User Tag List

Thread: INFJ Male

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default INFJ Male

So this past C-mas my wife that works for behavior heath thought it would be fun to give us all the Myers Briggs test. I ended up being a strong INFJ,at the time I didn't think anything of it. Then she brings home the discription from work and it's me in a nutshell. (Good to know Im not crazy just a bit different than others) I get on line and take the test on a few sites,all come back the same. So I start searching for answers and it leads me here. Going to start by looking around a bit maybe I can get some answers to the difficulties I face when around others.

Whitlock
    Likes Hermit of the Forest liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Welcome! Hope you find the answers you seek.
    “All men by nature desire to know” ~ Aristotle
    Likes INFJeed liked this post

Parody Parrot
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Welcome !

Discovering MBTI has helped me a great deal. I now have a much better perspective on the difficulties I often face when socializing (in realizing how most of us are wired very differently).
    Take a look at cognitive functions for each type. That says even more than type descriptions imho. Understanding the Myers Briggs Type Indicator: The 8 Cognitive Functions
    "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers" ~ Nick Cave

MBTI
    ISTP

Welcome to the forum. This is a fun welcoming place.

Unfortunately for INFJ, INFJ males are quite rare. So they may never find people that they can fully relate to, which might suck at times. However this forum has a few INFJ males.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Hi there! I'm also an INFJ, although I'm female. Discovering my type has helped me a lot with understanding myself, because there was all this stuff I didn't consciously know about myself that I realized when I read descriptions of my type. When I read about 5s in the Enneagram, I immediately knew that it was my type even though I didn't know most of the stuff about it. I hope you can learn a lot about yourself and other people with MBTI. I've only known about it for about 6 months, but I know so much more about myself and other people already.
    5w4 1w9 4w5
    Likes Whitlock liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Thanks for the welcomes. I'm learning there is a lot to take in! I love to read and learn about anything new and this personality stuff is way out of my realm of experiences. So it's going to take a bit for me to grasp it. I did take the Enneagram test last night ended up being a 6w5. I would really like to learn if it is possible to block others emotions from effecting me.
    Whitlock

Welcome to the forums!

Whilst there's no support for the theory of everyone being 'wired' in these 16 different ways, taking the test and meeting people who got the same score is a good place to start if you want to meet (at least partially) like-minded people who might be able to help you with problems you face, so hopefully you'll find that here. But I do always feel the need to caution new people not to make the same mistake (well, I personally see it as a mistake) that I, and others, have made, and think MBTI/Cognitive Function theory has actually been studied and researched to the extent that it's accepted as a reflection of reality, because it hasn't. Just be careful to remember that, is my advice. I see too many people stress about their 'type' and assign so much of their sense of self onto it, when it doesn't have to be that way at all, and probably isn't. You might relate lots to a description, but it's easy to fall into the trap of "the entire theory must be true for not only myself but for everyone because I agree with my description that one test gave me, or because the way I perceive others fits the theory", which isn't necessarily the case. Sorry for greeting you with this kind of forced-down-your-throat-agenda of mine, I have no idea if this needs to be said to you or not because I don't know what's going through your head and I don't mean to assume anything about you, I just think it would have been nice if someone told me this when I first joined so I'm telling you.
    Likes Yama liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Good point Jellyfish. Thanks for the heads up. I understand it's all theory based. It has given me another way to look at myself and it does open some doors for exploring why I think and do things the way I do.
    Whitlock

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Hi

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Hello! INFJ male here, sadly the only one i know.......