• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is this type of behavior normal to you?

Morpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
It sounds like the difference between being childlike and childish.

If [MENTION=38616]Morpheus[/MENTION] wishes, I will split these posts off into a new thread, or simply remove to the graveyard. I have seen worse derails. At least we are still discussing one of the qualities that came up as part of the overall type analysis. Perhaps it is still beneficial.

Well, most people(actually I think all. Even my gf said that I look a lot with Jughead from Riverdale, which is an INTP) seemed to agree that I'm an INTP, I think that this answers the question, and it became a nice discussion.

My opinion is that, although I agree with [MENTION=29849]Yuu[/MENTION], sadly I can't handle my emotions well when I'm stressed, I tend to hold it till I can't hold it anymore, and then something that I'll regret happens. Also I like to be a little childlike but sometimes I get childish when dealing with frustation and adversity and this is something I don't like and have to work on.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My husband is an I?T?. He's 74 years old and still doesn't handle his emotions well (though he's MUCH improved over the last 5 years or so).
I think of his outbursts as temper tantrums. Or, sometimes, he just needs to eat lol. In fact, that's actually become a sort of secret language between us.

Because I'm an INFP, I loathe conflict. I can be overly sensitive (though that's MUCH improved for me over the years lol). If we're doing something and he starts overly grumbling at me about stuff, I just ask him if he wants to grab something to eat.
That's my indirect way of saying "chill out, you're making me uncomfortable"; while at the same time, it lets him step back and evaluate his emotions and thinking processes and stops him from spiraling.

I commend you for realizing your responses might be exaggerated and recommend you find a way to find your own sort of secret language. My husband owns his own business and he's almost lost employees because of his outbursts. He's an Ophthalmologist, in a tiny town, and his employees are highly trained techs and nurses, so he can't really afford to lose them. Knowing how to reel in his emotions, in earlier years, could have made his life a lot better. Now, he's starting to think about retiring so it's too late in that arena.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, most people(actually I think all. Even my gf said that I look a lot with Jughead from Riverdale, which is an INTP) seemed to agree that I'm an INTP, I think that this answers the question, and it became a nice discussion.

My opinion is that, although I agree with Yuu, sadly I can't handle my emotions well when I'm stressed, I tend to hold it till I can't hold it anymore, and then something that I'll regret happens. Also I like to be a little childlike but sometimes I get childish when dealing with frustation and adversity and this is something I don't like and have to work on.

My brother is INTP (E9 core though) and he is a little similar. Something about INTP (F inferior in general but I find this more pronounced in INTPs) is that they tend to be a little emotionally oblivious. In the moment, while processing, I see that they tend to not see emotions as being a part of the problem and are even aloof to it (XNTJ more consciously set them aside ime). Which is great, except when they're dealing with an actual emotional matter. Think of it like not realizing you have a broken leg till it actually snaps.

From the things I have read here I think it could go either way, INFP or INTP, then again I am majorly T/F blind myself. INFP because a focus on love, feelings, "music must align with my mood", and being liked / getting people to like you, a focus on your own feelings and how you should feel, and I think INFPs can be aloof, cold, distant in their own ways. I type as INFP and tend to be stupidly brutally honest when giving help (which tend to be more solutions-oriented) and treat people trying to make me their emotional support like I'm handling hot coal, so reading your bits about being distant and in-your-head isn't enough for me to give you a solid INTP, whereas you show a lot more of other F traits in your other posts, which are naturally-occurring instead of being a reaction to others (eg; others calling you cold). BUT my brother is also the same way, so take this with a gigantic grain of salt, emotions are weird, I am majorly T/F blind myself.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My brother is INTP (E9 core though) and he is a little similar. Something about INTP (F inferior in general but I find this more pronounced in INTPs) is that they tend to be a little emotionally oblivious. In the moment, while processing, I see that they tend to not see emotions as being a part of the problem and are even aloof to it (XNTJ more consciously set them aside ime). Which is great, except when they're dealing with an actual emotional matter. Think of it like not realizing you have a broken leg till it actually snaps.

From the things I have read here I think it could go either way, INFP or INTP, then again I am majorly T/F blind myself. INFP because a focus on love, feelings, "music must align with my mood", and being liked / getting people to like you, a focus on your own feelings and how you should feel, and I think INFPs can be aloof, cold, distant in their own ways. I type as INFP and tend to be stupidly brutally honest when giving help (which tend to be more solutions-oriented) and treat people trying to make me their emotional support like I'm handling hot coal, so reading your bits about being distant and in-your-head isn't enough for me to give you a solid INTP, whereas you show a lot more of other F traits in your other posts, which are naturally-occurring instead of being a reaction to others (eg; others calling you cold). BUT my brother is also the same way, so take this with a gigantic grain of salt, emotions are weird, I am majorly T/F blind myself.
You are a good example of INFP not fitting the stereotypes. In fact, [MENTION=38590]Zhaylin[/MENTION]'s post above reminded me of some of the things you have mentioned over the months. Population:1 is also an INFP who doesn't fit the "fluffy bunny/hippie flower child" stereotype. Seriously, those two-dimensional impressions really need to go. When you divide humanity into 16 groups, there is bound to be considerable variation within each one. Yes, there can seem a fine line between the types that are one letter off: INFP and INTP here. So far, I still see [MENTION=38616]Morpheus[/MENTION] on the INTP side, though I have less data to work with than with you. I think this is based mainly on the content included (what seems important to mention), and the way in which it is discussed and explained.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have been called "Ice Queen" before... so, there are people who think I'm cold. And I am INFP.

I think Fi and Ti can sometimes be difficult to distinguish. So it might be better to look at whether you think Te or Fe is in that 4th spot, where it's not a comfortable function for you to use.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And also, take the other tests. Reading IX's questionnaires pointed out just how important those other functions are!

I'm an INFP 9w1 (945), so of course I'm all about unicorns and fluffy bunnies (so to speak).
What would, say, and INTP 963 be like compared to a 478 (if such were even possible lol. I googled "most peaceable" and "most angry" tritypes, but it was taking too long, so I just went with those 2).
And then, how would they be even more different with their iv's and sociotypes?

So yea, Morpheus, be sure to keep digging into the other tests if you're interested in all this. The variations are mind boggling.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So yea, Morpheus, be sure to keep digging into the other tests if you're interested in all this. The variations are mind boggling.

I second this a thousand times. I know my brother can seem faux-F because he is E9-core and I am the dead opposite, faux-T because of E5 core.

Morpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I'm seeing that it's kinda hard to differentiate between Ti and Fi. Well, I can relate more with INTPs right now, but being unsure of things make me uncomfortable, so I'll keep looking out for it.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I'm seeing that it's kinda hard to differentiate between Ti and Fi. Well, I can relate more with INTPs right now, but being unsure of things make me uncomfortable, so I'll keep looking out for it.

Bolded = boy yes it can be. Especially in decision-making, because both are inductive and intuitive in nature, and there's no saying INTP can't be emotional and INFP can't be logical. Preferences, not skill.

I'd say the more you dig in while expanding your self-awareness, the clearer it will be. At least, that has been the case for me. It can take some time, especially if you are young. Typing can be a long journey, and ultimately you know you best, despite whatever behaviours or external appearances others see. Do your own thing, your natural preferences will become clear over time, whether or not you fit the stereotypical descriptions of the type you relate to.

Morpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
My brother is INTP (E9 core though) and he is a little similar. Something about INTP (F inferior in general but I find this more pronounced in INTPs) is that they tend to be a little emotionally oblivious. At the moment, while processing, I see that they tend to not see emotions as being a part of the problem and are even aloof to it (XNTJ more consciously set them aside time). Which is great, except when they're dealing with an actual emotional matter. Think of it like not realizing you have a broken leg till it actually snaps.

From the things I have read here I think it could go either way, INFP or INTP, then again I am majorly T/F blind myself. INFP because a focus on love, feelings, " music must align with my mood", and being liked/getting people to like you, a focus on your own feelings and how you should feel, and I think INFPs can be aloof, cold, distant in their own ways. I type as INFP and tend to be stupidly brutally honest when giving help (which tend to be more solutions-oriented) and treat people trying to make me their emotional support like I'm handling hot coal, so reading your bits about being distant and in-your-head isn't enough for me to give you a solid INTP, whereas you show a lot more of other F traits in your other posts, which are naturally-occurring instead of being a reaction to others (eg; others calling you cold). BUT my brother is also the same way, so take this with a gigantic grain of salt, emotions are weird, I am majorly T/F blind myself.

Yes, I think I'm T/F blind cause I was searching more and found this video YouTube and I relate with both types in different aspects. I don't trust much on professionals, but I don't challenge them either. The proving intellect part is the same, most of the time I don't do it but I can be showy especially when I feel vulnerable, and I never tried to prove to someone that I love them, not by words, presence or attention, but with actions and help. Also, I like to see people's motivations, which make them different, what they like to do, or talk about, I usually someone's moral code if it makes sense to me, like a friend of my that's Afro-descendant and was judging some white reggae musicians because the band name was Black Inheritance, and they always shout this, he got upset while it just didn't make sense to me cause it could mean various good things, like the inspiration they'got from black musicians and made them make music or the recognition of racism and importance of fighting against it. While I can understand that he thought like that cause he must have dealt with racism so much, that he thinks only black people can say Black Inheritance, I can just think about how dumb he is for not acknowledging that those musicians were fighting with him and not against him, that every Brazilian, white, black or even Nipo-descendant like me have African blood running in our veins. So even knowing his reasons, it made me distant of him because i not only disagree but think it's really dumb.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, I think I'm T/F blind cause I was searching more and found this video YouTube and I relate with both types in different aspects. I don't trust much on professionals, but I don't challenge them either. The proving intellect part is the same, most of the time I don't do it but I can be showy especially when I feel vulnerable, and I never tried to prove to someone that I love them, not by words, presence or attention, but with actions and help. Also, I like to see people's motivations, which make them different, what they like to do, or talk about, I usually someone's moral code if it makes sense to me

FWIW, a distrust of 'professional structures' are less about cognitive functions, but what kind and why may yield some clues.
Any type can prove and want to prove their 'intellect', and there are many types of intelligences- unless you mean it in its most mundane understanding (like grades, how fast one learns, etc). A lot of I--Ps I know are very actions > words people, I think superfluous words are more commonly a Fe thing, but that's just a stereotype.

Usually morality / value judgement has to do with F, but nothing to say Ts can't as well (being a Thinker doesn't mean you have no morals, after all). FWIW, it does sound Fi, but it can very well be inferior Fe. I relate to what you say, about liking to see people's motivations, what makes them different- that is usually a Fi sentiment. Why do you focus on their motivations and what makes them different? Also, what 'makes sense' to you? It seems that from your example, you are looking at it from a morality, personal motivation, personal-experiences standpoint rather than a logical structure (Ti) one.

EDIT: Might want to ask others too since my knowledge on MBTI is more limited than enneagram.

Morpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
Why do you focus on their motivations and what makes them different? Also, what 'makes sense' to you? It seems that from your example, you are looking at it from a morality, personal motivation, personal-experiences standpoint rather than a logical structure (Ti) one.

I like to see other people's inspirations, it makes me inspired to work hard. Also, it's a good way of determining if a person has something meaningful to show. I dislike people that don't seek anything and just look for fun because these type of person don't have much to talk about too, don't attract my interest. To something to make sense to me I need to make sure that it works in any possible scenario I can imagine. Like this MBTI thing, I made my first test 5 years ago, and in five years I've always have the same result as INTP, but those descriptions, sounded like my perfect version of myself, I want to be as smart as those descriptions say, but I'm not. I'm too lazy to keep focus, I'm too insecure of myself to be this kind of guy, I've always had some passive posture, always trying to not make conflict with anybody. So those little cues, and then sometimes I can identify with other types and start doubting, it's like needing something that makes sense in every little aspect. Like this guy I've mentioned before, it was so simple to him like "why is this white guy talking about black inheritance" but I could see everything, I could why he was thinking like that, could imagine how much racism he had dealt in his whole life, but I could see the reasons for the band name too, seeing the various reasons for that band's name. So I knew my friend was wrong, but I just smiled and ignored his complainings, because I dislike confrontation and it was just not worth the effort.

EDIT: Might want to ask others too since my knowledge on MBTI is more limited than enneagram.

Well, I'm just posting it. But every help is welcome. Anyways, I appreciate this help you're giving me. Answering those questions is making me dive deep into myself, thank you.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you can easily be an INFP. Fi types can be cold and distant, but it doesn't mean that they don't care about others. 4 with a strong 5 wing, or 5 fix in your enneagram tritype would make you more T than other INFPs.

Morpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
I think you can easily be an INFP. Fi types can be cold and distant, but it doesn't mean that they don't care about others. 4 with a strong 5 wing, or 5 fix in your enneagram tritype would make you more T than other INFPs.

Cool! I'll made some tests when you said that, here is my results:

Type 1 Orderliness |||||||||| 34%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 26%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||| 74%

Your main type is Type 5
Your variant stacking is sp/sx/so
Your level of health is average

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Your main type is Type 5

Your scores on 5,4 and 9 are the same, well you definitely sound like a triple withdrawn type. Read up about 459 tritype, I'm sure you'll relate to it well. I'm not sure which one of them is your dominant type, that's a decision you have to make yourself.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp

Your main type is Type 5

it looks like you took the similar minds one. That's one of the worst tests lol. I'd discount those results :shock:

Morpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
it looks like you took the similar minds one. That's one of the worst tests lol. I'd discount those results :shock:

Omg lol, it was similar minds. Do you have a good test recommendation? I did three now and all two of them was 5 results, one 4 and always 9 in second or third type.

Morpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
"Tritype 5-4-9: shy, somewhat fragile and a bit romantic, such Fives tend to put on a congenial façade to hide their rich inner worlds from the society. They outwardly appear friendly but reserved, usually mysterious to other people who sense there is more depth and intensity hidden behind their amiable mask. These Fives have rich imaginations and love to immerse themselves in thoughts and fantasies. They are introspective, dreamy, creative and socially withdrawn, but also disorganized and painfully avoidant.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-9-4, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: insightful, imaginative, enigmatic and unstructured"

I just read this description and it is just like me.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=38616]Morpheus[/MENTION] tests in general aren't very relateable, but since I'd already seen your description of youself, the actual result of the test seemed to be fitting. You should redd up abut the types, I'm pretty certain of the tritype, but you could be a 4w5 as well as 5w4. I think the enneagram could solve your T/F issue as well. 4s are not your typical feeling types, even though they're very emotional, they are also withdrawn, shy and egocentric. I think an e type 4 might open your eyes when it comes to the different flavours of feeling types in the MBTI.

If you'll relate more to the cold logic of a 5, I''d say that there's is a good chance of you actually being an INTP.

Keep in mind that enneagram types come in different coats as well. 4 sp is less emotional and more distant while 4 sx is passionate and intense. 5 sp is the most cold type of a 5 and sx 5 can sometimes seem overly intense for a head type.