• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How the ENTP Shops for Groceries

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
God, I miss American grocery stores.
Also, "Lih-bulbz".

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not an ENTP for the purpose of this thread, but I am thinking of buying several large buckets of dried potatoes. I've already bought 30lbs of rice. Perhaps I need several jars of butter flakes, you know, just in case the world get blown up soon. Definitely need a battery run DVD to watch funny shows and loads of taters to survive the apocalypse.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It doesn't matter if I go in with a list or objective, I see one item on the shelf and even if I went to the store to get the ingredients for one recipe, if that item I find spurs on an interest for tacos, then shoot, that's what I'll end up leaving the store with, all the ingredients for tacos, and not the original recipe. That is of course, I don't first run off to get the ingredients for two to three other dinner ideas I had before the idea of tacos came to mind first.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It doesn't matter if I go in with a list or objective, I see one item on the shelf and even if I went to the store to get the ingredients for one recipe, if that item I find spurs on an interest for tacos, then shoot, that's what I'll end up leaving the store with, all the ingredients for tacos, and not the original recipe. That is of course, I don't first run off to get the ingredients for two to three other dinner ideas I had before the idea of tacos came to mind first.
Even my INTP does better than that. I suppose, though, that we should be glad that you do at least buy groceries.

I buy wild rice online in 25 lb packages because it is much cheaper that way.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Even my INTP does better than that. I suppose, though, that we should be glad that you do at least buy groceries.

I buy wild rice online in 25 lb packages because it is much cheaper that way.

You would be surprised. I have gone a week before, of eating cereal for dinner or spaghetti with butter and parmesan because I didn't get groceries. I assure you though, that other areas of my life are at least somewhat more organized. I do have a wall full of color coded post-its and a to-do list above my desk.

I promise, there is a method to my madness :newwink:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
*wonders how many freaked out stares the dude got while constructing and repeatedly adjusting a corn camera phone stand and talking to the juicy lettuce about his guinea-pig-first priorities*

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You would be surprised. I have gone a week before, of eating cereal for dinner or spaghetti with butter and parmesan because I didn't get groceries. I assure you though, that other areas of my life are at least somewhat more organized. I do have a wall full of color coded post-its and a to-do list above my desk.
But do you actually DO the things on the to-do list, or is it mainly decorative in function, to complement the post-it mosaic?

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
But do you actually DO the things on the to-do list, or is it mainly decorative in function, to complement the post-it mosaic?

Hmm, this comment is just luring me to come back with jokes on top of jokes. Your humor tempts me. But oddly, I'm in a serious vibe so I shall answer you that way.

I work in waves. If I don't feel like working or not in the mood, I won't, or I'll try, but won't be very productive. When I feel a productive mood coming in, I take full advantage of it and get as much done as possible before it leaves and I'm back in a lazy, stare at the sky mood. Working a regular job can be a challenge to this approach, but I can still somewhat apply it and get things done that I need to. I basically work in sprints, then take breaks in between. There is no slow and steady option for me.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you're an ENTP doing grocery shopping alone, you need a camera. That way you can talk to people the whole time.

That was cute.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Back when people could make grocery store shopping fun :cry:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm not an ENTP for the purpose of this thread, but I am thinking of buying several large buckets of dried potatoes. I've already bought 30lbs of rice. Perhaps I need several jars of butter flakes, you know, just in case the world get blown up soon. Definitely need a battery run DVD to watch funny shows and loads of taters to survive the apocalypse.

Hahahaha, quite apropos.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
It's all at my ex-bf's cabin, but I'm okay with that. I have wondered if my obsession with stocking up on toilet paper was mildly psychic of me. :D

I've always been a pantry hoarder, but this has helped me hone in even more on the essentials and better strategies for maximizing my savings.