User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Default Deciding for hours how to just say Hi....

Umm.. Hi!!

I have literally thought for hours how introduce myself. But I'm like that. Never usually saying what should be said because I'm too busy thinking on how or what to say until it's too late and the moment has passed me by.

It's very frustrating.

I came to the forum to seek answers on why I am the way I am. I have taken the Myers-Briggs test a dozen times to confirm that I am an INFP-T.

It makes so much sense though.. I have never understood why I've had a hard time expressing myself yet feel so outwardly emotional.

I think I've known that it's not just over emotion and that it's just being empathetic and caring.
    Sometimes it seems as though I care so much, sometimes it puts me into a deep depression.
    Also why I am here is to find an outlet for it, and a way of constructively using it for a good purpose.

And of coarse being introspective in a world of extroverts made me feel like the black sheep, lonewolf outcast that I am.

enough bad grammar and poor sentence structure....

So, here I am. All of me. That socially awkward guy just staring at people from the back of the room.
    Likes Atomic Fiend liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

you are basically chidi from the good place

also welcome.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so :hi:

You remind me of myself with your hesitation to post. I have creeped the publicly available threads on this board for some time and just couldn't bring myself to create an account. Now here I finally am and I'm sure I'll hesitate awhile longer before I make my own "introduction" thread. I can relate in that I always come up with the perfect comments... after the event and during reflection. I also feel that I can never post or state anything publicly that is not absolutely true or undoubtedly me (but wait who's that)... which basically means nothing is ever said. I wonder if you feel this way at times too. Are you fairly certain that you are an INFP? I wonder why you took the test so many times... was it because you still sought a deeper understanding or that something didn't quite fit?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Welcome. No need to feel awkward here. Just be yourself and introduce yourself at your own pace.
    The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience. Patience means restraining one's inclinations. There are seven emotions: joy, anger, anxiety, adoration, grief, fear, and hate, and if a man does not give way to these he can be called patient. I am not as strong as I might be, but I have long known and practiced patience. And if my descendants wish to be as I am, they must study patience.

Ieyasu Tokugawa
    Likes Excitant liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Suaimhneas View Post
    You remind me of myself with your hesitation to post. I have creeped the publicly available threads on this board for some time and just couldn't bring myself to create an account. Now here I finally am and I'm sure I'll hesitate awhile longer before I make my own "introduction" thread. I can relate in that I always come up with the perfect comments... after the event and during reflection. I also feel that I can never post or state anything publicly that is not absolutely true or undoubtedly me (but wait who's that)... which basically means nothing is ever said. I wonder if you feel this way at times too. Are you fairly certain that you are an INFP? I wonder why you took the test so many times... was it because you still sought a deeper understanding or that something didn't quite fit?

I usually creep around for a while before posting too, but had some questions regarding MBTI Types and recent events in my life. So I jumped in head fist this time.

Hmm.. Yes I tend to not post publicly for the same reasons. For me, at least, I overthink every little thing I'm about to say to the point it just doesn't sound right in my head anymore... Then I never post it. So why do I waste all that time creating a post that no one will ever read in the first place.
    I try to sound like myself but like you said "who's that"

The only thing that makes me question whether or not I am INFP is the fact that I'm supposed to be a literary genius or something. Often times I will have deep meaningful statements and thoughts but those are few and far between.
    I mean, I love to read but like 5 sentences in, I'm daydreaming about something else entirely. I could read an entire chapter of a book only to realize that I was thinking about something else and didn't remember a thing I read.
    But I was reading....

Everything else seems to be spot on. Hypercritical about myself and others sometimes. Introspective thinking with extroverted feelings. I have always worn my heart on my sleeve. I hold on to criticism to an unhealthy degree.
    Small talk and day to day mundane tasks are the plague for me.
    I would start a rebellion but don't understand why people can't follow simple rules of the road.
    Everyone labels me as emotional but I am just super empathetic. I feed off of others feelings. If your happy I'm happy, If your sad and down I'm the same way. And not out of pity, or anything. I actually feel what others are feeling. I never really understood that until I found our what an INFP was.

I took the test so many times because I wanted to make sure I was being honest with my answers and not just to say what I wish I was like.
    I also get so passionate about anything new I find.
    It drives me to find new and exciting avenues to life and to understand more about why we are the way we are and what makes us tick.. What drives us. What our souls ache for.

So, I am new to this MBTI Thing and haven't really studied the rest of the personalities but seem to fit INFP the best.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you are basically chidi from the good place

also welcome.
    Never watched the show.. But now I'm interested. Thanks for the welcome.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

I don't think that you have to be a 'literary genius' to be an INFP. I just think that it's a common trend among people with this personality. The daydreaming and distractibility you mentioned actually sounds pretty INFP like to me. Good luck getting your questions answered. Side note, your avatar is pretty sweet.
    Likes Yuurei, Excitant liked this post

Lol for hours?

This makes me laugh- not at you I promise- just at the thought of just what being an IXXP can mean for people.

Welcome to the forum, I am really excited to meet you

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Lol for hours?

This makes me laugh- not at you I promise- just at the thought of just what being an IXXP can mean for people.

I don't know if I remember this correctly, but I feel like I was already a part of the forum and then realized, maybe I should introduce myself. I think I even introduced myself as an ENTP now that I think about it. My god the nerve!

Tsk tsk tsk...
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Lol for hours?

I have been known to spend not hours but many minutes planning what to say to people over the phone. I much prefer email, or posts as we make here.

Welcome, @Excitant. As others have already said, take your time and go at your own pace. You can check out the FAQ, but it doesn't cover everything so ask one of the mods or more experienced members if you have any questions.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha