• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: ENFP talks about how she deals with stress

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  • I thought this was kind of good and inspiring. Much truth to what she says.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is no way in hell that this person is an ENFP. ESFJ more likely.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Damn It makes me feel quite jaded in my current state. Though honestly some of the things she says I have said a lot. I too wondered if she is ENFP, maybe the bouncyness is more her age and her wanting to emit a positive energy for those watching. I get the impression something personal has spurred her to create this so maybe she had that person in mind and tried to give off a lot of positivity. I really really struggle being that animated just talking to a camera... idk maybe it was rehearsed and acted out.

Things that resonate

"Everything is temporary and will pass"

"try to see the beauty in life"

"things will get better"

"optomism (in general)"

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It does seem she's putting on a bit of a performance, and pulling out energy to try to make it extra uplifting. Also looks like she's referring to some notes to keep her on track for what she's wanting to say. Given all this I think it's hard to actually know her type.

Starry

Damn It makes me feel quite jaded in my current state. Though honestly some of the things she says I have said a lot. I too wondered if she is ENFP, maybe the bouncyness is more her age and her wanting to emit a positive energy for those watching. I get the impression something personal has spurred her to create this so maybe she had that person in mind and tried to give off a lot of positivity. I really really struggle being that animated just talking to a camera... idk maybe it was rehearsed and acted out.

Things that resonate

"Everything is temporary and will pass"

"try to see the beauty in life"

"things will get better"

"optomism (in general)"

I almost quoted you here and asked "what from what she said did you relate to?" ((So glad right now that I caught myself before doing that))

I have been trippin out big time lately on how common it is for ESFJ 2s to believe they are xNFP 4 (if female - generally undecided between ENFP & INFP) or ENFP 7 (if male). It's kinda massive really and like I just told pink I have wanted to start a thread on it but still don't feel like I understand it enough yet to deal with the zero responses it would receive.

This is another example of it and it's the Positive Outlook that's resonating.

fwiw - I used to deal with stress by smokin reefer. Now that I'm healthy I just allow myself to feel like I'm coming out of my skin until I forget all about what caused me stress in the first place :wink:

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She's too happy. No-one is that happy, not even an ESFJ.
I'm waiting for the sparkles to fly out of her butt and rainbows from her mouth xD
Seriously, I dislike people that act all rehearsed and 'fake'. It annoys me to no end.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I almost quoted you here and asked "what from what she said did you relate to?" ((So glad right now that I caught myself before doing that))

I have been trippin out big time lately on how common it is for ESFJ 2s to believe they are xNFP 4 (if female - generally undecided between ENFP & INFP) or ENFP 7 (if male). It's kinda massive really and like I just told pink I have wanted to start a thread on it but still don't feel like I understand it enough yet to deal with the zero responses it would receive.

This is another example of it and it's the Positive Outlook that's resonating.

fwiw - I used to deal with stress by smokin reefer. Now that I'm healthy I just allow myself to feel like I'm coming out of my skin until I forget all about what caused me stress in the first place :wink:

I agree there are similarities and overlap in how the two can come across.

I have a coworker who is either esfj or enfp, and I am not sure which she is tbh. What complicates things is she has had several concussions, starting with a car accident and now she's super sensitive and so can get new concussions easily. So she's already having cognitive and memory issues due to that, and though she's super flakey and spacey, I don't know what she was like before her cognition became kind of 'random', for lack of a better word (btw I'm not equating that with enfp, there's a for-sure enfp I work with who doesn't come across as flakey at all, though her Ne dom is incredibly obvious). She's very very F though, which almost makes me want to lean towards esfj, even though she doesn't seem very 'J' at all. I don't know. Edit: The more I think about it, I bet she's esfj, when I compare her to for-sure enfp's. In summary: I agree with you. :smile:

Starry

I agree there are similarities and overlap in how the two can come across.

I have a coworker who is either esfj or enfp, and I am not sure which she is tbh. What complicates things is she has had several concussions, starting with a car accident and now she's super sensitive and so can get new concussions easily. So she's already having cognitive and memory issues due to that, and though she's super flakey and spacey, I don't know what she was like before her cognition became kind of 'random', for lack of a better word (btw I'm not equating that with enfp, there's a for-sure enfp I work with who doesn't come across as flakey at all, though her Ne dom is incredibly obvious).

I actually appreciate you bringing up the flake-factor because it ties in huge with a trend I notice between the two. Actual ENFPs take themselves quite seriously for the most part and I generally detect a desire to downplay/hide many of the "flaws" we're known for. Like I've explained to another ENFP member...there's shame in that for us and we don't take that for granted. Whereas the mistypes seem to amp it up as a point of pride...they are commonly expressing how <this> they are. They are all of what we've been fighting to change and suppress since entry into the public school system. Very odd.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually appreciate you bringing up the flake-factor because it ties in huge with a trend I notice between the two. Actual ENFPs take themselves quite seriously for the most part and I generally detect a desire to downplay/hide many of the "flaws" we're known for. Like I've explained to another ENFP member...there's shame in that for us and we don't take that for granted. Whereas the mistypes seem to amp it up as a point of pride...they are commonly expressing how <this> they are. They are all of what we've been fighting to change and suppress since entry into the public school system. Very odd.

This is interesting. I also notice it with some estj's: They completely amp up the Ne randomness, via their humor especially. Whereas Ne doms....don't really need to 'try' re that. It's not in your face with Ne doms imo.

Edit: With ESxJ's it almost comes across like Ne is a 'game' for them. They flaunt it, in a way. vs enxp's just ARE Ne.

Starry

This is interesting. I also notice it with some estj's: They completely amp up the Ne randomness, via their humor especially. Whereas Ne doms....don't really need to 'try' re that. It's not in your face with Ne doms imo.

"You want the Ne? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE Ne."

I've always thought that it was a good thing most Ne doms are 7s because optimism is a good way to combat perpetually feeling like a total alien from another planet.

Tert Ne is fun. Dom Ne scares people so we keep a lid on it. haha

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I've always thought that it was a good thing most Ne doms are 7s because optimism is a good way to combat perpetually feeling like a total alien from another planet.

Tert Ne is fun. Dom Ne scares people so we keep a lid on it.

I can definitely empathize (or would it be sympathoze? lol) with Ne doms. I'm an insanely far cry from Ne dom but I know them pretty well and I understand what you're saying / what you experience. :hug: And yeah, tert Ne being'fun' is a good summary of it.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
In relation to the stereotype that ENFPs are spacy/forgetful/can't manage deadlines:
I don't think they are spacy in the traditional sense (forgetting that they have an appointment or forgetting to lock the door or forgetting to turn in their homework assignments). It's more that they make a conscious decision about what their priorities are. I don't find ENFPs to be "irrational"

As an xxFJ, I appear completely spacy/flaky and don't get things done... but that's because I am having a bad time these days/not sure if I am properly "happy" with my situation.

I am not sure if I'd classify myself as an Ne user at all, but others on this forum definitely have. I am still trying to decide if I have Ne at all!!

I would love to come up with an all-ecompassing theory that explains this situation 1000% lol.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I think Ne doms are not really aware of their Ne-dom so much :smile:. I don't really see myself as the Will.I.Am space station future cadet type... though he's likely ENFJ anyways. I think I am more serious in general, the way I use Ne is just everyday life stuff... I just make a crap tons of connections, constantly want to know the why's of something and where I could take it, always seeing the what could be rather than the what is... with the constant seemingly unconnected trails mostly they don't even translate to most people... but some can be magical... I think this is where the half moron half genius label comes from for enfp's. I always though Caboose (red versus blue) was a likely candidate for enfp.

In relation to the stereotype that ENFPs are spacy/forgetful/can't manage deadlines:
I don't think they are spacy in the traditional sense (forgetting that they have an appointment or forgetting to lock the door or forgetting to turn in their homework assignments). It's more that they make a conscious decision about what their priorities are. I don't find ENFPs to be "irrational"

As an xxFJ, I appear completely spacy/flaky and don't get things done... but that's because I am having a bad time these days/not sure if I am properly "happy" with my situation.

I am not sure if I'd classify myself as an Ne user at all, but others on this forum definitely have. I am still trying to decide if I have Ne at all!!

I would love to come up with an all-ecompassing theory that explains this situation 1000% lol.

Honestly I do the bolded frequently (except keys, i'm good with keys). I wish I didn't, it's not conscious thought processes that decide this is weak Ti I believe. When I see my own vids compared to other ENFP vids that are on youtube... where they are self professed ENFP's making vids to enlighten others into the runnings of an ENFP mind I do think I probably come across far more as idk maybe a ESTJ...? Theres an old one of me someone where... I might make a new one. I can't fein authenticity, i'll probably be pretty flat. ESFJ I have noticed can be much more jump up and down excited...especially about seeing friends etc...

/blathering on

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I

Honestly I do the bolded frequently. I wish I didn't, it's not conscious thought processes that decide this is weak Ti I believe. When I see my own vids compared to other ENFP vids that are on youtube... where they are self professed ENFP's making vids to enlighten others into the runnings of an ENFP mind I do think I probably come across far more as idk maybe a ESTJ...? Theres an old one of me someone where... I might make a new one. I can't fein authenticity, i'll probably be pretty flat. ESFJ I have noticed can be much more jump up and down excited...especially about seeing friends etc...

/blathering on

oh hahaha, it's good to blather on! And sorry; whereas I am "pretty sure" that the people I was referring to are ENFP, they are probably not representative of ENFPs. I mean, they are not hardcore "turn things in on time" and their rooms do have a lot more random *cough*useless*cough* stuff compared to mine, placed ...really randomly, I feel like they really is a method to their ways even when one of them forgets where she placed her glasses. I knew them when I was in undergrad school, so this is what I am basing it off of. I may not be telling you the full story, as I know that some of their friends WOULD call them spacy... it's just that they are not ...TO ME. Maybe it's because I never actually lived with them. And those who do call them spacy DO live with them (like in the same dorm. I only visited to do homework with them).

I do call my current roommate spacy, though (I don't know what type she is, though). Because the trash can could be full... but she'll still think she can add more trash to it and I am like "....no... can't you see it's stuffed?" It's more that she is just slow to process things physically. I could be wrong ...but the girls I have typed as ENFPs would know it's stuffed... it's just that they wouldn't want to take care of it right away.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

There is so much in your post that makes me laugh because it resonates with things I have said or noticed with my ENFP.

Drunk ENFP can be Ne scary lol. Like, "Shhhhh....no one knows what you're talking about except for you.":wacko::laugh:

I do enjoy the reefer on occasion (he doesn't) and while high, I tend to understand him better - in hindsight. I'll think about something he said and something will click and I'll know what he meant by it in his way, not my initial take. It's like it translates his ENFPness.

This is not why I smoke but it is a strange byproduct. I actually told him the way he sees life is so different I have to be high to completely understand it.

So, alien from another planet is accurate.

As far as ESFJ's and ENFP's. Man, I can always tell these two apart.

ESFJs no matter what they do always make it about others or being in service to others as a priority. They will often wear themselves out - and let you know they are worn out. Then they are cool until they wear themselves out again. Ad nauseum.

ENFP's are better at not talking about being worn out. They tend to withdraw more than ESFJ's when stressed. I would describe ESFJ's as self-sacrificing where I would never use that word for ENFP's. Too much Fi to ever truly be in service to others without also being in service to themselves. It has to line up.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i get estp 7w6, probably so/sp. she does the whole eye roll thing, really visual, and most of the lessons are the simplest e7 ones about how time works and how to trust it better (in the kind of fake feel good story way rather than focusing just on truly how to objectify the art of creative process, living included).

the enfps i know have a much more complex value sense. some are just as resistant to really going down there to the deeper stuff, bc they can be afraid of themselves (not an uncommon e7 thing). however, when they're down, you can see their critical energy come thru pretty strongly (also take things more personally than they would have before and get more easily outraged). if they get thru that and totally start to disappear, they're like thru the e1 part all the way to the e4 part, where most have very few resources to deal with it constructively. i mean, even just watching a seemingly super capable e1 fall into that and panic kind of puts into perspective how shitty it is to be caught in shame. the extra feeling complexity, then, is a bit murkier to deal with, because they can't ever really get away from themselves or figure out how to ask for help, bc they're so used to not having to do that and ever be the person who was the drain rather than energizing.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok so, gonna put my old vid up here for comparison.... it's from 2011... I might actually do a new one but i'd be interested to hear if other think I am more or less like an ENFP that the vid in the op...

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A

Make it, I'll contribute.