User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

Default I heard we're introducing ourselves...

Enneagram 3 gal who recently accepted my ENTPness - I initially mistyped as NTJ because I have my shit together more than the ENTP stereotype allows for (and study a very NTJ field). I'm currently working on my master's, and work part time teaching undergrads. When I have (take) time off, I like to pick up heavy things and lift them from the ground, hang out with friends; discuss philosophy, play music or computer games etc. I love learning new things and joke around a lot, and I have a million other interests I'd like to develop, if I had more time. I'm poly and currently have two partners, and value freedom both for myself and others.

I'm really enjoying this forum so far

MBTI
    LGBT

Lovely introduction, Glad you're having fun so far ^_^
    I am the Cat who walks by themself; and all places are alike to me...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    They are the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    They are the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is their cousin, and they speak her language;
    but they are more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remember that which she hath forgotten...

Likes ugghh liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ugghh View Post
    Enneagram 3 gal who recently accepted my ENTPness - I initially mistyped as NTJ because I have my shit together more than the ENTP stereotype allows for (and study a very NTJ field).
    Might I ask, then, how you knew you were mistyped? I don't doubt the accuracy of your type so much as I'm curious about how you recognized the error.

I'm poly and currently have two partners, and value freedom both for myself and others.
    Golly.
    Repeat after me: "Wocka, wocka, wocka". See? That wasn't so hard, now was it?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Might I ask, then, how you knew you were mistyped? I don't doubt the accuracy of your type so much as I'm curious about how you recognized the error.
    I think the first thing that got me thinking was when I was discussing decision making (unrelated to typology) with a friend, and I realized that I tend to make "pre-decisions", which I continually update up until the point when I'm forced to make a decision (or indefinitely). Even when I have an idea about what I think about something, I actively look for more info and remain open to other people's point of view because there is a chance that there are facts or perspectives that I have failed to take into account. I'm also comfortable with entertaining multiple contradictory ideas at the same time, and in some cases I consider two contradictory ideas to both be true.. and it kind of clicked in my head that "wait, that doesn't sound like Te at all".
    After that I remembered that I've been typed as EXTP by keys2kognition as well as in a "type me"-thread a while ago, and started reading up on aux Ti and tertiary Fe, and it just made sense. I can see arguments for both being a Se-dom and Ne-dom, but I'm pretty sure that ENTP makes more sense.
    Likes Tilt liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

I think the first thing that got me thinking was when I was discussing decision making (unrelated to typology) with a friend, and I realized that I tend to make "pre-decisions", which I continually update up until the point when I'm forced to make a decision (or indefinitely). Even when I have an idea about what I think about something, I actively look for more info and remain open to other people's point of view because there is a chance that there are facts or perspectives that I have failed to take into account. I'm also comfortable with entertaining multiple contradictory ideas at the same time, and in some cases I consider two contradictory ideas to both be true.. and it kind of clicked in my head that "wait, that doesn't sound like Te at all".
    After that I remembered that I've been typed as EXTP by keys2kognition as well as in a "type me"-thread a while ago, and started reading up on aux Ti and tertiary Fe, and it just made sense. I can see arguments for both being a Se-dom and Ne-dom, but I'm pretty sure that ENTP makes more sense.
    Fair enough.

The reason I ask is because for as biographical as these type descriptions might be for a lot of us, it's undeniable that we tend to reinforce other traits we go along through life. Or at least we attempt to do so. For example, if you read some INTJ descriptors, we sound like we're emotionless robots. And yet, I think I'm above average in emotional expression... as INTJ's go anyway. And then there are other complications some of us might have like anxiety disorders or whatever, which in some cases could conflict (or at least complicate) our type.

So it makes me wonder how far down the line that goes. Have some of us been mistyped because of F'ed up life circumstances, social pressures, etc.

Just saying...
    Repeat after me: "Wocka, wocka, wocka". See? That wasn't so hard, now was it?

Remember, Humanity. Alexandre Dantès's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    379 sp/sx

Welcome
    "..And alien tears will fill for him
    Pity's long-broken urn,
    For his mourner will be outcast men,
    And outcasts always mourn..”

Exist for today, live for tomorrow, strive to be better than yesterday.

Preferred pronoun They/them

Artist/Playboy/Traveller Neal Caffreynated's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

Welcome on TypoC fellow ENTP, I hope you'll have fun here!
    Great art captures a time, a place and an emotion.

I'm at my most serious when I'm joking