• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How INTJs Can Make Friends, Influence People, & Improve Relationships

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  • Preface - I read the book he refers to when I was in High School and can attribute it to a fundamental difference and value in my ability to relate to each others, which helped me get what I wanted.

In this video he will talk about how INTJs can win friends and influence people. INTJs are the most dissatisfied with friends - they have few and sometimes none. This video has pointers:
    1. Put yourself in a position where you can interact with people - school, work, clubs - need more contact to have a friend
    2. Need to be friendly and smile. You want to give them something they can read to show you are friendly and approachable. Smile - it makes you appear friendly, Make eye contact, shake their hands
    3. Go into the social situation with some ideas of small talk topics relevant to the event to talk about.
    4. Ask a lot of follow up questions. People love to talk about themselves.
    5. Don't be so rude and blunt. We tend to speak our minds and say whatever we think without considering whether someone would be upset. Benjamin Franklin (ENTP) had this problem - a quaker friend told him - he was blunt, debating, arrogant, rude, abrasive, correcting people, and people got really tired of him. He began to use more open language - i think, i believe and stop debating people. People started to like him more then.
    6. Stop trying to debate everyone. It turns them off. THey don't like being told they are wrong.
    7. Maintain a professional demeanor and attire when you go to an event Dress dress shirt that is neutral, son't swear
    8 Read How to Win Friends and Influence People - Billionaire Warren Buffet said he read it and it helped him.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I liked this a lot. In fact I have incorporated his suggestions in my life and I have noticed I offend a lot less people than I used to. LOL! I have even read How to Win Friends. I recommend it.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cost/benefit fail on a few of these. I don't think any of us are running for Miss Congeniality.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cost/benefit fail on a few of these. I don't think any of us are running for Miss Congeniality.

I would think this would actually slow down an INTJ. Reminds me of a thread a while back on here about the impact of social intelligence.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would think this would actually slow down an INTJ. Reminds me of a thread a while back on here about the impact of social intelligence.
What do you mean? What would slow us down?