• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFJ INFJ difference

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Like, technically the types are cousins; their function stacks are mirrors/flipped.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Watched the video.

From my experience, the key differences are:

1. INFJs are much slower to react, while ENFJs are much more in tune to their emotional environment and notice small changes in others very quickly.

2. INFJs are much deeper, as expected in Ni doms, while ENFJs are more superficial with a wider breadth of understanding.

3. ENFJs are less likely to have original thoughts than INFJs.

4. ENFJs can more easily engage with others, masters at putting on a mask and becoming chameleons.

5. ENFJs fall into inferior Ti when in the grip, an abyss of self-criticism. INFJs fall into the grip of inferior Se, getting engaged in frivolous pursuits and reckless behavior, such as partying, sexual adventures, out of control shopping, etc.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The most important point is , if you want someone to teach you sth , never let INFJ :D they will get you distracted and lost in their thinking hurricanes in their brain, while ENFJs give a better discription faster and more shortcut , on point explanation. Even though I'm ENFJ but I DIE when hearing my lovely INFJs trying to explain something without intense preparation, like, it's my nightmare.

When ENFJ is too convinced in his opinion and don't care if athers understood , in a conflict, the INFJ will play the angel who dig answers from ENFJ (which is imposible to others most times becouse ENFJ don't tell people how they feel deeply) and deliver it to everyone else , easing the hard obstacle for ENFJ.
THEY BOTH REALLY KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU.but they have different ways to do so .
I find INFJ's helping (IRL) like forcing you to get out of your shell and telling you they know you well and can offer help, even though they might know u well, they might not have the perfect solution for u. But on the other hand ENFJ will naturally let you open up to them and trying to take all the info they know and *connect things that doesn't look connected to others* by that discussing the theories they have of the solution till they give the perfect one .
That's my opinion based on experience , interactions with other ENFJs and INFJs . And what other personalities IRL told me about those 2 .

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ are blindly driven by passion , although inspiring, but it makes them less sensible at times than ENFJ , like when dealing wth money , INFJ might not think clearly before buying a piece they loved so much , but ENFJ rarely submit to that kind of fealing and being more sensible about their need.

One thing I want to know , is the difference between the TRUST issue they both have. Like when do each of them decide to trust someone? And which of them seem more problematic on personal life?
From others' point of view.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
ENFJ and INFJ are have all of the same functions but in a different order. They are both proficient user of Ne and Fe they are very quite different from each other at the same time. INFJ don't succumbs to inferior Ti. ENFJ don't succumb towards inferior Se. But, however, INFJ and ENFJ may suffer from inferior Se and Ti retrospectively. INFJ can use Ne but ignore their Fi. ENFJ can use Fi but may ignore their Ne.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Except INFJs are Ni doms and ENFJs are Ni auxes. But sometimes my phone autocorrects the functions, so that's maybe what happened there.