User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    286 so/sp

Default Member of the Month: March 2018

Julius_Van_Der_Beak (previously known by msg_v2, Vulcan, or Osprey) is our fourth featured member! Julius is a valued raconteur who plays the part of the voice of reason when we need it most. He's never failed to be engaging and witty and we are honored to have our bird of war here. The following is their interview:

1. How long have you been on the site?
    I’ve been registered here since the summer of 2008. That fall, I was entering my senior year of college.

2. What made you interested in typology?
    There was a website called StumbleUpon, which I think still exists, and it would lead you to random websites based on your interests. Anyway, in the account profile, there was a section for MBTI type, and a link to the SimilarMinds website with quizzes you could take. I found out my type was INTP, and I also got this on an official MBTI I took at my college’s career development office. I found out about INTPcentral, which ended up to not really be what I was hoping for (ironically, it was too cliquey and focused on trivial bullshit and dramatics), but it did have the benefit of leading me to this place.

3. Which typology system do you think is the best?
    I like socionics because of all the detail about the functions that’s readily available, as well as the quadras. A lot of people prefer enneagram, but I’m not sure that I buy the concept of tritypes and I think that the enneagrams don’t really capture enough about people or categorize them well enough.

4. What is your field of study?
    Biomedical informatics. I chose it because I wanted to combine computer science with medicine and biology; it’s heavily multidisciplinary, which suits me just fine.

5. Where are you from?
    I spent most of my life in Philadelphia until recently, when I moved to Chicago. I changed my avatar to an eagle because of the Superbowl.

6. How do you feel about the site currently?
    I really like the current direction I think the site is headed in (and I thought this before I was nominated), and I tend to prefer to focus on the future rather than lamenting the past, anyway.

7. What are your hobbies?
    I like reading, both books and internet resources (I have a small preference for nonfiction). I like thinking and speculating about all kinds of different things, and sometimes imagining possibilities that may seem “out there” just for fun. I also enjoy board games, listening to music, hiking (although I haven’t done this in a long time), photography (again, haven’t done this in a long time) and cinema. In general, I enjoy the feeling of being lost inside my head with something, or hyper-focused on something.

8. What are your dreams?
    To successfully seek knowledge and love, as well as achieving financial stability. On a society-wide scale, I’d like things to become more future-oriented again. I have little patience for people griping about kids these days or the passing of the good old days.

9. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
    Probably a raven or swallow. Ravens are graceful fliers, as well as intelligent, and swallows are acrobats. They also both have lovely plumage..

10. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
    Mind-reading, with the caveat that I’d have to be able to turn it on and off as desired.

11. What's your favorite food and what's your favorite meal?
    I like tacos, burritos, and shwarma. I’m not really sure about the distinction between food and meals, but I guess I’ll try to answer it as best as I can. As far as meat goes, I like duck and lamb. In terms of fruit, I like peaches and nectarines. In terms of vegetables I like onions and mushrooms.

12. How were you as a child?
    Quiet and relatively solitary, prone to observing things or just getting lost inside my head. I wasn’t into organized sports, but I did do a lot of running around and exploring, as will as bike-reading and small tree-climbing.

13. How do you pronounce caramel, been, aunt, and gif?
    Care-uh-mel, bin, ant, gehf.

14. Favorite and least favorite holiday?
    Thanksgiving because I feel like it’s the most focused on the things that really matter. My least favorite would be May 16, St. Honore's Day. I’m sorry, but as far as stupid holidays, a holiday for the patron saint of pastry chefs really takes the cake.

15. Share the sweetest memory you can think of.
    Not answering this one. Sorry.

16. What paper that you've written are you most proud of?
    The capstone paper I finished a week ago for my Master’s program.

17. List all of your pets out, if you've ever had any.
    Two parakeets, tropical fish, goldfish, two dogs and a cat.

18. If you owned the site for a day, what would you do?
    No likes! Also, probably look at the history of mod discussions about a few incidents from years ago I’m curious about. (Hey, I'm not applying to be a mod.)

19. Have any users you want to shout out? @Metis, because she’s awesome. @Coriolis, because, among other things, she puts so much into this site. @Hard, for being open to changing his mind. There are many others, of course, but these were just the three that came to mind.

20. Here's a free soap box. What do you want to say to everyone as a whole?
    Don’t focus so much on identity. Just do what interests you.
    I am currently looking for someone to give me an in depth typing. Willing to pay money.
    Likes Tater, Qlip, Dreamer, Kas, N/A and 6 others liked this post

Post Human Post
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Ahh, congrats JvdB, you earned this with pain.
    ▵▵▵
    Likes Frosty liked this post

That's good choice. Congratulations!
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

1) Have you eaten a sloppy joe? What is your opinion of it?
    2) Do you like lamb madras or vindaloo?
    3) What are you reading at the moment?
    4) What would your D&D alignment be? Would your friends agree or guess a different alignment? Would people that know you say the same?
    5) What is your opinion of Monty Python?
    6) Have you kept a journal ever in your life?
    7) When was the last time you spoke to a complete stranger?
    8) Google, Amazon or Facebook FTW?
    9) Do you think you drink enough water? What was the brand of the last water you drank or was it tap water?
    10) What is your favourite cardio exercise? How often do you engage in it?
    11) Did you have a favourite genre fiction when you were a kid? Did you read much when you were a kid?
    12) What was the first film you remember watching that scared you as a kid?
    13) What was the last film you remember watching that scared you as an adult?
    14) Do you think that films should make you think or make you feel?
    15) What as the last iPod that you listened to? Would you listen to it again?
    16) iTunes, Spotify, Amazon Music?
    17) Would you like to read some Amazon reviews I wrote and would you vote helpful on any that you found helpful?
    18) Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother or Goldbergs?
    19) Are your weeknights entirely unplanned and unscheduled or the opposite?
    20) Have you thought about joining or participating more in the Healthy Habits thread?

Bonus Question:-

What are your top three threads on the forum presently?
    Likes Frosty, Metis liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Ahh, congrats JvdB, you earned this with pain.
    I read this as Pinhead voice!
    Likes Qlip, Frosty liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

congrats
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so :hi:

phallus impudicus

Yay, G!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    297 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Congratulations!
    Each time you fall in love
    It's clearly not enough

Likes Frosty, Tater, Pasta liked this post

CONGRATULATIONS! You’ve won TypologyCentral. Now see if you can beat your high score!

AND WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE CHEWBACCA A MEDAL FFS?