• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: Recognizing Dominant Intuitives By Their Look

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This is interesting. I would say it is accurate for me. I tend to have classic type clothes, good quality and like colorful shirts.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She's right on some points. Although I think for INFJ's though they're not extremely neat. I think that's more ENFJ than anything if they're going for the flamboyancy. Yeah I have some varied styles and of course I tend to dislike clothes that have holes or even pre-put holes which make no sense to me buy whatsoever.

I've had messy hair for the longest time in my life. But I was also really out there and confused. Now that my hair is shorter I tend to keep it line if I can always trying to look presentable.

I think once judging types see the value in being neat, they'll stick to it. If they feel undervalued I don't think they care as much.

Like I can't stand to see messy places like in restaurants. I won't call them on it but I'll be much less likely to go there. But if it's messy in a clean way. Non food items liked around on let's say only desks, then that's ok.

Although I used to have one of those breaking the pattern shirts and I lost it somehow. It was really nice fabric and a beautiful design. It's out of print now. :/ and for a long while.

I'll try to look out though and maybe I had few more individual differences than she might expect. I mean I don't see miss melody on YouTube as an INFJ. I think she's an ESFJ.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I appreciate the effort this lady put up. But typing people based on their looks is ridiculously shallow. When I read the title I thought she meant the eye-look (the way people gaze when talking or listening). Because at least that would have some validity. I'm an INFJ and I don't dress flamboyant or stylish at all. In fact I wear clothing that deliberately gives nothing away about my tastes or personality, because people in general are judgemental fuckers and this proves it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was hoping for facial expression and the manner of one's eyes. There is a way that I think iNtuitive dominants can have a look in their eyes that implies they are not fully present in reality and the moment - especially Ni-doms. I haven't thought as much about the different look between Ne and Se doms because their extroversion might mask the difference. I can definitely identify the head-trip that Ne-doms take me on. There is a conceptual theme park of ideas that is unmistakable.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I appreciate the effort this lady put up. But typing people based on their looks is ridiculously shallow. When I read the title I thought she meant the eye-look (the way people gaze eyes when talking). Because at least that would have some validity. I'm an INFJ and I don't dress flamboyant or stylish at all. In fact I wear clothing that deliberately gives nothing away about my tastes or personality, because people in general are judgemental fuckers and this proves it.

The TypoC wiki actually has some interesting articles on visual typing. Is that what you meant by an 'eye-look'?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol @ my previous comment

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Lol @ my previous comment

I thought it wasn't that bad. I would type her as an ESFJ too. A type particularly prone to being judgemental. (My mom and one of my best friends are ESFJs and they both have that tendency, and they know it !)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought it wasn't that bad. I would type her as an ESFJ too. A type particularly prone to being judgemental. (My mom and one of my best friends are ESFJs and they both have that tendency, and they know it !)

Yeah I'm still on the line with somewhat of a belief that faces have some correlation to type but at the same time looks aren't everything due to healthiness and priorities in a person's life.

She did simplify quite bad in the video unfortunately. And yes I still hold that MM is ESFJ haha. Yes!

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Hm, I can't say that this hit the nail on the head for me.

I DEFINITELY care about how I look. I won't even go to the grocery store without makeup. But... I am pretty minimalist; I generally only wear tinted moisturizer, mascara, and eye liner. My hair for awhile now has been long and layered, which is intentional so that I can wear it natural with next to no effort and still look good (I aim for wavy usually). I used to straighten my hair daily though and put effort into getting it just so. As for haircuts, I let myself go waaaaay too long. Always have been like that. I used to do 1 haircut a year, and was doing it myself for awhile. My sense of style is not avant garde and I am in fact really turned off by the overly artsy/high end in appearance. I correlate that look to arrogance and materialism which are my top 2 turn offs. I generally approve of people who rock a unique rebellious look though - just can't stand that upper class haute couture look. As my me, I like to look sexy-casual. I like to show off my body through fit and will not wear ill-fitting clothes. Even lounging at home in front of my boyfriends, I like to look cute or sexy so I make sure the t-shirts I wear fit well, whether baggy or fitted. I don't want to look like a stick person in a giant boxy men's shirt; long and lean is the way to go. I describe my look as timeless with a hint of boho and rebel. I wear a lot of black, blue, and grey. I avoid bright bold colors but I have to because I am very fair skinned with pink undertones, so warm colors are out of the question. I don't care much for accessories, but I have a collection of probably more than 20 scarves that I never wear :shrug: I don't wear my jewelry ever either, and I change out my handbags only seasonally 2-3 times a years. I pride myself on looking good but being practical and thrifty; 90% or more of my clothes are bought second hand, and 99% of everything new is bought on sale. I grew up very poor, so no doubt that has probably influenced how I feel about money and practicality. I generally dress to match my mood, and I used to match my undies to my camis everyday. Boots make me feel sexy and powerful and have way too much influence over how I feel for the day and the energy I emit, lol. I don't iron my clothes and am not organized enough to actually put my fucking laundry away, so piles around my room or in baskets are common (I have 2 full-sized closets but no dresser. I have like... 10 things hanging up, lol). I do have ADHD though which makes me less organized and I generally don't care for silly tasks like folding clothes. I won't wear holey things unless it's jeans and it looks rebel or grungey in a good way.

Basically, I care a lot but also not enough :shrug: The paradox continues...

Side note: I love the videos by Thinker on YouTube, whom she referred to. Thinker is a great visual of what an INFJ looks like when trying to communicate thoughts to others and is also why I will never make a video, lol. Beautiful bohemian woman, btw.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
My hair was always long and messy and in need of a haircut because I would get too nervous to go to a hairdresser (social anxiety). I cut my own hair now (I'm terrible at it, but it's hard to notice because my hair is curly).

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I appreciate the effort this lady put up. But typing people based on their looks is ridiculously shallow. When I read the title I thought she meant the eye-look (the way people gaze when talking or listening). Because at least that would have some validity. I'm an INFJ and I don't dress flamboyant or stylish at all. In fact I wear clothing that deliberately gives nothing away about my tastes or personality, because people in general are judgemental fuckers and this proves it.

I constantly dress in a way that radiates my tastes and personality, but if type is to blame, you could probably pin that on the heavy influence of Sx. It would take an effort to mute that, actually. I may not be very vocal at first, but people tend to notice me when I walk into a room.

You'll get clues about someone from their appearance, certainly, but overall I agree with you - that typing based on looks alone is quite shallow.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did wear yellow underneath a black sweater once and some people made a comment about it.

INTJ Appearance

As Judgers, INTJs are more likely to dress properly. But as INTs, they are likely to be detached from the physical world and may fail to see any point in dressing properly. It's a mixed bag for this type, but they do tend to dress better than their muddled NTP cousins.
There's also a characteristic INTJ facial expression, aka "the Death Glare." I couldn't explain it better than this writer, so trot over to her site and read her little article.

source: INTJ Appearance | Oddly Developed Types

But I don't dress to impress and neither do I care. I would prefer wearing shorts and flipflops to the office, but the office rules says you have to wear "decent" clothes. Then again, I don't care much for social norms.