User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
    Wow! Thank you, so much, for the time you took with this. Your insight has been most appreciated.
    lol, so sorry for blinding you

My "N" used to be much higher. It's only at 59% nowadays.
    The info on the ISFP just doesn't fit any time of my life so far: "... they use aesthetics, design and even their choices and actions to push the limits of social convention. Adventurers enjoy upsetting traditional expectations with experiments in beauty and behavior... "
    I don't have any sort of attachment to aesthetics (as I understand it). I NEVER try to upset any sort of traditional expectations and rarely experiment (that doesn't mesh with my go with the flow/peace keeper needs). If I do experiment, it's for the sake of comfort or function (not beauty).

"...Riskier behaviors like gambling and extreme sports are more common with this personality type than with others. Fortunately their attunement to the moment and their environment allows them to do better than most. Adventurers also enjoy connecting with others, and have a certain irresistible charm..."
    The riskiest thing I do is drive over the speed limit. I used to smoke heavily but I vape now instead. And I go out of my way to avoid people. (I no longer shop at the Dollar Tree because an employee there talks my ear off and doesn't let me gracefully exit as fast as I need. It's been about 3+ years since I've gone. He's nice enough and I was fond of his mother, but I don't have it in me to stand around chitchatting for 30 minutes.)

And finally, "... Overly Competitive – Adventurers can escalate small things into intense competitions, turning down long-term success in their search for glory in the moment, and are unhappy when they lose."
    I don't have a competitive bone in my body lol.

I will look into those Enneagrams some more. Thank you again
    Don't mention it- and wow. If it means anything, I barely see ISFPs like that either. They tend to be some of the most calm, low-key, down-to earth individuals I meet, sometimes even too quiet and getting their voice lost in the crowd- but that is another gross generalization, like saying all Leos are loud and popular. Go by the functions (I described them based off functions/dichotomies) rather than behaviour, so far, you do fit Sensing over Intuitive, that is my basis for typing you.

Enneagram can be quite informative. Do post your findings here if you need any help with them, or if you relate to them and wish to just log them down somewhere. The core type and IV (instinctual variant) matters most anyway, and you seem to have that nailed down. And, you're welcome.
    Non mi snudare senza ragione.
    Non mi impugnare senza valore.
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Okay. I'll read up on the functions some more myself. The behavioral breakdowns are what tend to confuse me (especially in socionics!)

I'm about to eat and watch a show, then I'll jump right into the enneagrams. I'm sure I'll have a million more questions rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
    Okay. I'll read up on the functions some more myself. The behavioral breakdowns are what tend to confuse me (especially in socionics!)

I'm about to eat and watch a show, then I'll jump right into the enneagrams. I'm sure I'll have a million more questions rofl.
    Behaviours help point towards the underlying things that matter; the cognition (MBTI) or Motivation (Enneagram), but does not work alone. MBTI and Enneagram are not behavioural models, after all, they are based off cognition and motivation respectively. Here's an example where behaviour and behaviour alone can fall short:
    A little confusion(Traits vs motivations)
    As well as Coriolis' contribution beneath it, just to give you an idea.

Have fun!
    Non mi snudare senza ragione.
    Non mi impugnare senza valore.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

I arrived at 945 based on test numbers. I just chose the highest ones, then read about them. It was very close between 2 and 4. 2 had the highest score, but 4 won out because what I read clicked: "Healthy Fours are willing to reveal highly personal and potentially shameful things about themselves because they are determined to understand the truth of their experience—so that they can discover who they are and come to terms with their emotional history. This ability also enables Fours to endure suffering with a quiet strength. "

But, upon reading some more, that's about the only thing that clicked lol.

2's just seem more "out there" (personally involved) than I've ever cared to be.
    But I was "the cool mom"- accepting, guiding, counseling.

Going with base fears, 3's fear resonates the most (though it's score was one of the lowest rofl)
    "Basic Fear: Of being worthless"
    I DESPISE feeling like a mooch. Even with family, friends, my husband, I feel like I have to "earn my keep" or prove my worth.

That sounds more like a 5 thing, but that's the wrong "center".

I don't recognize much of anything regarding 7. Especially the bit about indecisiveness leading to cramming too many visits in one vacation
    And while I might WANT fries from Wendy's and a sandwich from BK, I will pick one
    I also do NOT have a quick, agile mind nor the ability to learn things quickly.
    (Type Seven — The Enneagram Institute)
    The basic fear isn't something I concern myself with either: "Of being deprived and in pain" Both have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, so I just roll with it unless it's extreme.

Hmmm... so, perhaps 925. I'll look some more. Thanks for the link and explaining that fear is prime motivator for Enneagrams.

But again... I'm probably confusing cognition and motivation with behaviors. Bah!

Lets try images again..
    Attachment 21246

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

I think I discount E2 because it just seems they go out of their way to be helpful. I would just rather be left alone to my own devices and thoughts.
    I was recently watching a YouTube about an ENFP E2 and her struggles with her enneagram. Some of what she said really resonated with me: E2's HATE asking for help because they don't want to be seen as needy or burdensome. They don't appreciate their own worth.
    There was more, but I can't call it to mind now.

Listening to her, I just kept thinking about the time I sold 2 e-cig lanyards. He gave me $20. and I left, in tears because I felt I had ripped him off. I kept thinking about all the things that was wrong with them and how ashamed I should be for accepting his money.

I almost NEVER let people see me weak. In fact, I've told my husband and kids that I am going to be one of those very wise elderly women who KNOWS when I'm about to die. When my time comes, I'm going to walk off into the woods, die, and let the animals consume me (lol, that also plays into an irrational fear I have of waking up on the autopsy table). If I ever learned I had some fatal disease, I seriously doubt I'd tell anyone.

I used to have a LOT of gallbladder pain. When I couldn't take it anymore, I called my hubby (he was at work) and told him I was going to the neighboring towns ER to have it removed. I did NOT want him to come. They took it out and I drove myself home the next day (they thought someone was driving me).
    When I'm sick or in pain, I do NOT want to be near other people. I don't want to feel compelled to worry about them worrying about me and having to wear a brave face for their sake. I want to feel whatever I need to feel in peace.

And yes, if someone seeks me out, I'm there for them to the best of my ability. I'm always helping others, even if it's just to be a listening ear, mediator or counselor. I don't go looking for that though.

Is all of that an E2 thing?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Placeholder to be filled out when my brain is working better lol

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Have you considered ENFP?

As for variants, I would agree that you may not be social last; what made you settle on sp/so specifically, if you don't mind me asking?

Here are the most common enneagram types and variants for ENFP.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Yikes! So sorry I missed your reply @Venus Rose. I've not checked this area for quite some time.
    No one would ever mistake me for an E. I score as 93-96% Introverted lol.

I'm curious to look into your link regardless though <3
    Thank you.

**EDIT**
    Ooooh, nice link.
    I explored it some and found Here Are The Most Common Enneagram Types For Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type | Page 16 | Thought Catalog

I'm definitely an INFP 9w1; but as a 9w1, it would explain why some people see me more as an ISFP.

Seeing the SV stackings made me remember a question I had. I've strongly objected to sx being anywhere in my typing lol. I'm demisexual with strong asexual leanings. I see myself as very sp/so. SP, first, because my leading motivation is for solitude and self-sufficiency. I've always been drawn to nature, living off the land, and making do with the bare minimum. But I'm very pleasant, personable and smiling (but as a means to ensure peace and not to extend or form relationships).

BUT... I've always been able to wear sexuality when needed. When I was young, I always needed to attract rescuers. While I wasn't overtly active in trying to attract anyone, fantasies of rescuers consumed me. Would/could that just be an extension of SP?
    I used to always be a chameleon too. I wasn't trying to be manipulative, simply trying to ensure peace. I was never big on "merging".