• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jumping stacks?

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ok, so, apparently, I use my cognitive functions this way:

Fe>Ti=Ne=Ni>Fi>Te=Se>Si .

I always test ENFJ or INFJ. This stack, the way it is, is closer to INFJ, which is Ni Fe Ti Se Ne Fi Te.

Now I am starting to understand why people say they have "jumped stacks". Besides, how confusing is this? I feel like I don't use that strong a Fe- like my Fe and Fi are kind of evened out....however, Fe WILL win at the end of the day, unless it disrupts one of my core values (safety and well being of others). Also, Ti is so up high, why? i am not THAT logical, though the world seems to make sense to me in a different way that it makes sense to others.....
Ah, I don't know. I'm just assuming i'm INFJ, for the time being.

Anyone a bit "stuck", too???

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I've taken the test posted by highlander here, I've gotten Fi > Ne > Fe > Si > Se > Ni > Te = Ti
And Fi > Si > Fe = Ne > Se > Ti > Te = Ni
It seems the results of that test often come out that way, with clumps of a function being higher (for me F).

Where/ how did you determine your stacking?

Also... keep in mind that this is based on your cognitive preferences, not how good you are. So, for example, I get a lower score in Ti though I am not bad at logic... I got a very high score on the logic portion when I took the GRE, but it's not the way I generally prefer to interact with the world/I consider values first in the real world since situations are rarely so black and white.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Typically, I score Ne > Te > Ni = Ti > Si > Fi > Se (give or take, this is mostly me averaging how I typically score) This virtually contradicts my INTP typing, as if you ignore the Ne, it's a bit closer aligned with an xNTJ type

Franky, cognitive function tests aren't worth your time. Tests such as these (as well as other mbti tests, even the ones that are purely dichotomy based) are mostly used for people in the beginning stages of figuring out their types (ie. it narrows down the range of types you have to look into). The biggest issues with cognitive function tests as a whole is that they focus a lot on "behavior" and what you value rather than the way you think, what you are motivated by, and adjust to the surrounding world, which is what the cognitive function theory attempts to explain. Not to mention that cognitive function tests as a whole have very generalized questions based heavily upon stereotype rather than how theory manifests in reality.

In this case, perhaps you aren't so much "logical" but you value the sort of behaviors or mindset that is aligned with stereotypical Ti if you think that, realistically, Ti wouldn't be high in your stack. In my case, I really value the traits and behaviors associated with Te and have even adjusted myself to "emulate them" unconsciously at a very superficial level, enough that I score very high on it since the test is "behavioral" and "value" based. To clarify, I'm not emulating Te, but rather traits that I value or desire in myself (and have since before I started the mbti) align with Te. Nonetheless, there's no chance in hell I'm a high Te user, at least from the perspective of the cognitive function theory.

Nonetheless, if you believe you are either an ENFJ or INFJ, the best thing for you to do is to study the functions as a whole and how they work in varying positions with one another (through reading or videos or whatever works for you), and perhaps even look into the dichotomy differences between the E and I facets (looking into mbti step 2 might help for example).

It's also worth noting that enneagram 2s (since I notice you're typed as such) will often score very highly on Fe (even if they don't even use it), because the superficial behaviors and values of ennea 2 and Fe align strongly, so it's worth taking that into account.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Great answer, guys, thank you!