• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ-INTP Difference

TwistedAsura

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hello, I'm new to this site but I have been into MBTI for a long time. I thought I would come here to share that I am starting a MBTI discussion YouTube channel. I have only done a few videos so far but my knowledge of MBTI is quite thorough.
If anyone has time check it out and let me know what you think. I enjoy honest feedback, good or bad.
INTJ-INTP Difference - YouTube

Empyrean

Off the cuff:

INTJ - comes off as more serious (but is not really more so). However, INTJs are usually getting shit done in the external, objective world.

INTP - comes off as more playful (but is not really more so). INTPs are generally less caring for realizing external, objective analogs of their internal deliberations.

This is due to the INTP being an Introverted Judger first (Introverted Thinking as a Judging function), and the INTJ being an Extroverted Judger first (Extraverted Thinking as a Judging function -- but the interesting caveat is the INTJ is actually a Dominant perceiver, with Introverted Intuition).

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=31286]TwistedAsura[/MENTION] I didn't really think that the focusing in on an idea like a "vulture" was Te, nor do I view Te as a tool used for refining. You don't think that can be attributed to Ni?

And yes, people do hate when I ask them why they're asking me something. For me the conversation is meaningless without that though.

TwistedAsura

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Off the cuff:

INTJ - comes off as more serious (but is not really more so). However, INTJs are usually getting shit done in the external, objective world.

INTP - comes off as more playful (but is not really more so). INTPs are generally less caring for realizing external, objective analogs of their internal deliberations.

This is due to the INTP being an Introverted Judger first (Introverted Thinking as a Judging function), and the INTJ being an Extroverted Judger first (Extraverted Thinking as a Judging function -- but the interesting caveat is the INTJ is actually a Dominant perceiver, with Introverted Intuition).

I have a short video on this very misconception as I see it a lot in MBTI discussion, people who do not understand INTPs are actually dominate judgers. Thanks for input :)

TwistedAsura

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=31286]TwistedAsura[/MENTION] I didn't really think that the focusing in on an idea like a "vulture" was Te, nor do I view Te as a tool used for refining. You don't think that can be attributed to Ni?

And yes, people do hate when I ask them why they're asking me something. For me the conversation is meaningless without that though.
I agree but I think Te has a small input in the vision process. More so it helps the INTJ decide in which direction their Ni should go. Just as a INFJ would more likely have a harmonious desire than an INTJ.

The whole video making process is new to me and I am still trying to get comfortable with speaking. With time I hope my quality of thoughts and explanations will improve.

Thanks for input ^^

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree but I think Te has a small input in the vision process. More so it helps the INTJ decide in which direction their Ni should go. Just as a INFJ would more likely have a harmonious desire than an INTJ.

The whole video making process is new to me and I am still trying to get comfortable with speaking. With time I hope my quality of thoughts and explanations will improve.

Thanks for input ^^

Alright, I see what you mean.

You did well. Welcome.

Empyrean

I have a short video on this very misconception as I see it a lot in MBTI discussion, people who do not understand INTPs are actually dominate judgers. Thanks for input :)

Yeah. I have a huge amount of respect for people of both NTPs and NTJs, some of whom I know intimately and, some, from afar.

As an INFJ, I find that INTPs are fantastic for clarifying and making explicit various concepts and insights we discover through the higher magnitude Introverted Thinking. INTJs, on the other hand, grasp my intuitions in much the same way, and oftentimes are able to reconceptualize them as having more raw, objective power, as causes and effects on the world. And of course, I have a greater aptitude to translate these concepts to a wider audience in a more concise, articulate, and simple manner, making others receptive to the secret mysteries we've thus pondered.

When working together, all ideas converge and become clearer, sharper, and more easily digestible. Plus, NTs are really, really cute. I can't help by laugh at comments like when my INTJ friend said "when I feel annoyed, I just withdraw into a corner and silently judge everyone and everything," or my ENTJ friend who said "I'd rather have everyone hate me than act inauthentically" (gotta love that inferior Fi).

But really, it warms my heart when you steely-eyed NTJs openly tell me how pleasant I am to be around. I adore and value your presence as well, and I think we all grow stronger by pushing each other with harsh criticism and unrelenting judgement. :cheers:

TwistedAsura

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah. I have a huge amount of respect for people of both NTPs and NTJs, some of whom I know intimately and, some, from afar.

As an INFJ, I find that INTPs are fantastic for clarifying and making explicit various concepts and insights we discover through the higher magnitude Introverted Thinking. INTJs, on the other hand, grasp my intuitions in much the same way, and oftentimes are able to reconceptualize them as having more raw, objective power, as causes and effects on the world. And of course, I have a greater aptitude to translate these concepts to a wider audience in a more concise, articulate, and simple manner, making others receptive to the secret mysteries we've thus pondered.

When working together, all ideas converge and become clearer, sharper, and more easily digestible. Plus, NTs are really, really cute. I can't help by laugh at comments like when my INTJ friend said "when I feel annoyed, I just withdraw into a corner and silently judge everyone and everything," or my ENTJ friend who said "I'd rather have everyone hate me than act inauthentically" (gotta love that inferior Fi).

But really, it warms my heart when you steely-eyed NTJs openly tell me how pleasant I am to be around. I adore and value your presence as well, and I think we all grow stronger by pushing each other with harsh criticism and unrelenting judgement. :cheers:

It's funny that you say that because most everyone i know somewhat closely is an xNFJ. My girlfriend is an ENFJ and 3 of my close friends are ENFJs. I have on every INFJ friend but hes out of state now. One of my ENFJs literally looks forward to times we get to debate. He says I encourage him to view things from a different perspective.

I find NFJs may be a little feely for me but they aren't as over imposing with their thoughts as NTP/Js.

I have a HIGH amount of respect for true INFJs

Empyrean

It's funny that you say that because most everyone i know somewhat closely is an xNFJ. My girlfriend is an ENFJ and 3 of my close friends are ENFJs. I have on every INFJ friend but hes out of state now. One of my ENFJs literally looks forward to times we get to debate. He says I encourage him to view things from a different perspective.

I find NFJs may be a little feely for me but they aren't as over imposing with their thoughts as NTP/Js.

I have a HIGH amount of respect for true INFJs

It varies for individuals.

Some INFJs seem to have very little experience using Ti and are wholly dependent on their Fe. Some, like myself, are constantly engaging my Tertiary and closing off the Aux. I've learned that I need to engage in Fe if I'm to feel healthy, and at this point it's hard to say which is more polished, but Fe is definitely more natural and relaxing.

For example, I feel uncomfortable around ENFJs when they're in extreme Fe-mode and using their Ni-insights as little more than sounding boards or hunches into why their way is the right way, and when I act contrarily, they get frustrated and annoyed, even visibly angry (although they still try to make it harmonic, which I can see right through as pure bullshit, or a deep tension within the self).

And I suppose they may feel the same way when I'm peeling layers upon layers upon layers of abstraction to get to the purest, most distilled insight (this wonderful Ni-Ti), caring little for external or social harmony until I've found this perfect concept and the best way to articulate it.

In many ways, ENFJs and INFJs, depending on their particular functional strengths, can be strangely at odds with one another.

Do you ever feel this way with ENTJs? This deep, uncomfortable tension when you have disagreements in thoughts, values, and concepts? I love this tangent we're flying off to...

TwistedAsura

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It varies for individuals.

Some INFJs seem to have very little experience using Ti and are wholly dependent on their Fe. Some, like myself, are constantly engaging my Tertiary and closing off the Aux. I've learned that I need to engage in Fe if I'm to feel healthy, and at this point it's hard to say which is more polished, but Fe is definitely more natural and relaxing.

For example, I feel uncomfortable around ENFJs when they're in extreme Fe-mode and using their Ni-insights as little more than sounding boards or hunches into why their way is the right way, and when I act contrarily, they get frustrated and annoyed, even visibly angry (although they still try to make it harmonic, which I can see right through as pure bullshit, or a deep tension within the self).

And I suppose they may feel the same way when I'm peeling layers upon layers upon layers of abstraction to get to the purest, most distilled insight (this wonderful Ni-Ti), caring little for external or social harmony until I've found this perfect concept and the best way to articulate it.

In many ways, ENFJs and INFJs, depending on their particular functional strengths, can be strangely at odds with one another.

Do you ever feel this way with ENTJs? This deep, uncomfortable tension when you have disagreements in thoughts, values, and concepts? I love this tangent we're flying off to...
Yes, one reason I tend to not like being around ENTJs is because they often express their thoughts as truth without much perspective thought into it. It's because of preference for Te over Ni. I use the example for Ni as a beautiful statue.

A person with low Ni looks at the statue from the front and creates their opinion. The more trained the Ni the further a person will walk around the statue. If the statue is not cracked from any side then there is no issue. But if the side of it has an issue than someone more trained with Ni is more likely to see this. If a crack is on the back of the statue it is most likely an INJ would notice this. ENJs tend to walk to one or two sides of the statue and openly proclaim their truths. Sometimes they are perfectly right. There are times though when they don't see that crack that we would. In my opinion this is the cause of conflict between Injs and Enjs.