• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How the ENTP & INTP use Ne Differently?

Metis

That's one of the weirdest videos I've ever seen on MBTI. The conversation between Eric and Zachary is droning on out in the clouds somewhere while this other dude is popping around all over the place, acting like he doesn't know what's going on, but upstaging the conversation that's taking place. And in the end, Eric seems to congratulate Zachary on his insights, and Zachary looks like he's accepting the congratulations. It's like class is over now, and you didn't realize anything was accomplished because you were distracted by the kid who was swiveling his chair and dangling his head over the side of it the whole time with his tongue hanging out and a bored expression.

:wtf::wack:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's one of the weirdest videos I've ever seen on MBTI. The conversation between Eric and Zachary is droning on out in the clouds somewhere while this other dude is popping around all over the place, acting like he doesn't know what's going on, but upstaging the conversation that's taking place. And in the end, Eric seems to congratulate Zachary on his insights, and Zachary looks like he's accepting the congratulations. It's like class is over now, and you didn't realize anything was accomplished because you were distracted by the kid who was swiveling his chair and dangling his head over the side of it the whole time with his tongue hanging out and a bored expression.

:wtf::wack:

Their content tends to suffer from an overabundance of Ne

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As a ENTP who has known a few INTPs in life I can say we use Ne very differently. For me Ne is like breathing I dont even know im using it and I sometimes think I have a very stable and calm mind when outsiders will say I have a very scattered brain and am hard to follow due to my tangents while to me its all logical and stable. INTPs on the other hand use Ne as more of a arm than a way of living so they can kind of turn it on and off unlike Ne doms who for them is a way of life plus its used in more deliberate way to back up the Ti/Si so in some ways like a second language you could say.

Theres also the tert functions influence on the Ne/ ENTPs have Fe meaning they will at times use Fe to mold the dom Ne into some social purpose such as humor or peacemaking or selling a concept or idea while INTPs with their tert Si will use the Ne in a more practical and detailed way.

Metis

Their content tends to suffer from an overabundance of Ne

It's supposed to be a discussion focusing on Ne, though, right? I was expecting that one of the younger men was going to be an INTP and the other an ENTP, and that each was going to give his take on how his type uses Ne, and it would be a discussion among all three of these people. Is Beau supposed to be another INTP? I thought Zachary was the INTP and Beau was the ENTP, but at the end, Eric comments that Beau is an INTP--I think--and that he's been so quiet.

Metis

As a ENTP who has known a few INTPs in life I can say we use Ne very differently. For me Ne is like breathing I dont even know im using it and I sometimes think I have a very stable and calm mind when outsiders will say I have a very scattered brain and am hard to follow due to my tangents while to me its all logical and stable. INTPs on the other hand use Ne as more of a arm than a way of living so they can kind of turn it on and off unlike Ne doms who for them is a way of life plus its used in more deliberate way to back up the Ti/Si so in some ways like a second language you could say.

Theres also the tert functions influence on the Ne/ ENTPs have Fe meaning they will at times use Fe to mold the dom Ne into some social purpose such as humor or peacemaking or selling a concept or idea while INTPs with their tert Si will use the Ne in a more practical and detailed way.

Ok, I've been told that I lose people when I'm talking IRL and that it sounds like I'm just free-associating when I actually am noting analogies, parallels, and connections among ideas. I guess Ne, even though I'm supposedly more I than E in how I usually present myself. (Yeah, I'm navel-gazing again about what type I am, and this whole conversation is for that purpose, again. More or less.)

I was disappointed that Beau didn't have more to say, but I think he was expecting a different format to the discussion, because at the beginning, he kept trying to chime in. Maybe Zachary's more formal treatise-style presentation took him by surprise.

Does Zachary seem like an INTP to you? Not a J?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That seems a fairly accurate assessment of how ENTPs as opposed to INTPs use their respective tertiary functions. Hence that seeming childlike sociability and playfulness that is often evident with ENTPs. Whereas INTPs will use Si as a sort of reinforcement to get people on board with ideas that might otherwise be revolutionary or untried, i.e. "this is how this was done in the past." Si, a great tool for INTPs dealing with skeptical SJs :D

So in the presentation of ideas and theories, would you say ENTPs are more likely to win over skeptics via that Fe consensus-seeking and INTPs are more likely to win skeptics over via presentation of past data and evidence? Or do you think it's something else. Or does it depend on the situation and individual NTP?

It's supposed to be a discussion focusing on Ne, though, right? I was expecting that one of the younger men was going to be an INTP and the other an ENTP, and that each was going to give his take on how his type uses Ne, and it would be a discussion among all three of these people. Is Beau supposed to be another INTP? I thought Zachary was the INTP and Beau was the ENTP, but at the end, Eric comments that Beau is an INTP--I think--and that he's been so quiet.

Honestly, I'll need to rewatch the video as it's been a while since I posted this. I'll get back to you with my impressions.