• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game Theory & Misinformation

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Now I have been a fan of Game Theory since the beginning, I absolutely love the series, but this video is so blatantly incorrect that it actually sort of angered me. From asking his audience to take a super inaccurate test to basically encouraging the stereotype of 'Intuitives are smarter than Sensors', it all just felt really disrespectful and left a sour taste in my mouth. Like really? Your channel is dedicated to using real life applications to video games and you'll spend 20 minutes explaining why this fictional kid did incorrect conversions on the properties of a human being, but you can't do a 10 second Google search on MBTI? Really? It's not like this is Astrology, where you read some vague description of something and go "lol omg that is SO me" even though it is so vague and unscientific that anyone can find a way to identify with it. There is actual thought in MBTI. Functions. This video implied that there are 16 types because there are 16 combinations of four letters and that is infuriatingly wrong. There are 16 types because there are 16 combinations of eight varying functions. I would understand if he poorly explained MBTI but this is incorrect.

And honestly, the decision they reference in this video doesn't really have anything to do with Intuition vs Sensation. It is really just dependent on Extroverted vs Introverted Feeling and Thinking. You know, the judging functions. The ones that focus on making decisions? :mad:

Sorry for the rant, but let's talk about this. Thoughts?

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For as in depth ad he gets as an ENTP (which I believe he is, for reasons. But he seems to think he's hybrid.) I would've thought he would get more accurate than this. I usually like his bad puns and obsessive theories for the entertainment it is. I watch many of his videos. But now I hope someone can manage to clarify more on it to him because I thought he'd study it more.

Being "infp" isn't the only way to have far reaching theories and whatnot.

He doesn't know about the other functions clearly.

I'd love to talk about it.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I caught my sister watching that video the other day and had to rant to her about it hahahaha.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For as in depth ad he gets as an ENTP (which I believe he is, for reasons. But he seems to think he's hybrid.) I would've thought he would get more accurate than this. I usually like his bad puns and obsessive theories for the entertainment it is. I watch many of his videos. But now I hope someone can manage to clarify more on it to him because I thought he'd study it more.

Being "infp" isn't the only way to have far reaching theories and whatnot.

He doesn't know about the other functions clearly.

I'd love to talk about it.

I actually think he might be an INFJ. Mainly because I see how Fe is active in his being rather than just a catalyst to fall back on, as it would be with ENTPs.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually think he might be an INFJ. Mainly because I see how Fe is active in his being rather than just a catalyst to fall back on, as it would be with ENTPs.

He said he scored more noticeably on N and P catagories than any other that stood out. So I'm not sure about INFJ. More like ENFP, or ENTP. He's too outwardly expressive to be INFP I would think though. I think I know another ENFP who passionately explained theories on youtube for his channel but got excitable and never really went too in depth with it and also never checked the logic first hand. MattPatt, first thing he does, is always check the logic and what I could identify with him is that when there's a logical inconsistency he noticed or something that made no sense he had to rant about it. Thus making logical accuracy important to him (when he notices it, hes detailed but not detailed enought clearly). That's part of what seemed more ENTP for him. He always has his logical system of understanding he seems to go by.