• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TYPE ME? Kanra is confused

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Long time coming. Brace yourself, I talk a lot

As for ENTP and INTP. While I lack Se awareness, the factor that sticks out to me as inferior Si and dominant Ne is that I'm constantly needing external stimulation. I'm always texting, drawing, listening to music, watching constant youtube videos, and even listening to asmr and music to sleep. I'm always working on many idea project I have for youtube, I have a HUGE list of ideas and I want to get them all out for EVERYONE to see and that potentiality can be ... exciting. Then with inferior Si I am horrible with daily routines, have bad memory, most my past is a blur, and also when I've been under the influence I can get very paranoid about my body and be terrified I'm gonna die or something so I can't drink or smoke too much from body sensitivity. It's like I'm attached to my body, yet I'm also very detached otherwise because I don't pay much attention to health. I also probably play with the social atmosphere a bit too much as people's minds and reactions fascinate me.

Enneagram 5:

-I have a past of isolating, and I'm still coming out of it. Reason being I got very depressed and never really totally got out of it. ISOLATION is like a big indicator I suppose, but ... I've been depressed. Had depression many many years of my life.
-Lower energy normally. Hello depression.
-I can speak very monotone sometimes and calm and I have a history of researching things. Sometimes deeply. I feel like a robot sometimes.
-I can be hyper focused on my goals. Which is usually one or two things. To the point of forgetting about other things. If I'm really on a roll, anyway. Or if I'm trying to solve a problem. But then I get stressed out if I do it for too long because I desparately start wanting something new.
-I love information. Knoweldge. And digging to find the truth.
-I can type long detailed walls of texts sometimes. If I'm not lazy. I type more than most people, really. Too much to say. And probably sound Ti.

Enneagram 7:

-I have fairly brief bursts of high energy.
-Despite sometimes speaking monotone, my voice is otherwise very fluid and I've taken up some voice acting as a result. It can be higher, deeper, middle ground, accented, not accented, smooth and sarcastic, yet also very theatrical to entertain others sometimes, and I can voice alot of anime characters and even a few joker's. It can spike at times if I'm excited and energetic about new fun ideas I have that I could impliment but after which can go back to the state I was before.
-I can plan well only if it's long distance and related to my goals, but I'm terrible with details and outside of that, in the middle I just react and don't plan at all. I can react super fast and quick on instinct. In videogames I've overwhelmed other players even levels ahead of me because I was too quick thinking. Prefering the approach to flat out overwhelming them.
-I can't stick to one thing very well at all. I bounce around because I get bored. I can't finish games that drag on too long, I can't finish TV shows that have multiple seasons. So I often just watch videos of it if I'm interested instead, or I read up on it to get a quick overview or watch a review. Any time I make characters in character creation (mmos) I switch around the attires and stuff cuz I get bored with how it normally is.
-I share infromation I learn freely. Sometimes I blab too much. Too open.
-Jack of all trades. Master of none.

Problem:

Enneagram 7 seems very active and outgoing and high energy and all that bullcrap. I'm not. I'm not constant high energy, just more in bursts, usually with fun ideas I've got, but I am sociable and funny and I do like doing stuff. When depression doesn't prevent me from it. I don't do a whole bunch of stuff. In fact, I've been mostly alone most my life only going out when friends wanted me to... just depressed. But lately, for half a year now, I've been going out more with a friend, and talking to neighbors and stuff and felt alot more lively from it. Charged. When I'm alone I end up getting hateful after a while...

With Enneagram 5 well, when you're depressed wasting away most of your life and humoring yourself with constant stimulation without needing direct human contact alot then it can appear 5.... maybe it is. Or maybe not. Stimulation like constant texting one person, maybe another, watching videos and listening to music constantly.

Brings me to 4, which I have a huge deep inner emotional world. But daily I'm not in touch with it really, until I listen to the right music that reminds me I have it and I get pulled back into it. Into fantasies. I was a writer, artist, even tried drawing manga, as I've always had created worlds floating around in my head. In love I can be quite the romantic but I rarely actually felt love and I'm generally terrified of commitment. I'm ambitious like a 3 and judge myself based off my successes. Whether positive or negative, I am my art, and I wanna be something serious in the world. And I will. And I will do it my way.

Brings me to 9 and 8. Well, one the one hand I'm very chill usually not aggressive really(I keep hearing everyone say 9 as super slow to anger till they finally erupt, even with 9w8 they avoid and suppress anger). But on the other hand I'm very familiar with my anger and it's natural for me, I detest having to suppress it a bunch. It's a natural thing that we all have and we must accept it, just learn to not let it get out of hand. And some things aren't worth getting angry over. And I'm not easily offended at all. But I have been possessive of those dear to me, and occasionally have been controlling in subtle ways(unhealthier), but overall when healthier I'm pretty much chill and friendly and anyone pretty much thinks I'm really nice and funny in a ironic witty way. I have a very strong sense of Justice in the few values I possess. (outside of that i don't have a clear set of values, honestly) I can't watch murder mysteries because of the murderers killing for such stupid reasons and it angers me. I hate that stuff like that can exist in the world, and really I'd rather just avoid and never watch it. So I don't. Therefore I don't have to feel anything about it. But at the same time I'm a go with the flow person and let others lead if they're competent in that area and I'm not, or I'm just in my head spaced out and not really there. I'm not the type to smash through and lead on, not a blunt leader, rather I'd be the one to influence others less directly. If I'm a leader I want it to be of Ideas and having others help manifest them, and teach philosophically and psychologically what I know. If I'm yelled at and argued with though, I'm likely to yell back out of self defense because I don't want to take any shit. I grew up getting yelled at by my grandmother(unhealthy ISFJ?) who raised me, and then my dad(ESTJ 836) later on, so I got use to bickering for stupid reasons. I'll also debate something even when it's becoming an argument because the other person is butthurt, to me the TRUTH is more important than the peace. And I'm not doing it out of anger so much as trying to make them understand that whatever they're so personally offended about it ridiculous. I value peace a lot too because it's stressful and I don't get energized from fighting, it stresses me out, but I'm very defensive of my territory. I use to have serious anger issues when I was a little kid, but nowadays I've learned to conceal it for the most part, I only show it in my voice and eyes if anything now. It's gotten to the point that I don't let myself show it around anyone really unless I'm by myself. Unless the other is yelling then because I hate it when people yell. I think arguments and debates should all be handled with rationality not...intimidation. Intimidation seems more primitive. Whatever I developed was to survive. Outside of that though, I'm just chill, sarcastic, poised, and as everyone says in daily life, "nice" despite the fact I'm a smart alec and can get randomly distant with people. Off and on type person.

I act pretty positive in person, always trying to make a situation lighter, making light of serious things to cope. But outside of that, eh, I also can be into dark and somewhat morbid things as well but I kinda just go back and forth. I made a creepy pasta, and I like gothic asthetics.

If I read enneagram tritype definitions 359 and 478 fit me a lot.

Sx:

I'm intense, on or off again, need my stimulation, romance or other things. Intense eyes. Intense interests. Fascinations. I'm all in or not at all. Sometimes back and forth like a yo-yo.

Sp:

I've built a wall of protection for myself following trauma. I use to just dive in but now I can't. Been a problem in relationships. My, uh, "fortress" as they call it.

So:

The views of society and becoming something means a lot to me. The way I speak and act can be calculated. My image matters. But that can also blur with 4 and 3. I wanna do something big, maybe if I can't change the world, I can at least cause positive impacts on many people's lives. I love revolutionary characters. Pain in Naruto, V from V for vendette, Ect. Viva la revolution~

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Mm...I see a lot of T preference and definitely P. Also, there's a sense you might be extroverted, too... ENTP sounds about correct to me, though I am by no means an expert.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks. Glad someone responded at least.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
I'm an INTP and my sister is a very classic ENTP, so sometimes I notice differences between us that seem like type differences.

For example, one thing that I do (that annoys me sometimes and I hope it doesn't annoy others) is that I'll state random facts or start talking about things that I've read. But it's not just a small quirk, I do it ALL THE TIME. And like... my sister is able to communicate without doing this. So I can only guess that that's because Ti isn't such a defining feature for her. You mentioned that you share information you learn freely, which is sort of what I do.

One thing my sister does that is a stereotypical ENTP thing is that she loves pranks. And she has that characteristic cheeky smile that you'll see on many ENTP faces. And she can lie... like, really, she can lie, lie, lie. Just for the heck of it. Best and most pathological liar that I know. This could just be unique to her but I see a disturbing amount of ENTPs discussing this ability, lol. When you say you 'play with the social atmosphere a bit too much as people's minds and reactions fascinate me', that definitely sounds like an ENTP thing.

Also her Fe is a bit more prominent than mine, to the point where I think it's a bit of a disadvantage for her. She hurts herself by caring so much about other people. (Which sounds hugely contradictory to the previous point and I can't explain it either...) I think in ENTPs Fe probably manifests a bit earlier and in different ways to an INTP.

The difficulty with figuring out whether your Ne is dom or aux is that Ne is such a huge deal for both types. I easily love Ne the best even though my dominant is Ti. I think your Ne and Ti are probably pretty balanced, but I would guess that you're most likely an ENTP who happens to have strong Ti.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow this is really tough because you've provided a lot of information, yet you haven't really expressed your motivations in a way that really gives enough insight to peg you as a type in the ennea (no offence). Nonetheless, I think there is enough information to narrow things down a little bit. I've dispersed a couple of questions in here I think might be helpful (and also to confirm that the conclusions I'm making aren't off the beaten path).

I think the first thing worth mentioning is that this seems pretty strongly ENTP. Based on function dynamics, Ne dom sounds like a really good fit for you, and your explanation of Ne dom - Si inferior ect almost fits ENxP as textbook. I waffled about ENFP vs ENTP a little bit just because the Ne was most obvious, but I'm pretty sure I've seen you elsewhere around this forum and see no reason to doubt your Ti. You come across ambiverted, ENTP-Ti is probably quite a good fit. Thus, my focus is going to stick mostly to enneagram (that's the system I seem to be stronger in at the moment anyhow).

Enneagram 5:

-I have a past of isolating, and I'm still coming out of it. Reason being I got very depressed and never really totally got out of it. ISOLATION is like a big indicator I suppose, but ... I've been depressed. Had depression many many years of my life.
-Lower energy normally. Hello depression.
-I can speak very monotone sometimes and calm and I have a history of researching things. Sometimes deeply. I feel like a robot sometimes.
-I can be hyper focused on my goals. Which is usually one or two things. To the point of forgetting about other things. If I'm really on a roll, anyway. Or if I'm trying to solve a problem. But then I get stressed out if I do it for too long because I desparately start wanting something new.
-I love information. Knoweldge. And digging to find the truth.
-I can type long detailed walls of texts sometimes. If I'm not lazy. I type more than most people, really. Too much to say. And probably sound Ti.
You're probably right with your first couple of bullets being depression related; There's bits and pieces here that sound 5-ish, but in a way that might just relate to competency influence than anything else. Also your goal hyper focus (while incredibly relatable hahaha) sounds very typical of low Si. Lots of people love knowledge as a whole, but the way you describe it sounds particularly Ne.

Q1) What do you find attractive about research and knowledge in particular?

Enneagram 7:

-I have fairly brief bursts of high energy.
-Despite sometimes speaking monotone, my voice is otherwise very fluid and I've taken up some voice acting as a result. It can be higher, deeper, middle ground, accented, not accented, smooth and sarcastic, yet also very theatrical to entertain others sometimes, and I can voice alot of anime characters and even a few joker's. It can spike at times if I'm excited and energetic about new fun ideas I have that I could impliment but after which can go back to the state I was before.
-I can plan well only if it's long distance and related to my goals, but I'm terrible with details and outside of that, in the middle I just react and don't plan at all. I can react super fast and quick on instinct. In videogames I've overwhelmed other players even levels ahead of me because I was too quick thinking. Prefering the approach to flat out overwhelming them.
-I can't stick to one thing very well at all. I bounce around because I get bored. I can't finish games that drag on too long, I can't finish TV shows that have multiple seasons. So I often just watch videos of it if I'm interested instead, or I read up on it to get a quick overview or watch a review. Any time I make characters in character creation (mmos) I switch around the attires and stuff cuz I get bored with how it normally is.
-I share infromation I learn freely. Sometimes I blab too much. Too open.
-Jack of all trades. Master of none.
Despite this being far more Ne in nature than 7, I'm pretty sure this pushes at least for not 5 core. A specifically adaptable aproach to things, even with dom Ne, is not 5 in nature, being that 5 is the type to overthink and overplan and then do nothing rather than work on their feet. Jack of all trades is also more stereotypically not 5, as 5 tends to gear itself towards "becoming the master" rather than "becoming good enough at a lot of things to adapt in many situations." Again, not super definitive.

Problem:

Enneagram 7 seems very active and outgoing and high energy and all that bullcrap. I'm not. I'm not constant high energy, just more in bursts, usually with fun ideas I've got, but I am sociable and funny and I do like doing stuff. When depression doesn't prevent me from it. I don't do a whole bunch of stuff. In fact, I've been mostly alone most my life only going out when friends wanted me to... just depressed. But lately, for half a year now, I've been going out more with a friend, and talking to neighbors and stuff and felt alot more lively from it. Charged. When I'm alone I end up getting hateful after a while...
Another point for E over I. sp 7 is a lot less high energy/outgoing and a bit more internalized, which might be worth considering.

With Enneagram 5 well, when you're depressed wasting away most of your life and humoring yourself with constant stimulation without needing direct human contact alot then it can appear 5.... maybe it is. Or maybe not. Stimulation like constant texting one person, maybe another, watching videos and listening to music constantly.
Ti tends to skew towards looking like enneagram 5 even when it's not, so that might play a role too if I'm on the right path with this q. The fact that you default towards stimulation may prove me wrong though.

Brings me to 4, which I have a huge deep inner emotional world. But daily I'm not in touch with it really, until I listen to the right music that reminds me I have it and I get pulled back into it. Into fantasies. I was a writer, artist, even tried drawing manga, as I've always had created worlds floating around in my head. In love I can be quite the romantic but I rarely actually felt love and I'm generally terrified of commitment. I'm ambitious like a 3 and judge myself based off my successes. Whether positive or negative, I am my art, and I wanna be something serious in the world. And I will. And I will do it my way.
Probably 4w3 and definitely not soc blind, but I'm really not getting much from this. Lots of this generally sound Ne-esque again, I guess I'll ask some questions.

Q2) Can you elaborate on your inner emotionality if possible? You don't have to be super detailic if that's problematic.
Q3) What are you willing to give up to reach your goals or your ideals (including your ideal self if you have one)?
Q4) If you didn't answer this in 2, how do you deal with emotions generally and how would you gauge your awareness of them? At your worst (and outside of depression if possible) are you excessively resistant to your emotions and desires or overly yielding to them?

Brings me to 9 and 8. Well, one the one hand I'm very chill usually not aggressive really(I keep hearing everyone say 9 as super slow to anger till they finally erupt, even with 9w8 they avoid and suppress anger). But on the other hand I'm very familiar with my anger and it's natural for me, I detest having to suppress it a bunch. It's a natural thing that we all have and we must accept it, just learn to not let it get out of hand. And some things aren't worth getting angry over. And I'm not easily offended at all. But I have been possessive of those dear to me, and occasionally have been controlling in subtle ways(unhealthier), but overall when healthier I'm pretty much chill and friendly and anyone pretty much thinks I'm really nice and funny in a ironic witty way. I have a very strong sense of Justice in the few values I possess. (outside of that i don't have a clear set of values, honestly) I can't watch murder mysteries because of the murderers killing for such stupid reasons and it angers me. I hate that stuff like that can exist in the world, and really I'd rather just avoid and never watch it. So I don't. Therefore I don't have to feel anything about it. But at the same time I'm a go with the flow person and let others lead if they're competent in that area and I'm not, or I'm just in my head spaced out and not really there. I'm not the type to smash through and lead on, not a blunt leader, rather I'd be the one to influence others less directly. If I'm a leader I want it to be of Ideas and having others help manifest them, and teach philosophically and psychologically what I know. If I'm yelled at and argued with though, I'm likely to yell back out of self defense because I don't want to take any shit. I grew up getting yelled at by my grandmother(unhealthy ISFJ?) who raised me, and then my dad(ESTJ 836) later on, so I got use to bickering for stupid reasons. I'll also debate something even when it's becoming an argument because the other person is butthurt, to me the TRUTH is more important than the peace. And I'm not doing it out of anger so much as trying to make them understand that whatever they're so personally offended about it ridiculous. I value peace a lot too because it's stressful and I don't get energized from fighting, it stresses me out, but I'm very defensive of my territory. I use to have serious anger issues when I was a little kid, but nowadays I've learned to conceal it for the most part, I only show it in my voice and eyes if anything now. It's gotten to the point that I don't let myself show it around anyone really unless I'm by myself. Unless the other is yelling then because I hate it when people yell. I think arguments and debates should all be handled with rationality not...intimidation. Intimidation seems more primitive. Whatever I developed was to survive. Outside of that though, I'm just chill, sarcastic, poised, and as everyone says in daily life, "nice" despite the fact I'm a smart alec and can get randomly distant with people. Off and on type person.
Interesting, some of this sounds superego-ish in motivation if I'm reading right (126). Could also be competency to some degree, since there is a focus on being "rational" and a subtle judgement towards those lacking control... Nonetheless, some of the stuff I bolded kind of pushes for "not 8," although maybe it's plausible since you seem like you might be gut last. This in general sounds like it could be 9w8, perhaps with expansive influence, which sort of pushes towards 7 influence.

Q5) Outside of the heavy value orientation, what made you rule out 1 just out of curiosity (9 seems to work but I thought I'd ask anyways)?

I act pretty positive in person, always trying to make a situation lighter, making light of serious things to cope.
It's worth noting that this is a really common positive outlook defense mechanism.

If I read enneagram tritype definitions 359 and 478 fit me a lot.
Tritype descriptions are trash but that's still a big gap.

Q6) What about these types in general seem to stick out to you as "you?"

Sx:

I'm intense, on or off again, need my stimulation, romance or other things. Intense eyes. Intense interests. Fascinations. I'm all in or not at all. Sometimes back and forth like a yo-yo.

Sp:

I've built a wall of protection for myself following trauma. I use to just dive in but now I can't. Been a problem in relationships. My, uh, "fortress" as they call it.

So:

The views of society and becoming something means a lot to me. The way I speak and act can be calculated. My image matters. But that can also blur with 4 and 3. I wanna do something big, maybe if I can't change the world, I can at least cause positive impacts on many people's lives. I love revolutionary characters. Pain in Naruto, V from V for vendette, Ect. Viva la revolution~
Not soc blind probably, but also I'm not getting much like this. There's definitely an outwards focus of sorts, too much for a soc blind I think. Right now my guess-timate is so/sp or so/sx, but that probably doesn't mean much until I know your core type.

Edit: I just read your profile, didn't notice you were currently typed as sx/sp... If I'm way off on some of my explanations/generalizations, please let me know.

Q7) How do you relate to the core motivations of types 7, 3, 4, and 9? You can add 5 if you still think it's a possibility not worth ruling out for core.
Q8) Describe your relationship to enneagram 6.
Q9) Are you familiar with object relations/harmonics of the enneagram? This is really breif if you're not: Enneagram Harmonics . Does anything here stand out that's worth noting? I'm fairly certain that you have some positive outlook and possibly competency/withdrawn influence, but pegging down where is somewhat challenging.

I apologize, I asked a lot of questions. If you can't answer them all in super explicit detail, that's understandable and also I don't expect that lol.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an INTP and my sister is a very classic ENTP, so sometimes I notice differences between us that seem like type differences.

For example, one thing that I do (that annoys me sometimes and I hope it doesn't annoy others) is that I'll state random facts or start talking about things that I've read. But it's not just a small quirk, I do it ALL THE TIME. And like... my sister is able to communicate without doing this. So I can only guess that that's because Ti isn't such a defining feature for her. You mentioned that you share information you learn freely, which is sort of what I do.

One thing my sister does that is a stereotypical ENTP thing is that she loves pranks. And she has that characteristic cheeky smile that you'll see on many ENTP faces. And she can lie... like, really, she can lie, lie, lie. Just for the heck of it. Best and most pathological liar that I know. This could just be unique to her but I see a disturbing amount of ENTPs discussing this ability, lol. When you say you 'play with the social atmosphere a bit too much as people's minds and reactions fascinate me', that definitely sounds like an ENTP thing.

Also her Fe is a bit more prominent than mine, to the point where I think it's a bit of a disadvantage for her. She hurts herself by caring so much about other people. (Which sounds hugely contradictory to the previous point and I can't explain it either...) I think in ENTPs Fe probably manifests a bit earlier and in different ways to an INTP.

The difficulty with figuring out whether your Ne is dom or aux is that Ne is such a huge deal for both types. I easily love Ne the best even though my dominant is Ti. I think your Ne and Ti are probably pretty balanced, but I would guess that you're most likely an ENTP who happens to have strong Ti.

Isn't Ne about being more open with information or thoughts? I mean, I've heard of INTP's being more private and hard to know. And I also knew an INTP who had his own theories but didn't share them. What's the point of having theories in your head if you never share them? Ideas should be made manifest in some way

I've been noted on my smirk many times though. Lol. Mischevious. And I've played jokes on my grandmother when I was young, like poking her in the back at the store and turning opposite directions from where she was looking, as well as sneaking around the house when I wasn't suppose to be awake. But I don't do much actual pranks. Like I'm nervous I'll cause conflict.

As for lying, I don't like to do that because I'll have to keep track of all the lies and I have bad memory so that'd be disadvantageous to me. But I will withhold information whenever convenient or say things in ways to elicit the response I want. I find ways around it. And an "issue" about me is that I have been manipulative before. Nor seeing anything wrong with it if it doesn't hurt anyone. But I have gotten too close to people and been hurt before plenty of times so it's smarter. And I want to become a gamer entertainer I believe Fe reasons, to entertain them and be theatrical. To have a reactive feedback audience.

Caring is a disadvantage, and well, more so my openness and sometimes caring has screwed me over I'll admit. ENTP with strong Ti has always been my guess. At least in the last couple years.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Q7) How do you relate to the core motivations of types 7, 3, 4, and 9? You can add 5 if you still think it's a possibility not worth ruling out for core.

7 is to avoid pain and negativity. I do that naturally, to counter pain i use funny videos and things, or chatting, or always trying to lighten the mood when something is too heavy. making jokes at inappropriate times. but I can also be quite drawn to pain or emotion at times, like a 4, sometimes 5 because of the dark and morbid stuff I can be at times totally into.(confusing thing is I can be positive and "high" one minute brainstorming an idea with someone, but then end up having a serious even heavy topic discussion right after and get a little dark and deep) 9 wants to keep the peace and well I do too, but it's not more important than the truth still. But i'll avoid conflict if I can, if I can't then I'll tackle it head on, though. I just focus a lot on how others are feeling. I say things a certain way to smooth over because can just be super blunt to the point it's rude and I avoid that because I dislike having enemies. Doesn't stop me from trolling, but I only go so far and even protect someone from another troll if the victim is clueless and passive about it. Poor guy. lol. 3 because I am what I do, my achievements are HUGE to me. Without them I feel like I'm nothing often. When I achieve I am creating and to create means I'm manifest and to manifest means I am effecting things, and in effecting things I have a expansive purpose.

Q8) Describe your relationship to enneagram 6.

I'm not a super anxious person. I am at moments randomly. But not normally. Normally I'm very chill and careless seeming. There was storm going around when we had trees around our house that looked like they could fall, and I just chilled and decided not to worry about it because it makes no difference. What happens, happens, and I knew we'd be fine anyway. My dad who is a 6 was all anxious. I don't feel paranoia is a big thing about me really, on the contrary I've only developed trust issues because I use to be naive and got my trust betrayed a lot. .... then again. I do have an a bit of an anxiety disorder and don't handle stress well, only under certain triggers. I avoid what stresses me if I can. I'm getting too bogged down in the details, really. I am pretty security oriented, though. Might be related to the 5ishness or maybe 6.

Q9) Are you familiar with object relations/harmonics of the enneagram? This is really breif if you're not: Enneagram Harmonics . Does anything here stand out that's worth noting? I'm fairly certain that you have some positive outlook and possibly competency/withdrawn influence, but pegging down where is somewhat challenging.

Nope. Guess I got some reading to do.

Q5) Outside of the heavy value orientation, what made you rule out 1 just out of curiosity (9 seems to work but I thought I'd ask anyways)?

Rawr. Murderers should all be executed because they're immoral. Sure, heavy values, but also they waste space. Better for functionality. Why waste resources on the irredeemable. As for ruling it out well, it's also pragmatism not just "moral" and in general I focus little on morality. Or is that ANYONE else's morality? Hmm. ;) In any case, I have few morals. But the few I have are strong yes, but outside of that I don't really know what morality is. And i focus on what's pragmatic not being "morally just and right" which can get in the way of just being pragmatic. And the focus on perfection? I know I'm not perfect, and that's life. Like in marvel and dc comics I dislike the superhero's because they often refuse to kill anyone even when they're terrible and just leave it up to the justice system because of "right" and "wrong" bs, and I like the antihero's because they say F that and just get rid of those bad people. And some might think of that as "wrong" but I look at it as justice, but a very effective and rational justice. But maybe it is 1 still, who knows.

Q2) Can you elaborate on your inner emotionality if possible? You don't have to be super detailic if that's problematic.

My... inner emotionality? I'm... not sure how to. Just because I feel something doesn't mean I understand it.

Q3) What are you willing to give up to reach your goals or your ideals (including your ideal self if you have one)?

I'm not willing to give up my identity and passion. However, I'm willing to blend in and play the game to where it might seem somewhat inauthentic. Whatever is useful. I don't have much moral values so there's not a lot of that to give away. Since I don't fully even know what those are. But I've felt it in very specific things at times. I think it might be kinda Fi blind spot for me as an entp. If those blind spots are even true, anyway.

Q4) If you didn't answer this in 2, how do you deal with emotions generally and how would you gauge your awareness of them? At your worst (and outside of depression if possible) are you excessively resistant to your emotions and desires or overly yielding to them?

In stress I get pretty angry. In hurt and pain I get angry. My go-to pain response if first anger, then sadness. But anger needs to run it's course. Anger at someone. Anger at self. And since it always goes bad to express anger, it's better and more unpleasant to just shove it inside and rip myself apart that way. Sounds healthy, doesn't it? OR I just distract myself and ignore it, move on quick, watching funny videos again, working on video projects or other projects, gaming, or talking out my issues with the very few I trust. I'd say that's fairly normal.

Q6) What about these types in general seem to stick out to you as "you?"

Type 4 - Identity, Type 4w3 - Ambitious persona, I do feel special but at least i'm honest about it, i always feel like an outsider in some way, including on this forum
3w4 same but a little more achievement focused, adaptable, chameleon'like
5w4 = the morbid darkness, the fascination with it, and the strange emotionality it also can possess, it's so fascinating, and the symbolic meanings some stuff can have and the immersion
unless that's just fourish melancholy
7w6 - fairly playful talking style, adaptable and quick on feet
8w9 = more aggressive sense of justice, protective, more familiar with anger but goal is still peace related, can be aggressive yet quite known as calm
9w8 =peaceful but aggressive when someone steps on their turf, defensive anger, yup, but moves on from anger really quick to a neutral peaceful state again, can numb out (I've numbed out to cope alot but i've also wondered at times if that was 3 disintegration to 9 because it's often from life at the time feeling pointless)

5 in general is the fear of interacting with the external world for being unprepared. Thus won't go out into it unless prepared. Story of my life. I've avoided a lot of things feeling unprepared. Sadly. Lots of missed chances.

^I'm overthinking right now.:coffee:

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
Isn't Ne about being more open with information or thoughts? I mean, I've heard of INTP's being more private and hard to know. And I also knew an INTP who had his own theories but didn't share them. What's the point of having theories in your head if you never share them? Ideas should be made manifest in some way.

Ah, I guess Ne is different for you than for me because it's your dominant function. I'm curious now :eek: how else does Ne manifest for you?
For me it's more like connecting random patterns and ideas, which I've always been good at, and entertaining myself with like, one-person inside jokes. I also like using it to entertain other people but entertaining myself comes first. And being unable to limit myself to less than five hobbies at once because everything is interesting. And yeah, using it for theories and in my writing and art and things like that. I also enjoy like... this will sound weird but when you notice how different things connect with each other and you can sort of zoom out on reality and see the everything-ness of everything... I thought that was mostly a Ne thing but maybe it's more fuelled by Ti than I thought.

What's the point of having theories in your head if you never share them?

Most of my theories are to help me navigate life and figure things out for myself. I share a fair bit of them, but usually only with people that I'm really close to. (Or otherwise I work them into my stories in some way.) So I guess because I apply them in my personal life and things that matter to me, I do see them as being made manifest.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah, I guess Ne is different for you than for me because it's your dominant function. I'm curious now :eek: how else does Ne manifest for you?
For me it's more like connecting random patterns and ideas, which I've always been good at, and entertaining myself with like, one-person inside jokes. I also like using it to entertain other people but entertaining myself comes first. And being unable to limit myself to less than five hobbies at once because everything is interesting. And yeah, using it for theories and in my writing and art and things like that. I also enjoy like... this will sound weird but when you notice how different things connect with each other and you can sort of zoom out on reality and see the everything-ness of everything... I thought that was mostly a Ne thing but maybe it's more fuelled by Ti than I thought.

Most of my theories are to help me navigate life and figure things out for myself. I share a fair bit of them, but usually only with people that I'm really close to. (Or otherwise I work them into my stories in some way.) So I guess because I apply them in my personal life and things that matter to me, I do see them as being made manifest.

What you described is the same as how I experience Ne connecting the dots. I connect the dots and zoom out, to see some big picture forming. Most definitely. Like those 'Aha' moments, of which I have certainly had. Very intuition based.

You basically described the same thing I experience so I'm not totally sure. I mean we both have Ne, but I end up trying to get it out into the world in a more wider known way I guess. I have some stuff I've studied mostly alone, though.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
What you described is the same as how I experience Ne connecting the dots. I connect the dots and zoom out, to see some big picture forming. Most definitely. Like those 'Aha' moments, of which I have certainly had. Very intuition based.

You basically described the same thing I experience so I'm not totally sure. I mean we both have Ne, but I end up trying to get it out into the world in a more wider known way I guess. I have some stuff I've studied mostly alone, though.

YAY someone gets it :D

I guess the main difference is the introversion vs extroversion thing then.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
YAY someone gets it :D I guess the main difference is the introversion vs extroversion thing then.
How would you describe the introversion and extroversion thing, exactly?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you do seem fairly Ne in this post and in others that I've seen as well, and I could easily see you as an N dom.

When it comes to enneagram, it sounds like you relate to 5 for reasons, that might not be type related such as depression. I suppose that is also the reason, why you might feel close to enneagram type 4. You don't seem introverted and hyper focused enough to be a 5, yet you don't seem energetic enough to be a 7. I'd suggest looking into 6, 6s often mistype as 4s when unhealthy and can be very much into learning and knowledge just like 5s.

I don't know you enough to finalize your typing, but for now, I'd say you look like an ENTP 6w7 so/sx, probably 639 or 649 tritype.

As for socionics, I'd suggest more on depth study, you sound like an ILE (ENTp) to me there as well.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you do seem fairly Ne in this post and in others that I've seen as well, and I could easily see you as an N dom.

When it comes to enneagram, it sounds like you relate to 5 for reasons, that might not be type related such as depression. I suppose that is also the reason, why you might feel close to enneagram type 4. You don't seem introverted and hyper focused enough to be a 5, yet you don't seem energetic enough to be a 7. I'd suggest looking into 6, 6s often mistype as 4s when unhealthy and can be very much into learning and knowledge just like 5s.

I don't know you enough to finalize your typing, but for now, I'd say you look like an ENTP 6w7 so/sx, probably 639 or 649 tritype.

As for socionics, I'd suggest more on depth study, you sound like an ILE (ENTp) to me there as well.

Then there becomes this:

How does one distinguish the depression from the 5? Also I have more than one disorder so that can blur things. Idk what is the disorder and what is the enneagram or if it's the same but made more prominent with the negative side effects.

Also what does a 5 entp look like? some seem to question it because entp's don't hyper focus and introspect as much as a 5 might. Which I do. I've thought about who I am and my type and the many odd contradictions I seem to have time and again. In contrast, what would a 6 entp look like? I've been to a councilor as well mainly to figure myself out

The problem with 6 is the loyalty, commitment, responsibility, and practicality it seems they have. I actually lack that. Severely. I'm always hesitant to commitment, like in relationships I'd be sucked in by the intensity if I was in love, but I would never give myself up to them fully. I just couldn't. And it caused a lot of problems. Push-Pull confusion. Like I always keep people at some distance. Even if I find the intensity so addicting. And with intensity, one-on-one bonds to me get pretty intense, and that's why I believe I'm probably more sx/so, why I've thought sx/sp before. I more prefer small group or one on one rather than large crowds, because I prefer the depth. That's a large part of how I haven't been able to connect to most anyone worth crap. Because a lot of times they just aren't deep enough, don't care, or squirrel away from my intensity and the deep subjects I'll bring up not everyone likes talking about. So I've just become use to distance.

Starting to think 359 again though. maybe 359 sx/so(because the tritype description makes me uncomfortable and resonates and points to a core problem I have had: "your blind spot is that you can be so reserved that your true nature remains hidden and underexpressed which can cause you to appear aloof and indifferent. to feel in control, you may use withholding as punishment(i had to look it up but yeah, stonewalling I've done before and never noticed it was an issue"), but I'll consider 369 sx/so

Also sx dom I've heard alot of having intense eyes, energy, and such. I have been told that I have intense energy, as well as intense eyes, eagle eyes. And regardless of how typing by visual can be scoffed at by most, I don't care. I consider it possible that there's at least something to it.

I've just realized how concealed I am. I'm too calculated in the way I act and speak to be a core 4 I think, I can be so pragmatic about people. Mainly because I have to know I can safely let down my guard to not have to polish myself and play the game. And my response to what I perceive as bad in me is Shame I've realized. My damn image. This whole talking about myself has been difficult. Even if I say alot... because I'm trying to understand myself so much and overthinking it.

Honestly! Here's the thing. If I'm not even healthy though I'm not sure if that's even type-able. Really. How do I know unless I'm out and about and fully experience myself? I don't. So really I won't know until I'm in a better mental and emotional state.

At least it's been narrowed down, and I appreciate that.

And yes, I got ENTp on socionics

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was planning to ask if you would consider any types other than head core and then I saw that you currently have yourself listed as 9w8 sx/so. I just wanted to note that I could definitely see that. It seems very likely you are a positive outlook core and, since your q was kind of looking as though it could be potentially sp blind or rounded in terms of IV, I think a withdrawn type might work well.

Also sorry for the super long reply hehehe...

Last edited:

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
50/50 is me in a nutshell, I'm an extrovert in ideas, but an introvert in terms of being easily overwhelmed by too much stimulation (HSP - hypersensitive person) It's tedious

Yeah, the two seem confused together alot. Enneagram and specific functions it sounds alot like. Which I get it, I've theorized I might have a bit of stronger Te than normal entp because of my ambitiousness and pragmatism.

Ne dom 5's. Yes, contradictnig. It sounds unlikely, but theoretically there's no way it's impossible. Given the sheer amount of humans and personalities that exist there's millions of potential combinations. I've been somewhat specific in interests, but also wanting to branch out a bit. *shrugs* I'll just list them off
-Art, Drawing, Writing, Modding, Music/singing, Gaming/game related content, and then of course messing with people. Alot of it is interconnected in my mind though, as I'm just an artist. Perhaps it is also tools that add to my image. But I have no interest in politics or anything whatsoever outside of that. Except sometimes philosophy and conspiracy stuff for fun because it entertains my Ne-Ti.
-But I'm a cautious person so my trolling is more subtle and i only go so far to not cause any serious shit. Plus I tend to be fairly caring actually. How I say things is important.
In any case I've seen examples of a five ENTP before.

The ENTP In The Enneagram — Personality Type and Personal Growth | Personality Hacker

Yeah. I think I'm more 9 than 7. I'm just not energetic enough, I'm more slothful if anything. When I'm not in my ambitious mode anyway where I tend to overwork on my projects at the expense of my health and sleep. Which I need to stop doing. Cuz I'm impatient and also I just really get focused on it. I've been focused where others have said stuff and I didn't notice cuz I was too singular focused. Which is funny because otherwise I'm far more distractable outside of my goal type or deep thinking moments. I've appeared INTP before and an ENTP with 5 in his tritype would from what I've heard come off that way. In fact I use to be typed that, and I just molded into that image intentionally even if it didn't explain everything.

I've considered sx/so yes. In fact, that revolutionary idea image fits me alot in how I tend to think and see things and what my focus is and my favorite characters tend to be that. I sorta romantize the concept. My theory use to be I was sp also becasue of my isolationist tendencies, but at the same time if I'm sp blind then it's likely a 5 influence afterall. I know people find 5w4 hard to fit with ENTP but it simply isn't impossible. Therefore it's possible. Plus with sp blind I'm terrible with financial things and hate those responsibilities.

Yeah, not excessively peace seeking but it's still my general goal. But if I'm totally sick of someone's crap or someone has an issue and refuses to tell me I'll press for it to fix the issue. So I appreciate bluntness and straightfowardness to get it over with, unless it sounds rude of course.

Yeah, seems So is right. But So with a withdrawn enneagram influence. That makes alot of sense as to how contradicting I tend to feel. I really want to become a figure and become known for something, but at the same time i'm terrible with social networking and keeping track of alot of people. Also having a tendency to withdraw and be very cautious about exposure in the first place. Always keeping some distance, except with a select few people or sometimes just one person I can be too intense and be deep with. Works well I guess whne you got a girlfriend and you almost only focus on her, occasional one other person maybe. But there comes a point where I may detach and switch focus onto someone else and forget the earlier person entirely. Drop of a hat. Which ain't the best.

I am achievement seeking. I also want to be unique and express that. But above all if I'm not actually recognized for it what's the point. Lending to So. I've been depressed largely from persuits I have not working out how I want it to. Going from working my butt off on projects to 9ish slothfulness and numbing out over it not working as well as I wanted and feeling it's pointless. Because wasting effort is the worst thing. Yep. Recognition. Often felt unrecognized by my ESTJ 836 father who had narcissistic tendencies.
Yep. Sx/So. I find the gut is often weirdly accurate.

Morbidness. Well, I use to make dark tunes on the piano, and also made my own creepypasta. And I dress kinda gothic. Lots of black, sometimes light makeup, ect. Also like feeling concealed but at the same time a bit show offy looking more dressed up than others. Mix of casual and proper.

I agree. Seems my original gut was correct. I have a gut feeling that I'm 359 sx (in whatever order) because it just feels right. And explains alot of my behaviours and motivations.. so ENTP "thinker" sx/so. Also I had a thoery that 3w4 and 5w4 seem to emulate a core 4 and can confuse others. Makes alot more sense this way. But yeah, not my main type it seems possibly. I guess it makes my main type 9w8 or 3w4? Mainly cuz I'm either slothful lazy alot it seems but in the mode I'm pretty ambitious and workaholic and kinda go back and forth between the two influences, while also being very detached.

WHich brings me to six. Six has issues with anxiety right? I do sometimes, but in general No. In general I'm detached. How I deal with issues is either I get mad, or I detach from it. Usually one or the other, occasionally both. I've been known to be mad one minute, then suddenly back to a peaceful "whatever" state and not care anymore. In general I don't feel much emotional at all, I have a lot of flatness, but I don't lack empathy. In an Fe manner I can still be caring. But appear otherwise disconnected. People have noted that about me "I've known for ____ long and I feel like I barely know you" :coffee:

Yeah one morality I understand to a degree as the few morals I have they're strong, but in general I'd probably be considered lacking in morality as pragmatism overrides it usually. If I'm ever moral it's more in a justice "someone was treated unfairly how dare they" kinda way. Which I've heard to be 8ish.

Yeah I don't think about helping others much to be a 3w2 so I'm pretty sure that discounts it.

The anger is super 9? I always heard anger being so repressed and ignored it seems. But I've read in 9w8 when really unhealthy they're actually pretty impulsive in temper, at least with sx dom. But in general if they're angry it's defending their territory/disrupting the peace to slam the threat down and return to peace again. Peace being the goal still. Which yes, it always is. Shame is a major focus too. When I fail at something or look bad I tend to feel alot of shame. It bothers me. I gotta look good. Very 3. I don't mind losing a bit, and even hold back if I'm way better than someone at a game to make them happy, but if I'm sucky at something compared to someone else it can really upset me and get me very competitive. And I end up wanting to prove I can do it. So they will not humiliate me I guess.:duel: As for fear, well that's the core of my not going out into the world alot. Really fear, shame, and anger play a bit part in me.

Yeah I've comtemplated triple withdrawn but I don't think so. 9w8 5w4 3w4 sx/so like you said. My gut feeling alligns with that if I follow it. I think we figured it out.;)

I think I just wanted to be 478 sx/sp before because it's so powerful and forward in a way I'm not. I'm still powerful in a tenacious manner but I'm more of a sneaky observant sort than being as obvious a force. I want to send a message like it too, but I'm not as blunt about it all.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gonna do these comparisons for fun. Just showing things that really stuck out to me.

Edit: this too, forgot

Last edited: