• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni vs Ne Eyes

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you think about this? Can you tell if someone uses Ne or Ni by looking at their eyes?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have been told that I have very Ne eyes. They're very large and round. I don't know how much I buy into visual typing though. But I do have Ne in my stack fwiw.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I know that my eyes just about always look dazed in pictures. Unfocused. That could be due to Ne/Ni- enneagram- instinct- I dont know. But in many pictures- it looke like my eyes are just- seeing something thats not really there I guess- dazing off.

Its a fairly consistent pattern

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based on this I'm extreme with Ne. My eyes dart around even more than the people they show here.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
imho, definitely yes.

Ni = blank stares to a fixed point.
Ne is the opposite : more scattered (usually upper left and right).

I think it requires either a bit of Fe or Se to be naturally good at recognizing this or paying attention to this overall.

Nice video.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me, using Ne sort of feels like racing, bouncing, hopping around on a sort of cosmic intuitive highway with random warp/jumping points when my brain reaches critical mass and jumps to another associated datapoint. When it gets in the zone, the critical mass points happen faster and faster, so i can see the darting eyes, definitely.

Using Ni - when i do have access to it, feels like being in a big flag ship with a ginormous telescope, giving you perfect oversight of the situation until you go ‘land ahoy’ and have a heading, basically :D

Things just...fall into place after much time of observing quietly, and click, so you suddenky see the path ahead. That look tends to be one of silent, serious and mysterious contemplation, followed by clear and calm determination, ime :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah I tend to look down a lot instantaneously in thought.

When I change my expression to Ne. It is really cute.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do any Ne/Ni dom/aux dispute this idea?

If I use Ni, then I'd have to dispute it because my eyes wander more than most in the video.

I would have thought that Kristen Stewart would be in the Ni-eyes camp, but they had her as Ne-eyes?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=23583]yama[/MENTION] what eyes do I have?

EDIT: oh there's an SI v SE thread...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

If I use Ni, then I'd have to dispute it because my eyes wander more than most in the video.

I would have thought that Kristen Stewart would be in the Ni-eyes camp, but they had her as Ne-eyes?

For me, I think it's accurate. But then I don't exactly pay attention to where my eyes are looking. Maybe that says something in and of itself

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me, I think it's accurate. But then I don't exactly pay attention to where my eyes are looking. Maybe that says something in and of itself
I had no idea I look around so much until I saw myself on video. From inside I had absolutely no idea.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I thought by the video they said Kristen Stewart was Ni

3:44 look into that

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
in terms of the narrators, the girl on the left is mistyped--actually an nfp. probably infp 4w5 so/sp. similar expressions to lebron james. her pacing and affect fits that so much more.

and eyes move based on the specific adventure. we Ni types zone out when we're holding space for thought that isn't really visual. the best i've heard is looking up is more visual, center line is more auditory, and down (and especially to the right) is more kinesthetic. this fits my experience pretty well. the movement and liveliness depends on enneagram type, instinctual subtype, and quality of focus. while i can get immersed in a space that i hold in part with minimizing visual clutter, my eyes also dart around at other times. it might be part affectation, but i think it also might just be like putting down the top in your mind so you can feel the wind a little bit more vividly. it's a fun way to search.

meanwhile, jennifer lawrence is esfp 7w8 so/sp, whereas kristen stewart is isfp 4w3 so/sx. they both are Se. the e8 and e3 add that dopamine brow just with that sense of focus. of course, as a 4w3, she's super kinesthetic and best at really being in it when she's feeling her way thru something. 7w8, meanwhile, and so in particular, is more bouncy and pinbally. the infp might relate to that super auditory e5 side as she holds her thought-space to let the language do the work. she still seems to have lots of landing points tho, so it seems spatial. i think the girl on the right might be entp 3w4 so/sp. she's kinda bubbly, but her prosody has the 3w4 contour. there's a lot of self-consciousness, which i appreciate and is pretty disarming. that so/sp rounded speech that doesn't quite have the structure or charge of fully revvable energy of self-definition. that tensegrity that knows its own EXACT shape.

random add: i think p types are way more likely to have lazy eyes... and i kinda like it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought by the video they said Kristen Stewart was Ni

3:44 look into that
I guess my eyes darted away at that point. :D Thanks for the clarification because she is known for having a singular gaze and expression.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=6275]the state i am in[/MENTION] I have no idea what you mean by looking up is visual. Experience and experience again I rarely look up unless it’s at the sky when I’m outside just purely wanting to observe the sky. Unless my eyes get watery. Or if I’m really pissed off at someone and I really would prefer the ceiling.

If you mean by vision by purely physical means rather than inner eye sure.

But looking downwards even when I’m in the throes of imagination has been so true for me.

It’s center. Down left middle right for me. Entirely the Southern Hemisphere of my eyes.

There’s this SP guy who tends to look up more than I do though.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I stare off sometimes when acutely listening. When nervous about some stuff my eyes wander. I look around at my environment alot, but not dart. Generally sit in the later though. Looking around alot just watching life interactions.

I actually find situations, eye movement, eye muscles etc. Have to be noticed to find type by eyes. Just movement is pretty shallow statistical analysis.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Would it be useful for other people to post pics/videos of their eyes focusing this way or that to get a bigger sample size? I'm curious when others describe their eyes what they really mean, and also if there is anything to this, it could determine my type. Mine are actually kind of extreme - almost comical. Can a person have that and not have Ne?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Would it be useful for other people to post pics/videos of their eyes focusing this way or that to get a bigger sample size? I'm curious when others describe their eyes what they really mean, and also if there is anything to this, it could determine my type. Mine are actually kind of extreme - almost comical. Can a person have that and not have Ne?

I'll be making a video within the next month or so, but I don't technically know if I am ISFP or INFP, or maybe I've completely mastered functions and have graduated to another plane of existence.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll be making a video within the next month or so, but I don't technically know if I am ISFP or INFP, or maybe I've completely mastered functions and have graduated to another plane of existence.
Can we do that? I wanna do THAT! :happy2: