• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It would be amazing if you could help me with my type...

NotYourParentsNerd

So, before starting my job as a certified fictional character classifier (with a specialization in anime characters) I wanted to discuss a little bit about my type, since I've been having doubts about it.

A little bit about myself:

What I DO know
  • There must be a Fi somewhere: I know for a fact that there must be a Fi in me (just like a friend!). I've been described as passional and intense. My usual approach to people's emotions always comes from my perspective. I'm unable to connect with someone's distress if I've never been through that, and I have no problems in making that statement. If someone has a problem I've never been through, I'll just say: "Well, I've never been through that, so I'm little help. I don't know what you're feeling." If I do know, though, I might be of some help. I do get furious quickly (something I want to improve) and resentment and cringeyness have been a part of my teenage years. Oh, and all of this has happened without a lot of people noticing. I don't like strangers knowing my emotions. So, for those who don't know me well, I'm just a funny person.
  • I'm not a Sensory type: I can't see myself in either sensory functions. Mostly because I've always been in my head. I like to think, the best Sunday for me is laying in my bed thinking or having friend to talk about said ideas that I had. As a child, imagination was what kept me alive, because I enjoyed it too much. Now, as an adult, it's the most important aspect in my life. Imagination is what set me apart from others, in my perspective. Imaginary worlds, imaginary friends... I have been through that.

What I'm struggling with
  • My humour is colorful: Laughing and making others laugh has been a characteristic of mine. I don't consider myself a good humor listener, because a lot of people lack humor in my perspective. But I'm great at making others laugh. My range goes from silly things to more complex and intricate humor. And I love all of that.
  • I love talking: Expressing my ideas is a characteristic of mine, and displaying my knowledge also brings me comfort.
  • I love writing EVEN MORE: Writing is an all-time favorite of mine. I've been writing most of my life, and won certain awards because of it. Whether it is fiction or an essay, writing has always been part of my life. I like to research a variety of topics and then applying it to my creations.
  • I always felt as an outcast: I never could explain why. Later in life, it came to me that maybe my imagination was responsible for this. Anyhow, I always felt that me and my peers where different. I always saw their dreams as not worth my attention or they lacked passion. I've met a handful of people whom I found interesting and the common characteristic is that they have passion for something. I like passionate people.
  • I learned how to draw because I noticed it made you more approachable to people: I took a book from the school library and taught myself how to draw. My goal was to be as liked as the girl who could draw, who was immensely well-liked. Later in life, I decided to use my drawing skills to nurture my imagination, although I never particularly enjoyed it.
  • I always wanted to be a polymath: I decided that I was going to be an intellectual when I was 7 years old. Throughout my life, I always attempted to learn things from a variety of topics. My goal for the day is to go to sleep with a new knowledge in my mind. My approach has always been to pick up a certain theme that would enable me to get to know a certain field of human knowledge. For example, I like history, so I picked up a certain period of time, in which the context also gives me a certain idea of how history works.
  • I'm curious: I loved videogames since I was a child. One day, I decided to make my own videogame. I was at school and I wasn't even learning any programming or graphic designing. It didn't matter. I taught myself how to use tools for those things, and eventually, I made my own videogame.
  • I'm clumsy: I have a tendency for forgetting things of everyday life and being unaware of my surroundings.
  • Professional troll here: I'm always extra-attentive to any opportunity to mess with people. I love it. I even picture certain situations in my head and, when I see the opportunity coming, I execute my masterplan.
  • "I know how it is when someone treats you badly. I went through that. I'm never going to act like that": I try to be kind and patient and figure out some people's problems. I've been told I'm a great listener. I usually don't care about others problems, but I'm happy to listen to them exposing their issues. I believe listening is great and people always have an answer for their distress inside of them, it's just that they need to think it aloud. After some discussion and some opinion of mine, my job is done. I NEVER give advice. I hate advices, unless I ask for it. So, in my own fashion, if you want advice you have to tell me. Otherwise, I will just listen to your rambling and try to give you my opinion on it. Without giving any advice.
  • I hate help: I can't stand people offering me their help. I can't stand someone watching what I do. Just don't put your nose in my business. Please.
  • I'm obsessive and aggressive: This has been something that I've been told at a psychology test.
  • I can do stupid things just for fun: Once in a while, I like to have a certain rush (doing something without safety measures, meeting complete strangers, entering closed places)
  • Sometimes I can lose it: I can act rather impulsively. Specially when I have bottled up a lot. This happens just once in a while. Last year, I just got really angry 4 times in the whole year. So, yeah. I'm even trying to improve that. So far, I always had as a rule that every emotion should get out from me in my bedroom, with no-one around.
  • I love solitary walks: I just like to lose my mind and to think while I'm walking and listening to music. My music has to go with my imagination. Sometimes I don't even like a certain song, but if it helps with the mood in my mind, I can dig it.
  • I like to laugh but apparently my stare can be intimidating
  • Whenever I'm joking, I can look you in your face. Whenever I'm explaining an idea, I start looking around, but never facing you
  • I'm into spiritual stuff, but not for spiritual meanings: For example, I'm reading about Buddhism. But not because I believe I can achieve enlightenment or anything. I just think the philosophy surrounding Buddhism can help me. The idea of embracing a philosophy in its entirety, accepting that it will rule my life is crazy to me.

So far, I always get INTJ in the tests, but I can see some ENTP characteristics in my attitude. Any input can be of help

Thanks for passing by.