• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help would be much appreciated!

brend168

Hello! I have been studying mbti for two years now, and I still cannot seem to figure out my type. I am mostly stuck between INFX or ISXJ. I know it seems weird because they are so similar, but let me explain my case throughout the remaining paragraphs. To begin with, I would just like to say that for the most part I identify as INFJ. The reason for this is that I get all of my energy from being in my head. No matter where I am, I am constantly in my head. I love to form ONE daydream, and focus on it. I further develop that daydream. I do not like to branch out into multiple different daydreams, that is just not me. It always involves the same people or the same things. It usually involves me wanting to feel a certain way and really be admired by people. (Possible Fe?) I would also like to point out that all of my daydreams come from movies or music. I like to create my own version of me experiencing things that people do in movies in an almost abstract way. Watching sensory experiences and character personalities just really makes me feel a certain way. There is something about outward emotion between characters and character traits that I just really resonate with. I wish I could experience those things and just really live that reality. Thus, I create my own inner abstract world of being noticed by others or having emotional connections with them. Along with this, when it comes to being inside my head I tend to overthink everything and worry. I particularly worry about my future and try to prepare for it as much as possible. Sometimes I think I realize things before they actually happen. I like to absorb as much information as I can about things that I am interested in for the future and try to make myself feel comfortable. I feel like a sponge honestly. But a sponge that worries. I doubt myself way too much and get nervous about goals I have. I get very passionate about goals I form for the future and start to worry about the process and think way ahead of what I should be doing. My parents have described me as worrying too much, thinking too much, and being completely in my head. Thinking or developing my daydream of others noticing me is really what I get my energy from. However, I also worry way too much about future processes than I should. I have some social anxiety but I will touch up on that later on. When it comes to who I am outside my mind, I almost feel like a goody goody. I do very well in school and always act polite and kind in public. I am very shy and worry too much about what others think and overanalyze what they do, but at the same time how I am in public is what really makes me think I am not Fi. I feel like I do not have a moral code or that I am not always true to myself. I act according to those who are around me. My dad has always described me as a chameleon. I act polite as possible and sometimes even overly nice. I have always been extremely concerned with acting as I should in public and being perceived this way. I want people to really notice me. Yet at the same time, I am extremely quiet and shy. Like I want badly to form connections (part of the reason I take many selfies for snapchat and am on social media) but around others I just overthink and feel shy. I worry way too much about others approval and need their validation and opinions. (Does not seem Fi to me.) Overall, I would say to sum in up that I am very quiet in public. I am either overthinking or completely reflecting and watching people. I absolutely love (as bad as this is going to sound) listening in on others convos. However, like I said, it is ironic because acting as I should in public has always been important to me. I wish I was not SOOO quiet but I cannot help it. One thing that I have heard from those who get to know me, as that I do not get offended easily, and that I am great with advice. I am told by almost every person I meet that I am good with helping them with problems and an absolutely great listener. I have actually started making youtube videos about life topics and love to discuss the meaning of life especially regarding relationships and other issues. Many people who know me come to me for advice. Summing this section up, I guess I would say socially I am extremely quiet (more observing rather than approaching) but also polite when approached and great with advice. Moving on, when it comes to school and life choices I tend to do very well. I am very strict about making sure that I am applying to strict universities and thus, I get all my work done. I have found that I am very goof with memorization because I absorb information like a sponge, however, I hate topics like physics and calc, where it is this higher up abstract math. So far, anatomy has been my best class (Idk if that helps with typing at all?!?!) Anyways, moving on from school...one thing I really wanted to focus on was Se vs Si. I do have a great memory, however, I HATE thinking about who I used to be and past memories. It gives me anxiety and I just like to focus on the vision of who I am now and who I want to be. Memorization comes easy to me and I like routine, but things like cleaning and organizing can become boring to me. I prefer internal systematic organizing like mbti and sorting. However, I am a sucker for planning and mapping things out. My calendar is completely filled out with lots of information. When it comes to Se I feel I do not live in the moment. Like I want to! I want more than anything to meet people and experience things, but I am in my head too much. Also when I was younger I took part in some Se things that caused me to not want to do them anymore. Part of it is also not wanting to disappoint my parents. Although I feel I am far from Se, it also comes out sometimes. Like on vacation I tend to just go off from my family and just go off and explore the scenery or place we are in. I am also hyper aware of other sometimes. To conclude, I realize this is a lot and you never truly know someone just from an online description, but I would love some feedback of what type(s) or cognitive functions you think I could represent? Feel free to comment below and I will be free to respond!

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I got the impression of ENTJ.

Reading all that spun me out a bit so I'll come back later to explain why or perhaps change the typing.

Tater

Holy shit. Please learn to segment your thoughts out in writing.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Ok yeah you seem to be an ENTJ but you spent the whole middle third of that post talking about how Fe you are. Whaaa? :huh:

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Holy shit. Please learn to segment your thoughts out in writing.

seconding this...
Te demands the sacrificial blood of bullet points and paragraphs and so much more...

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Hello! I have been studying mbti for two years now, and I still cannot seem to figure out my type. I am mostly stuck between INFX or ISXJ. I know it seems weird because they are so similar, but let me explain my case throughout the remaining paragraphs.

This immediately gave me a Te impression. Sort of... outlining the case.

To begin with, I would just like to say that for the most part I identify as INFJ. The reason for this is that I get all of my energy from being in my head. No matter where I am, I am constantly in my head. I love to form ONE daydream, and focus on it. I further develop that daydream. I do not like to branch out into multiple different daydreams, that is just not me.

It always involves the same people or the same things. It usually involves me wanting to feel a certain way and really be admired by people. (Possible Fe?) I would also like to point out that all of my daydreams come from movies or music. I like to create my own version of me experiencing things that people do in movies in an almost abstract way.

Watching sensory experiences and character personalities just really makes me feel a certain way. There is something about outward emotion between characters and character traits that I just really resonate with. I wish I could experience those things and just really live that reality. Thus, I create my own inner abstract world of being noticed by others or having emotional connections with them.
Ni, Se, and Fi. These all seem to go together as a "daydream" thing. Possible separation from Te.

Along with this, when it comes to being inside my head I tend to overthink everything and worry. I particularly worry about my future and try to prepare for it as much as possible.

Ti (the shortest section I think).

Sometimes I think I realize things before they actually happen. I like to absorb as much information as I can about things that I am interested in for the future and try to make myself feel comfortable. I feel like a sponge honestly. But a sponge that worries. I doubt myself way too much and get nervous about goals I have. I get very passionate about goals I form for the future and start to worry about the process and think way ahead of what I should be doing.
Ne
My parents have described me as worrying too much, thinking too much, and being completely in my head. Thinking or developing my daydream of others noticing me is really what I get my energy from. However, I also worry way too much about future processes than I should. I have some social anxiety but I will touch up on that later on.
Si
When it comes to who I am outside my mind, I almost feel like a goody goody. I do very well in school and always act polite and kind in public. I am very shy and worry too much about what others think and overanalyze what they do, but at the same time how I am in public is what really makes me think I am not Fi. I feel like I do not have a moral code or that I am not always true to myself. I act according to those who are around me. My dad has always described me as a chameleon. I act polite as possible and sometimes even overly nice. I have always been extremely concerned with acting as I should in public and being perceived this way. I want people to really notice me. Yet at the same time, I am extremely quiet and shy. Like I want badly to form connections (part of the reason I take many selfies for snapchat and am on social media) but around others I just overthink and feel shy. I worry way too much about others approval and need their validation and opinions. (Does not seem Fi to me.)

Overall, I would say to sum in up that I am very quiet in public. I am either overthinking or completely reflecting and watching people. I absolutely love (as bad as this is going to sound) listening in on others convos. However, like I said, it is ironic because acting as I should in public has always been important to me. I wish I was not SOOO quiet but I cannot help it. One thing that I have heard from those who get to know me, as that I do not get offended easily, and that I am great with advice. I am told by almost every person I meet that I am good with helping them with problems and an absolutely great listener. I have actually started making youtube videos about life topics and love to discuss the meaning of life especially regarding relationships and other issues. Many people who know me come to me for advice.

Summing this section up, I guess I would say socially I am extremely quiet (more observing rather than approaching) but also polite when approached and great with advice.

This whole section seems like Fe. It's absurdly long compared to the other section. Something strange is going on.

Moving on, when it comes to school and life choices I tend to do very well. I am very strict about making sure that I am applying to strict universities and thus, I get all my work done. I have found that I am very goof with memorization because I absorb information like a sponge, however, I hate topics like physics and calc, where it is this higher up abstract math. So far, anatomy has been my best class (Idk if that helps with typing at all?!?!)

Te

Anyways, moving on from school...one thing I really wanted to focus on was Se vs Si. I do have a great memory, however, I HATE thinking about who I used to be and past memories. It gives me anxiety and I just like to focus on the vision of who I am now and who I want to be. Memorization comes easy to me and I like routine, but things like cleaning and organizing can become boring to me. I prefer internal systematic organizing like mbti and sorting. However, I am a sucker for planning and mapping things out. My calendar is completely filled out with lots of information.

A bit ambiguous but must be Ni, based on deduction.

When it comes to Se I feel I do not live in the moment. Like I want to! I want more than anything to meet people and experience things, but I am in my head too much. Also when I was younger I took part in some Se things that caused me to not want to do them anymore. Part of it is also not wanting to disappoint my parents. Although I feel I am far from Se, it also comes out sometimes. Like on vacation I tend to just go off from my family and just go off and explore the scenery or place we are in. I am also hyper aware of other sometimes.
Se

To conclude, I realize this is a lot and you never truly know someone just from an online description, but I would love some feedback of what type(s) or cognitive functions you think I could represent? Feel free to comment below and I will be free to respond!

Fi

That's how I would divide up your post.

Again, if my approach was valid, then it's really strange as to why there was such a focus on Fe.

Either I'm doing it wrong or... well, if I'm not doing it wrong, you either intentionally or unintentionally focus(ed) way too much on Fe. :huh:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
seconding this...
Te demands the sacrificial blood of bullet points and paragraphs and so much more...

haha...agreed. I actually did decide to read all of it as I was curious.

@OP From your self description I'll agree you're an I; if you're as in-your-head and virtually completely content to remain in your head creating daydreams and fantasies, being in your head ' too much', and naturally very quiet and non dominating and non assertive, you seem clearly I. Don't really see that as up for debate. Of the rest... I agree you seem overly concerned with Fe / prioritizing that, given preoccupation with doing the right thing, politeness, and whatnot. I'm also not seeing anything that strikes me as Fi. You seem overall to be focused on expectations and how others view you/prioritizing the others around you and what they want to see. But making videos on relationships and love and etc? Seems more F oriented to me. You definitely seem IxxJ to me, and I think FJ.

I think INFJ is definitely possible. I can see why you vacillate between INFx and ISxJ, though I think you can pretty safely scrap ISTJ. Imo INFJ, ISFJ, and INFP are the most likely ones, with IxFJ being the vibe I got from your post and what you wrote. Your words and descriptions mirror what is stereotypical of an N, but I don't personally know whether an ISFJ could think or daydream similarly, so I don't want to rule out ISFJ since I don't know what their internal world is like. I can't give you anything more precise than that, as I don't think I'm in a position to be able to. Just my opinion.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suspect the text was copied and pasted and the formatting disappeared. Brend, there's an edit button where you could go in and divide it into paragraphs.