• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: Why Him! Why Her! by Helen Fisher Understanding Your Personality Type

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  • Helen Fisher reading her book, "Why Him! Why Her!"

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I remember reading this book a few years back. I think I liked Myers-Brigg better. Why Him and Why Her only tells four personalities. Myers-Brigg tells sixteen.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remember reading this book a few years back. I think I liked Myers-Brigg better. Why Him and Why Her only tells four personalities. Myers-Brigg tells sixteen.

Actually, there are 16 in this system too. 4 basic ones.
Director
Explorer
Negotiator
Builder

And 16 combinations because you are primary one thing and secondarily another. I test as Director/Explorer for example.

It's like Kiersey Temperaments (kind of)

They say this has a biological basis in terms of what chemicals you have a lot of though, which is a different spin.

KitchenFly

Actually, there are 16 in this system too. 4 basic ones.
Director
Explorer
Negotiator
Builder

And 16 combinations because you are primary one thing and secondarily another. I test as Director/Explorer for example.

It's like Kiersey Temperaments (kind of)

They say this has a biological basis in terms of what chemicals you have a lot of though, which is a different spin.

Actually I think it would tern out to be 36 combinations highlander or at least 36 possibilities but 4 and 16 is good..

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually I think it would tern out to be 36 combinations highlander or at least 36 possibilities but 4 and 16 is good..

I guess it depends on how you look at it. If you're talking about the ordering of all four, then you're right. If you are talking about the top two (which is what their profile has), I may be wrong. It's not 16, it's 12, unless you assume there can be a director/director type.

KitchenFly

I guess it depends on how you look at it. If you're talking about the ordering of all four, then you're right. If you are talking about the top two (which is what their profile has), I may be wrong. It's not 16, it's 12, unless you assume there can be a director/director type.

I was being polite I knew 16 was not right unless there are two for each of eight of the the nine points on the enneagram but in reality what would be required is an additional two a set pair and another set pair, then there would be two for each Point of the Nine Points.

With 36 there can be all four at each of the nine points of the enneagram.

With twelve for each of the nine enneagram types three sets of four would possibly be a good stating point for the activities of the three instincts (sexual, social, self preservation) but there are six instinctual variants that all types are capable of expressing and do express even if in a controlled manner, within a neutral negative positive three into three paradigm.

So there maybe sets 1, 2, 4, 12, 16, 36. And an seventh for the multiplicity of possibility within the flux. I say this because there are factors like the nine levels of Health and one quarter of 36 equals nine and there is a posable factor that when an individual reaches the optimum of phycological awareness having had made the Law of three happen within, all four may operate equal and the synergy may have much to do with the State of Being Third Force Conches. As a reconciled individual with the law of three I think it is very posable an a weakness to all four chemicals maybe part of the receptive mind set.

So if there is a link with the eight master genes and the role of the four chemicals then 1, 2, 4, 9, 12, 16, 36 and a Seventh or in this sum an eighth number value but I would think that an eighth number value would be the total sum of moving parts, nine lots of 75 maybe a good starting point 675 but that is only an assumption on my behalf.

675 divided by 3 = 225
225 divided by 25 = 11

21 + 4 = 25 ,
9 multiplied by 25 = 225 ,
9 multiplied by 21 = 189 ,
225 - 189 = 36.

There are four chemicals for the four attraction types, there are four chemicals for DNA, and there are four chemicals for RNA. So Twelve is a good number to and twelve is in the middle of the the number sequence, four from the left and four from the right. 1, 2, 4, 12, 16, 36, 675

That idea is an interesting idea four chemical sets at each of the nine point of the enneagram. I like it. Nine points, four options in an order 1-4 , it could explain much about set differences between people, metaphorically speaking like part of a fingerprint of an individual's type.

KitchenFly

I am enjoying the book on tape you have sheared highlander, great topic thanks for posting it. I sill need to work out my type.

Last edited: