• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: INTJ and ENFP - how they met

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you know their Enneagram? I think E7's have more of a hording factor like [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] mentioned.

My ENFP will keep something that is broken in the hopes of fixing it. Not realizing that what he wants to fix is $10 to replace and not worth the 2 hours of labor.

I don't know how to describe this but it's penny wise, pound foolish. But I don't say anything. Just let him do what he wants but if it's not fixed and still laying around after two months, I'll call him on it.

He usually just goes, "Throw it out" and that's how that goes. Lol.
[MENTION=12103]Poki[/MENTION] what is your ENFPs Enneagram?

I dont know. Havnt really looked at her enneagram wise. I forgot what all the different ones were except 9. Generally people either remind me of a type or not. I generally dont try to type a person.

I personally dislike clutter. Minimalist due to the fact i dont like to clean, but i like clean. Clutter doesnt phase me to much stress wise or anything. Just prefer clean, its nicer and easier to go about life. Its easier to buy again or do without then to maintain it all. She is a dreamer and possibilities so until she gives up or changes that dream or possibility she will hoard. When she is tired of "stuff" though she will finally just chunk it all. she is realizing the less stuff the easier to keep clean. Lots of stuff ontop of tornado is an utter disaster. Bothers her more then it bothers me.

Penny wise...poujd foolish...yes...lmao. its the little things, while the house burns down...lol

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My INTJ dad is a hoarder. I purposefully throw things out without him knowing so he doesnt take it unless i really see a value to him. He does have knowledge of it so he does personally try to watch it so it doesnt get out of hand. His mom was the same way as well as my aunt on his side. I wonder sometimes if its because they grew up so poor and had to make use of what they had that they see everything differently.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm definitely a minimalist, modernist, etc. Basically, my room looks like, or would look if I had the money, like a contemporary art museum. I have black furniture, aluminum and metal accents, a bamboo plant... But that's purely from an aesthetic standpoint and based from a perspective I have of design. But every so often, I can find myself weirdly attached to an object and hold onto it, even if it doesn't fit my aesthetic. Usually that object is tied to a very specific memory that is attributed to an emotion I want to remember.

I actually don't generally throw out many possessions unless I replace it for a newer version, so the only way I can keep my place looking clean and clutter free is to chuck it all in my closets and in storage :D

But tying clutter to NFPs? Eh, I'd say it's less type related and more tied to psychology. Is someone coping with something? Are they protecting themselves against something? Do they have a fear of isolation? On the surface, there could be many, many reasons why someone may be a hoarder, or at a smaller scale, collector, but beneath it all, could present vastly different possibilities.

Clutter is far too broad an umbrella to tie to this type or that, but dig down a level or two within the "clutter" category, and I suspect then, you can start to attribute tendencies with type. I'm sure there IS an NFP region of clutter, it's just not attributed to clutter itself.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I personally dislike clutter. Minimalist due to the fact i dont like to clean, but i like clean. Clutter doesnt phase me to much stress wise or anything. Just prefer clean, its nicer and easier to go about life. Its easier to buy again or do without then to maintain it all. She is a dreamer and possibilities so until she gives up or changes that dream or possibility she will hoard. When she is tired of "stuff" though she will finally just chunk it all. she is realizing the less stuff the easier to keep clean. Lots of stuff ontop of tornado is an utter disaster. Bothers her more then it bothers me.

I lived with a hoarder once, never again. I told my husband that way before we got married, I have no tolerance for it. I do think it may also be a cultural thing, as well as a symptom of mental illness.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am/was like that.

I'll keep things that are momentos and things that I like, or that inspire me, despite being broken. I currently have a flute I havent played in over 15 years and is in desperate need of some maintenance, and I still want to at some point, when i have some cash to spare, repair. Because it's precious to me and part of my childhood.

I also have a lamp that broke in transport over here, that needs some soldering. It belonged to my grandfather. The thing is, I don't know anyone here in Norway that does those type of specific repairs - so it gets pushed down the list, every time. Once I figure out where to go, I'll happily get it fixed.

My collecting useless things coz they might be useful in the future is something that I took with from my mom (IStJ?). She was a genius at saving up coupons for free stuff as we didn't have that much money growing up, so she never let any opportunity to 'hoard' potential useful stuff go by. So, for the first few years when we had our own place, I felt guilty throwing things away that might prove handy one day. It was wasteful, in my eyes.

However, once we had to move abroad and minimise the amount of junk we took with - a task that fell solely to me coz he was already abroad - I took a few months to emotionally say goodbye to it all, and chuck it. I went through all of it 4 times, and when we got to Norway, and unpacked, I chucked another pile. Once we moved into our own place, I chucked yet another shit-ton. It helps to get that mindset regularly, and it does get easier each time. But I doubt it would've happened without that initial, radical push of having to move abroad.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am/was like that.

I'll keep things that are momentos and things that I like, or that inspire me, despite being broken. I currently have a flute I havent played in over 15 years and is in desperate need of some maintenance, and I still want to at some point, when i have some cash to spare, repair. Because it's precious to me and part of my childhood.

I also have a lamp that broke in transport over here, that needs some soldering. It belonged to my grandfather. The thing is, I don't know anyone here in Norway that does those type of specific repairs - so it gets pushed down the list, every time. Once I figure out where to go, I'll happily get it fixed.

My collecting useless things coz they might be useful in the future is something that I took with from my mom (IStJ?). She was a genius at saving up coupons for free stuff as we didn't have that much money growing up, so she never let any opportunity to 'hoard' potential useful stuff go by. So, for the first few years when we had our own place, I felt guilty throwing things away that might prove handy one day. It was wasteful, in my eyes.

However, once we had to move abroad and minimise the amount of junk we took with - a task that fell solely to me coz he was already abroad - I took a few months to emotionally say goodbye to it all, and chuck it. I went through all of it 4 times, and when we got to Norway, and unpacked, I chucked another pile. Once we moved into our own place, I chucked yet another shit-ton. It helps to get that mindset regularly, and it does get easier each time. But I doubt it would've happened without that initial, radical push of having to move abroad.

I can solder ;) trip over here in order :p

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can solder ;) trip over here in order :p

:D See, but it was *damaged* in transport over here. How likely am I to break it again in transport back to Norway after you've been so kind to fix it over there :alttongue:

Incidentally, my dad can solder and would probably be up for fixing it...but that's the same problem - he's in Belgium :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D See, but it was *damaged* in transport over here. How likely am I to break it again in transport back to Norway after you've been so kind to fix it over there :alttongue:

Incidentally, my dad can solder and would probably be up for fixing it...but that's the same problem - he's in Belgium :D

I guess your stuck here then....darn

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION], does she seem ENFP or him INTJ to you?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you have a soldering iron and solder? It is simple to do - you can probably find a good instructional video online.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hard to tell, can't tell if she is INFP or ENFP. I'm going to go with relaxed INFP.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you have a soldering iron and solder? It is simple to do - you can probably find a good instructional video online.

I'm not exactly handy, and I don't want to botch it - the lamp is too precious to me :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am sooooo happy that all of this no longer really applies to me. I never managed to trully see myself in this duo.

Btw there is a clear connection between hoarding and poverty, as well as hoarding and emotional attachment.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I am sooooo happy that all of this no longer really applies to me. I never managed to trully see myself in this duo.

Btw there is a clear connection between hoarding and poverty, as well as hoarding and emotional attachment.

Yup, that's the first thing I tend to think of when I come across some clutter-ridden household. Emotions, emotions, emotions! And not knowing how to deal with them properly.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yup, that's the first thing I tend to think of when I come across some clutter-ridden household. Emotions, emotions, emotions! And not knowing how to deal with them properly.
As the saying goes, cleanliness is next to godliness. Perhaps the corollary is: tidiness is next to dispassion.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
As the saying goes, cleanliness is next to godliness. Perhaps the corollary is: tidiness is next to dispassion.

Since I surround myself with structured mess, I am mere mortal. Not dead, and not God. Basically I like to be able to see everything, otherwise it quite literally is "out of sight out of mind" for me. So things are organized and categorized, but out in the open or in clear containers with post it notes everywhere. I suppose this means my life is filled with a mediocre level of passion, but could use a touch more.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Since I surround myself with structured mess, I am mere mortal. Not dead, and not God. Basically I like to be able to see everything, otherwise it quite literally is "out of sight out of mind" for me. So things are organized and categorized, but out in the open or in clear containers with post it notes everywhere. I suppose this means my life is filled with a mediocre level of passion, but could use a touch more.

20160504_121046.png