12 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    LSE Si

Default Member of the Month: April 2018

Metis is the fifth to be a featured member! Our magically cunning Queen of Fluff, she's also no stranger to the other subforums or the betterment of the website as a whole. We are honored to have such a titan in our ranks! Metis chose to forgo an interview, but here's what she had to say:

Thank you for thinking of me for TypologyCentral Member of the Month! Is this the April Fools’ joke*?

Thank you for the kind thoughts. Thank you to the founder, current owner, and moderators for maintaining TypologyCentral as a public forum where we can discuss all manner of topics, learn about others’ views and experiences, and make friends. It is my understanding that moderators are volunteers, and I don’t know how the site is funded, since it isn’t littered with advertisements. I appreciate the work that you put into maintaining this site, and I am sure that a lot of work goes on behind the scenes, deliberating actions to take, and more.

I would like to extend my appreciation to my first forum friend, @Lord Lavender AKA Cat Brainz; to @DulcetRefrain, who is one of my favorite Image Streaming and Respond with a Line of Lyrics buddies and is very kind, on top of that; @The Grey Wizard, who for some reason is incredibly supportive and kind to me; @Floki, @Population: 1, @Julius_Van_Der_Beak, @Stigmata, and all the others who have been my friends to some extent. Also, my thoughts go to @Ruben in Syria, and I hope that you will be able to overcome or transcend the situation. I do not know what else to say; I think of you often. Because of your short time on this site, Syria seems more like a real place, where real things are happening, and not an abstract “idea”. You put a face on it, not in the sense that you’ve posted any images, but in the sense that you've interacted with people on this site, and we know you personally, to some small degree. You are part of us, and you are remembered.

To my brothers in prison: I remember each of you and your unique qualities. You remain part of the larger world. I bring you everywhere I go, and so do others who know you. Every interaction I have with others is touched in some way by your existence.

To all of good people currently or formerly incarcerated in prisons, jails, and mental institutions: You are remembered, as a whole, if not individually.

Thanks to the prisoners who spend their time in prison making life better for others, both in the prisons and outside. The people who lead veterans’ groups, the people who donate time and efforts to admirable causes, and the ones who set me a good example of how to rise to the occasion in an adverse situation.

To those who have committed irredeemable acts and yet want to redeem themselves: I pray that it does happen.

Please excuse me for not answering most of the interview questions; I talk about myself enough!

Have a wonderful month of April.

-Metis
    *Nope!
    MBTI: Te = Ne > Ni = Si > Fi > Se > Fe > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian)
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Gemini Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic = Conventional = Investigative > Realistic
    Potter House: Slytherin

Johari · Sunshine · Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    LSE Si

I hope the 'magically cunning' line isn't lost in context. There's surprisingly very little info about the Greek Titan Metis.
    MBTI: Te = Ne > Ni = Si > Fi > Se > Fe > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian)
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Gemini Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic = Conventional = Investigative > Realistic
    Potter House: Slytherin

Johari · Sunshine · Nohari
    Likes Metis, DulcetRefrain liked this post

Used Thread Salesman Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Wow I know a celebrity! Woohoo! That’s it I’m tagging along with you to restaurants and clubs to enjoy the benefits of your newfound status.

Congratulations Metis! I enjoy goofing around with you in the word association thread and bouncing lyrics off one another in the answer with a line of lyrics thread and now exchanging witty banter in The Grey Wizard’s The Last Word thread. You definitely make the experience of the forums more enjoyable.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Wow I know a celebrity! Woohoo! That’s it I’m tagging along with you to restaurants and clubs to enjoy the benefits of your newfound status.
    We're practically Kardashians now.

Metis, without getting too mushy, you already know what I think of you.

Congratulations on your member of the month.
    Likes Population: 1, Metis, DulcetRefrain liked this post

Bird of War Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Congratulations! May your path be paved with broccoli.
    The gloves are off...
    The wisdom teeth fell out...
    What you on about?

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    yupp

congrats metis, enjoy your fame and glory in a month you'll be working in starbucks going why did i spend all my money i got from my fame.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes DulcetRefrain liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Dear Typology Central Members:

As Typology Central Member of the Month of April, 2018, I am hosting Member of the Day for the remainder of April.

Each Member of the Day will be asked to write a Member of the Day Speech. Each of these contributions will be posted in its own individual thread.

I might collate the member statements, periodically or at the end of the month, into this thread as well, for the sake of easy future reference. However, I want each Member of the Day Speech to have its own discussion space in the meantime.

Member of the Day will be awarded sporadically throughout the month--probably not every day. It will be a surprise! Also, more fun for me, because I don't have to worry about it and can do it whenever I have time.

Click here for the first April Member of the Day award, for Monday, April 2nd, 2018:

Member of the Day: April 2, 2018
    And did you exchange
    A walk-on part in the war
    For a lead role in a cage?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Member of the Day Award Speeches, April 2--April 7

The purpose of the Member of the Day Award is to find out what's on members' minds that has some enduring importance to them.

Here are the first week's Member of the Day speeches, with themes of serendipity/synchronicity, hope for the future that continues after you're gone, making an effort despite doubt, equanimity, engaging in one's life with courage, and portals to new worlds:

Occasionally life sends you exactly what you need. A thing, a message or a person arrives with such incredible timing you just have to wonder. I hope someday when I’m released from earthly bonds I may catch even a glimpse of how truly interconnected everything and everyone is.

Population: 1 (April 2)

Thanks for the nomination! Forums come and go all the time, so I'm glad my forum home is still alive and thriving after all these years. I hope it continues on as a fixture in the typology based online landscape.

A good vision for the future has the people you won't be around to meet in mind. You needn't rush to complete it all on your own. Life isn't a only personal experience, it's made up of everyone you have, will, and never will meet. It goes on when you're gone. Make plans so someone else can carry the torch when you no longer can, and trust that they will see it reach where it needs to go.

Atomic Fiend (April 3)

What I learned in my life is that it’s always worth to be bold and to try, even if you’re unsure of the consequences. Maybe it won’t work out but at least you’ll know you tried it, or else it will work and you’ll be real glad you gave it a shot.

I found out during the 22 years of my existence that you need to have faith in yourself and in your abilities, and not listen to people that put you down. In most cases they’re either unsure of themselves, jealous or have problems of their own, so you should turn a deaf ear to them and only listen to yourself, and the people you can trust. Nothing should stop you from following your dreams.

So believe in luck, in your abilities and in yourself and you’ll certainly be successful in your life!

Neal Caffreynated (April 4)

One important thing I have learned in my life is that no situation or circumstance, good or bad, is a waste since we have the agency to decide what to do with those experiences. There have been times when the things I wanted most desperately didn't work out. In hindsight, I couldn't be more thankful that they didn't! Some of the best experiences and insights I've ever had have come out of the most difficult times I've encountered. So no matter what happens, there is always something to be grateful for, and happiness can be found not in circumstances, or seasons, or events, or security, or certainty, or people, but in trusting that everything that happens to us is a grand opportunity in some way or another.

fidelia (April 5)

One important thing that I have learned in my life is the importance of courage. With courage comes hope for the future, the strength and drive to get through the darkest situations, the bravery to allow our true selves to be seen. I think from courage stems vulnerability, kindness, honesty, integrity, and so many other valuable things we need more of in this world. I want everyone who struggles with their sense of self worth or is in a rough spot, to choose courage. Because success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.

DulcetRefrain (April 6)

One thought that’s drifted through my mind frequently in the past few weeks is how TypoC is kinda like the Wood Between the Worlds* in The Chronicles of Narnia. The Wood is kind of an in-between place that has many pools in it, and each pool is a portal to a world. In the same way everyone here is like a fascinating new world to explore. As you may surmise from my username socializing has never come easily for me, but here it’s a little easier. It’s been my profound pleasure to meet and come to know some of you, and I look forward to meeting more of you in the future.

*See book 1: The Magician’s Nephew

Hermit Of The Forest (April 7)

Thank you, @Population: 1, @AtomicFiend, @Neal Caffreynated, @fidelia, @DulcetRefrain, and @Hermit Of The Forest, for contributing these insights about life.
    And did you exchange

okay I gotta admit

I thought Metis was a guy.

I can add this to my list of misgendering people on typoc.

I've done it to almost everyone in discord.

I am notorious for it.
    Likes Metis, DulcetRefrain, Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Member of the Day Award Speeches, April 8--April 12

Here are the Member of the Day speeches of the second week. They talk, sometimes humorously, about friendship, finding a place where one feels welcome, self-restraint, pragmatic idealism, seeking meaning and joy, and typology. I enjoyed hearing from a couple of Typology Central members I rarely interact with, Cellmold and SD45T-2, and learning more about their stories or thoughts.

I'd like to thank everyone who nominated me. I came here 7 years ago to merely test the waters to a place I'd seen referenced many times in a negative way at the other place which shall not be named, yet almost immediately upon joining I was embraced by the membership here, despite all my idiosyncrasies and eccentricities. I've watched myself grow here, and I'll always have a soft spot for this place as a medium where I can be myself, even if the world itself chooses not to accept me. I'm quite thankful for all the friends I've made here over the years. I don't really have anything else to say.....

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!!!*

Believe in the ball, and throw yourself!**

Stigmata (April 8)

One important thing I've learned in my life is to be kind especially when you want to murder the other person. Sometimes it's better not to voice your opinion or call people out, because the ones that need to be have such a huge blind spot that they don't even know and so it's useless to do so. You end up being the asshole.

prplchknz (April 9)

The Grey Wizard elected to share some quotes that he loves, instead of writing a new speech. Here are the quotes he picked:

"If you want to believe in (something), then believe in it. Just because something isn't true, that's no reason you can't believe in it. (...) Sometimes, the things that may or may not be true are the things that a man needs to believe in the most: that people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power, mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; (...) that love, true love, never dies. (...) No matter if they're true or not, you see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in."

― Movie "Secondhand Lions" (2003)

And always remember:

"Just because it’s a myth doesn’t mean it’s not true!"

― The Disney character Scrooge McDuck

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”

― Mark Twain

The Grey Wizard (April 10)

Life to me has always been about seeking. Looking for the answers to those questions either big or small, but most of all the existing in between those questions and answers. And so often I find myself wondering why, when you restlessly move from one state to another, it must be that some glimpse of those answers always seems to bring more curiosity? There is a key paradox at play, it seems, and one that goes along with the beauty and horrors of our lives.

And I always find myself, upon consideration, going back to what many would consider simple & essential ideas of meaning. Those I love and enjoy being around (human or otherwise) giving me joy in being here for this brief time & when that happens I realise I only want others to experience their own joy, in whatever form that takes for them.

So keep seeking, speedy communication has not made the world so small, there is a vast amount of experience out there, more than for one lifetime and I wish everyone the best in their own search.

Just remember to let yourself enjoy it along the way.

Cellmold (April 11)

My first encounter with typology was years ago on a car forum when someone posted a thread with a test from similarminds.com. I got ESTJ and it seemed pretty accurate so I never really doubted it. Some time later as I started trying to learn more about other types I noticed that there weren't a whole lot of resources or discussions about ESTJs, but then I found EJCC's epic Ask an ESTJ! thread and actually read the whole thing over the course of several days. So I decided to join to participate and keep EJCC company, and I guess you could say the rest is history. I'm flattered and rather surprised by this nomination because I totally wasn't expecting it, but I'll take whatever I can get!

SD45T-2 (April 12)

Congratulations to:
    @Stigmata @prplchknz @The Grey Wizard @Cellmold @SD45T-2
    And did you exchange