• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: The INTP Functions

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

• INTP describes their cognitive functions. I think this is really pretty good.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Not bad. "Passable", as my father would say. However, she does almost describe Fe as a means of gathering information which isn't right and it's another view of a young INTP which means it lacks nuance but perhaps that adds to the clarity. Again I worry about the instinct to separate people based on type instead of explaining them.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Not bad. "Passable", as my father would say. However, she does almost describe Fe as a means of gathering information which isn't right and it's another view of a young INTP which means it lacks nuance but perhaps that adds to the clarity. Again I worry about the instinct to separate people based on type instead of explaining them.

I don't think type can explain people. It's putting category to pattern, but it isn't explaining the source of the pattern. Jung never got beyond heuristics, his own heuristics.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I don't think type can explain people. It's putting category to pattern, but it isn't explaining the source of the pattern. Jung never got beyond heuristics, his own heuristics.
True enough to doesn't give the answers but I do believe it provides a language to help understanding, which I consider more important than flat out knowledge in this case. Being able to communicate why an INTP may seem emotionless to others and what to look for if you want to be able to read an INTP, these are helpful things for those who have to deal with INTPs.

Of course the counter problem is that once you think you've got an understanding someone comes along who challenges that concept. This is what should prevent people from forming boxes for types but I've seen a lot of knee jerk reactions to instead try to look at a different type to ascribe instead of understanding the person in front of them.

I think that once you consider type before considering the person, you've just run off at a tangent.