User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp

Default Member of the Month: August 2018

Cascadeco is our August 2018 Member of the Month!

"Hello, and thank you for tuning in for another episode of The Stigmata Winfrey Show"

* crowd claps, loudly *

"In my twenty year history in day-time television, I've never been as excited and starstruck before an interview as I am for the one I'm about to conduct today"

* crowd gasps, in unison *

"Today.....after many years of declining interviews from various different sources, I've been granted an exclusive interview with one of our most esteemed posters and world renounded artist: The One. The Only.....cascadeco! We'll also have music guest, Third Eye Blind, performing their smash hit "Jumper", as well!"

* crowd cheers loudly *

"We're just so excited she's taken time out of her busy schedule, and when we get back from our commercial break, she's going to be here, with us, in the studio, to sit down with us and help all of us demystify the aura of mystique surrounding one of Typology Central's long-standing members that's still around today."

* cuts to commercial *

*Annnnnd we're back. I'd like everyone to a very special welcome to our guest, Cascadeco!"

* crowd cheers loudly as she walks to the stage and into the large leatherbound chair sitting across from me *

"Glad we could have you on the show. So, tell us a little bit more about yourself...."

1. So, How long have you been on the site?
    Apparently since October 7, 2007

2. What made you interested in typology?
    I learned about mbti many years before joining typc; I was probably doing some 'self-help' type browsing in the library and came across Please Understand Me, and recall being fascinated by it. I was always pretty introspective and observant when younger so had been 'people watching' for a long time already; it was also neat to read of other types and have terminology to use to describe different sorts of people.

3. Which typology system do you think is the best?
    I've only really gotten into mbti and enneagram; from what I know of socionics I'm not impressed. Out of mbti and enneagram, these days I appreciate enneagram a lot more, since it ties to what I think are more 'useful' elements of personality -- that say more about us at a deeper level - our fears, anxieties, preoccupations, obsessions, etc. Mbti is still ok when discussing generalities in people, but I think it quickly begins to break down in application.

4. What is your field of study?
    I got a B.S. in Ecology, Ethology, and Evolution

5. Where are you from?
    I grew up in the Midwest of the U.S.

6. How do you feel about the site currently?
    I think it's fine; the site will always flux and shift with different groups of people and different social 'cliques' that form. Whenever I feel I no longer relate to the site as a whole or can't really contribute to any threads --- or whenever I need to take a break for personal reasons -- I just step away for a while. I guess I don't expect the site to meet my needs? If it doesn't meet my needs I just step away.

7. What are your hobbies?
    Watercolor painting, nature/landscape photography, hiking, reading, birding (I don't actively do it in day to day life in the U.S., but I've taken trips specifically to focus on this), and I love board games, I just rarely have people to play them with. Also, I enjoy staying active in general; it's important and probably necessary for me - so I go running once or twice a week if it's not too hot (85+) or cold (below freezing), I used to go walking all of the time (not so much anymore), and in the winter I'll sometimes go snowshoeing. I also used to climb, for over a decade off and on, but haven't done that for several years.

8. What are your dreams?
    I don't have any? haha. (I am being honest -- I've never been a 'dreamer', for better or for worse) This question has always stumped me; I shall blame it on being a gen x/y cusp raised by two ISxJ parents.

9. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
    Oh no, the dreaded hypothetical imaginative 'if' questions! Being any animal would be challenging, once lack of food, injury, disease, or being hunted occurred, so it's almost impossible for me to idealize living as any type of animal, ha. But given my nature I'd probably be most suited as a bird or some type of herbivore or omnivore. I love/appreciate almost every organism, though, which is why single animals don't stand out to me.

10. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
    No idea

11. What's the most useless talent you have?
    I feel most of my 'talents' have uses, ha.

12. What's your favorite musical trend?
    I'm not really aware of musical trends these days. I guess you could say.... I am not too impressed with 'new' music on the radio? ta da! I have just officially dated myself in age.

13. Favorite 80's movie?
    Amadeus

14. Share the sweetest memory you can think of.
    I have so many good memories, which I guess is a good thing. I think I'd have to spend a long time trying to decide what a 'sweetest' one would be, and it might not even be something I wanted to share. I have many good memories of trips, time with friends, moments with people, and so on.

15. List all of your pets out, if you've ever had any.
    Gerbils growing up: Dana and Blackey; Dart and Sparkle who had two batches of babies before we could i.d. the sexes of the first batch and then split up the female babies, Galaxy, Berry, and Etwas, with mother Dart, and the male baby, Dusty, with father Sparkle; Cinnamon and Star; Mithril and Avari; Acorn
    My cat Laurelin who is now 16 years old.

16. If you owned the site for a day, what would you do?
    Oh heavens I wouldn't want to own the site! Nor per above example do I think I would want to 'do' anything - imo the site is 'defined' through action and inaction by the members involved. Though ofc overarching guidelines/rules need to be in place to create some sort of cohesion, but I don't really have an issue with current guidelines.

17. Have any users you want to shout out?
    Nah, I have made some lasting connections with older members who are no longer on the site and a few who are, and I enjoy many of the newer members as well. I don't really like calling people out.

18. Here's a free soap box. What do you want to say to everyone as a whole?
    I guess I'm being totally boring and unoriginal in this questionnaire but I don't really have a message I want to give. I have probably 'soapboxed' too many times to count on the site itself over the years, so anyone who's been around long enough will probably know what my thoughts are, ha. The only thing I can think of is -- don't get caught up in your type or trying to pin it down. That can take away from who you are and your actual life to live as you see fit.

19. If you could only eat one kind of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    Never would I want to eat one type of food, it would become revolting in a matter of time
    The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
    Ne > Ti > Te = Ni > Fi > Fe = Se > Si
    Likes Stell, Forever, Kanye69, Hiraeth, Luminous and 7 others liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

For a second, I thought you were already a member of the month, oh gracious me.

Edit: I replied before cascadeco's name was mentioned.
    Likes cascadeco liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Cool! Was very excited to see your name in here!

ISFP
    4w5 1w2 7w6 sx/so

Congrats!
    Hobo Chang Ba ~

BeExcellent to EachOther Luminous's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Congratulations, cascadeco!

Good choice! Congratulations. I always enjoy talking with you and your art is impressive and your photography is seriously amazing.

Garbage human

What exactly do members of the month get? A reward or something?

congratulations, btw.
    'When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff.'

-Cicero

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6 sp

Yay congrats!
    The only kinds of fights worth fighting are those you’re going to lose, because somebody has to fight them and lose and lose and lose until someday, somebody who believes as you do wins.
    I.F. Stone

Johari

Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

*clap* *claps* *clap* congrats. you are one of my favorite old members
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    974 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I don't recall if we've ever spoken before @cascadeco, but anyway congrats!
    Just because somebody does not love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Confessions of a Kashmirican

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"