• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: INFP and INFJ differences

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  • Good description of the difference between INFPs and INFJs through the lens of cognitive functions

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That was one of the first INFJ descriptions that made sense to me. I related to most of it because it didn't focus on the social convention/group aspect of Fe, but just the external individual empathy aspect. For some reason what I think of as Ti doesn't feel stifled or restricting - it also has flow for me. I tend to go overboard on projects (especially if I care about them), but usually start them early enough to not be stressed.

487473million

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w4
Good job! I found it interesting when I read a comment a while back from an INFJ who said she was formerly INFP...she said INFJ is the "mature" version of INFP but I don't see how when we don't have any of the same functions. It's a completely different type. I find it hard to think that an INFP could morph into an INFJ watching this video.