User Tag List

First 123

Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it. Link: Conceptually Blind | Perfect timing is a concept -- there is… | Flickr

My picture: Conceptually Blind | Perfect timing is a concept -- there is… | Flickr
    The first thing I noticed was the symmetry, then the rocks on the foreground; the water looks very clean, then, that this would be a nice place to be at. My impression is that it seems secluded and peaceful.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions? We gotta do something so we can visit our favorite musician.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
    Oh, it depends on what it is. Of course, if it is illuminating and a learning experience, I would appreciate them.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
    I follow that intuition-thing. Now that you mention it, I'm not sure what situations they are most triggered in.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
    a) Anything I can do alone, b) I suppose being emotionally expressive, or socializing too much, or doing something so brain-dead level repetitive.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
    ...a lot? I don't think people go out blurting 100% of what is on their mind in general. I think 'repressing' isn't the right word for that, though.
    Last edited by Earl Grey; 11-01-2019 at 06:33 PM.
    S K Y K I N G
    It is said to have lived for hundreds of millions of years in the earth's ozone layer, above the clouds.
    Its existence had been completely unknown because it lived so high in the sky.

I've come upon several realizations that can be tied to enneagram-esque things and I wish we had a "random type thought thread" where we can just post random tidbits we think are related to our own type.

Numero Uno: I've been told I can be good with people- not average, good. But then there are certain dynamics I just do not catch, that just go over my head. Then I realized that while I can be very quick to go about things in say, a more lax or group/professional setting, if it's 1 on 1 or god forbid, a more romantic nature, I tend to be... Far slower. Like the engine doesn't run at all. As if that person is taking me to the woods, but I don't even know we're going there, and before I know it, we're in it, and I'm like "Huh? I thought we were doing all the same things, what is this different place?"

Like a friend tells me, I am very slow to 'undress', I seem to not think about it at all. It's as if certain kinds of relationships comes in stages and even if I do enter the building, I am never aware there is a 2nd floor, or that there is some 'need' to go there. It's as if they suddenly, at one point, turn behind and see I wasn't following them, and they're like "What? Where are you??" and sometimes it feels a little like "Where are you?? You're SUPPOSED to be here!" What? Where? Why? How? When? Where was the cue that I missed? What kind of tour is this?

Numero Dos (?): Another tiny realization; the difference between assertiveness and aggression, because I KNOW I am not aggressive, but I've been told I'm assertive (???) and I think what confused the hell out of me is that I equated both and since I am not aggressive, I'm not assertive. No; if a kid repeatedly kicks my leg in queue and I tell them to stop, that's assertive. If they kick my leg in queue and I throw them over my shoulder, that's aggressive. Using a kid as an example here, because aggression is much clearer in situations where there is a power imbalance (whereas an adult would have 'had it coming'). With this understanding, I think I can understand / accept more if someone says I'm assertive. My denial of that has been more out of a lack of information and understanding than a discomfort with the idea of asserting.
    S K Y K I N G
    It is said to have lived for hundreds of millions of years in the earth's ozone layer, above the clouds.
    Its existence had been completely unknown because it lived so high in the sky.