in tears because I felt I had ripped him off. I kept thinking about all the things that was wrong with them and how ashamed I should be for accepting his money.

I almost NEVER let people see me weak. In fact, I've told my husband and kids that I am going to be one of those very wise elderly women who KNOWS when I'm about to die. When my time comes, I'm going to walk off into the woods, die, and let the animals consume me (lol, that also plays into an irrational fear I have of waking up on the autopsy table). If I ever learned I had some fatal disease, I seriously doubt I'd tell anyone.

I used to have a LOT of gallbladder pain. When I couldn't take it anymore, I called my hubby (he was at work) and told him I was going to the neighboring towns ER to have it removed. I did NOT want him to come. They took it out and I drove myself home the next day (they thought someone was driving me).
When I'm sick or in pain, I do NOT want to be near other people. I don't want to feel compelled to worry about them worrying about me and having to wear a brave face for their sake. I want to feel whatever I need to feel in peace.

And yes, if someone seeks me out, I'm there for them to the best of my ability. I'm always helping others, even if it's just to be a listening ear, mediator or counselor. I don't go looking for that though.

Is all of that an E2 thing?

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Placeholder to be filled out when my brain is working better lol

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yikes! So sorry I missed your reply [MENTION=28390]Venus Rose[/MENTION]. I've not checked this area for quite some time.
No one would ever mistake me for an E. I score as 93-96% Introverted lol.

I'm curious to look into your link regardless though <3
Thank you.

**EDIT**
Ooooh, nice link.
I explored it some and found Here Are The Most Common Enneagram Types For Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type | Page 16 | Thought Catalog

I'm definitely an INFP 9w1; but as a 9w1, it would explain why some people see me more as an ISFP.

Seeing the SV stackings made me remember a question I had. I've strongly objected to sx being anywhere in my typing lol. I'm demisexual with strong asexual leanings. I see myself as very sp/so. SP, first, because my leading motivation is for solitude and self-sufficiency. I've always been drawn to nature, living off the land, and making do with the bare minimum. But I'm very pleasant, personable and smiling (but as a means to ensure peace and not to extend or form relationships).

BUT... I've always been able to wear sexuality when needed. When I was young, I always needed to attract rescuers. While I wasn't overtly active in trying to attract anyone, fantasies of rescuers consumed me. Would/could that just be an extension of SP?
I used to always be a chameleon too. I wasn't trying to be manipulative, simply trying to ensure peace. I was never big on "merging".