• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: Bill Gates: INTP or ENTJ?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  • A video examining the claims of an earlier video, which proposed that Bill Gates' personality type was INTP. Around 8:00 they call erroneously call Melinda Gates "Melissa Gates". Sorry about the mistake.* * *

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can see INTP, especially for the way in which he achieved success. INTPs have that poker player business sense like no one else. They are the ones capable of new insights into Game Theory and so forth. Ne funneled through Ti can negotiate the environment in this manner. They maximize insightful strategy over tenacious hard work. They don't keep trying and trying and working for the goal, they invent something new and come at the world sideways.

TrueMirror

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I see him as an INTJ. He is decisive. He doesn't really extrovert intuition. Did he build a new operating system? Kind of. He stole most of it. Look at Paul Wosniac, inventor of the mac os, that is extroverted intuition at its finest. Gates really is a singularly focused individual who strategizes extensively at every decision point. He is a mastermind in general. Is he a shrewd businessman? Not really..that is more like trump. Is he a masterful strategist? Yes. But he is singular. He doens't balance ten things at once. He really does hunker down on a single item, and he delivers exponentially on it. He uses the windfall to employee others who are more competent in those areas. He is almost the opposite of Elon Musk. He also leveraged his fathers legal ties and had many dishonest practices early on in his career during which he emerged victorious. He is the quintessential evil mastermind.

TrueMirror

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
FYI - Steve Jobs is not an INTJ...absolutely no way. He is the frontman of a team...if anything he is an ENFP or ENTP...but no way in hell an intj.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Gates: TiNe/INTP
Musk: TiSi/INTP
Jobs: NiFi/INTJ

No, this isn't looping. It's a preference for internally processing and organizing before attending to the external functions.

???

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
Hmm, I guess I don't hold a popular opinion.
But I don't think he values or prefers subjective logic. It just doesn't fit his lifestyle or anything he's done or achieved in his life. Maybe if he was a physicist coming up with new theories and models or something, I could see it and INTP would make sense. But he has spent his entire life pursuing goal after goal and acquiring knowledge for the ingenuity and utility it has in doing that. He has a much more directive personality, something much more relatable to Te, it seems. But it would be interesting to see an INTP be so successful. There's probably one out there somewhere, but probably keeping a low profile or something.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Gates: INTP
Musk: ENTP
Jobs: ENTJ

???

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
^ [MENTION=34350]Norexan[/MENTION] K. So how do you figure?
Cause no one really knows how you came to those conclusions, without some form of explicit reasoning and explanation.
And the people that have different conclusions have no reason to change them, while those that already hold such conclusions are just getting a nice confirmation bias. :shrug:

But I don't know whatever. Every now and then I try to get into a discussion on stuff like this in many places and I just wish sometimes people would seek to agree on things more. My own problem, I know, but still. It's like wth, why bother, for everyone involved.