• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ Musicians

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20691]atlascatcher[/MENTION], I'm a big fan of Ólafur Arnalds.

atlascatcher

MBTI Type
NiFe
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=20691]atlascatcher[/MENTION], I'm a big fan of Ólafur Arnalds.

I haven't heard a ton of his music but I like what I've heard so far! A friend suggested to me he was an INFJ 5w4 and after watching a couple interviews I agreed so I thought to include him here.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have never crossed a cold INFJ :thinking: They can seem unreachable, fragile... but their insight on their deep feelings is a real strength.
It seems that INTJ and INFJ have the same demeanour when talking of a subject they like. However, their look is so very different. I know some INFJ artists much more than INTJ (most of them enjoy research and are not fond of art). Once INFJ can master their feelings, they are often great. I have a very good example around me...

yeah, i didn't phrase it well. what i mean is that INTJs can come across cold and hard but clearly soft and fragile underneath, and INFJs are more complicated just from what you see right in front of you: they're guarded yet warm, super accomodating yet discerning. i don't see that INFJness in trent. he is such an INTJ

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah, i didn't phrase it well. what i mean is that INTJs can come across cold and hard but clearly soft and fragile underneath, and INFJs are more complicated just from what you see right in front of you: they're guarded yet warm, super accomodating yet discerning. i don't see that INFJness in trent. he is such an INTJ

Look at his eyes. Listen to the words he uses. To me he is not an INTJ. But Yes...I understand very well what you mean now;)
INTJ don't look super accommodating to what I know from them...

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you guys think of Kevin Shields from MBV? INFJ, INTP or INFP?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I would say there are not many chances for him to be INFP. Where is Fi ? No melancholy.

To me he sounds like an INTP. He explains his internal world with many controlled gestures.

He get enthusiastic when speaking of his own discoveries.

It is said INTP build their own internal logic in a spatial way.

I can't imagine him being INFJ. INFJ sounds much more focus on symbolism than technical details (Ni).

I don't know if I'm right but it seems INFJ trust more their instinct 1st, then their ideas.

INTP sounds to me pretty much "mental".

I don't know if it is true for all INTP/INFJ artists : INFJ exudes dark shadows. I don't feel that with who I think is an INTP.

This "try to guess his/her type" game is very interesting but too much subtle to be right, for us, amateur observers...

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
trent reznor reminds me of every INTJ i've ever known. the pain is so pure, so fi. i was just listening to his song where it goes 'there is no you, there is only me.' it reminded me of how every Fi user kinda contains their own universe inside of them, and it's kind of aligned with buddhist philosophy of the self being the only thing that exists and also how it doesn't exist at all.

he has a VERY INTJ demeanor... INFJs just have such a different feeling about them. he is too hard and fragile at the same time. INFJs don't come off cold in quite the same way.
Not sure how I feel about typing someone from their lyrics, but I agree about INTJ. Not because of "pure" Fi, but because of clearly non-dominant Fi and stronger Te, in his interviews. He vibes like every INTJ I know, as well, and when he acts like an asshole (i.e. frequently), he acts like an asshole in a totally non-INFJ way. For example: when I saw him live, the first time he spoke to the audience was right before the last song of the show, asking if we had requests. Then he waited a minute or two for someone to request the song HE wanted to play -- ignoring everyone else's requests -- and made some self-satisfied comment in the affirmative, and then started playing.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not sure how I feel about typing someone from their lyrics, but I agree about INTJ. Not because of "pure" Fi, but because of clearly non-dominant Fi and stronger Te, in his interviews. He vibes like every INTJ I know, as well, and when he acts like an asshole (i.e. frequently), he acts like an asshole in a totally non-INFJ way. For example: when I saw him live, the first time he spoke to the audience was right before the last song of the show, asking if we had requests. Then he waited a minute or two for someone to request the song HE wanted to play -- ignoring everyone else's requests -- and made some self-satisfied comment in the affirmative, and then started playing.

I only saw him in some videos. All I can do is trying to compare him to my own experiences due to MBTI knowledge + comparing his speech/behaviours to my past/actual surrounding.
If you saw him in a LIVE concert and could feel his vibes, that is for sure quite different...

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Look at his eyes. Listen to the words he uses. To me he is not an INTJ. But Yes...I understand very well what you mean now;)
INTJ don't look super accommodating to what I know from them...

his eyes are INTJ. he has that hard exterior and Fi vulnerability underneath. he doesn't aim to please in the least.

renee592

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Tori Amos ———— INFP - I don’t get INFJ vibes from her and I am an uber fan since '96.
Marilyn Manson ———— YES INFJ
George Harrison (The Beatles) ———— YES INFJ
Leonard Cohen ———— YES INFJ
Annie Clark (St. Vincent) ———— YES INFJ! Love her

the others, I don’t know

JenniferCheck

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so

Basically, he says that INFJ musicians:

- Go for profound/deep expression in their music; the meaning and message
- Tend to be very creative
- Aren't very graceful in the physical world; won't be great dancers or dynamic performers
- Are hyperaware of the feelings of others around them and they will try to affect those feelings

Famous ones he says are INFJs are:
RZA (Wu-Tang Clan)
Tori Amos
Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails)
Layne Staley (Alice In Chains)
Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac)
Mindy Gledhill
Tegan Rain Quin (Tegan and Sara)
Pete Townshend (The Who)
Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue)
Yanni
Jessie Baylin
Marilyn Manson
George Harrison (The Beatles)
Lisa Loeb
Bill Ward (Black Sabbath)
Peter Gabriel
Leonard Cohen
Roger Waters (Pink Floyd)
Roland Orzabal (Tears for Fears)
Ali Handal
Kara Shaw
Annie Clark (St. Vincent)

Do you think these things are accurate?

[MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION] [MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION]
I'm really confused by some of these typings. IMO Layne is an ISFP and Trent an obvious INTJ. You can spot the Ni-Fi in his lyrics from a mile away.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm really confused by some of these typings. IMO Layne is an ISFP and Trent an obvious INTJ. You can spot the Ni-Fi in his lyrics from a mile away.
Others disagreed with several of those typings too

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know Layne as a musician, but I completely agree about Reznor. I read and deduced about his creative process that he is very INTJ as well. From what I remember he has hundreds of files and works mostly on the computer (yes I realize that isn't exactly type related) but there is something very technical and industrious about his process. Also, I'm very deep in the musician realm, so have worked and known a wide range, and even people in electronic music can be way more sensory experience based. Se inferior artists can still have a potency about their sensory expression, but it is different than high Se. It can sometimes be an overcompensation, opposites sort of thing to their actual experience. I think some Ni-dom Se-inferiors express extreme sensory things artistically, but it is actually an abstraction for them and not the same as actual sensory immersion if that makes sense.

I know this is an older example, but Jimi Hendrix has really high Se and it's very sensory immersion, and he also talked in a way that some would want to call him a Ni-dom, but for some reason I can see Se drives it foundationally, and I think he is ISFP. I think Steve Vai is an ISTP. He has very high Se and physicality mastery of his instrument, and he delves into the Ni realm, but not with the same sort of mastery as a Ni-dom.

Yanni as an INFJ. :D IDK maybe. I could see him self-typing as INFJ though.

I agree with at least half of that list. Roger Waters, yes. Stevie Nicks, yes. Marilyn Manson, yes. Tori Amos, I think so.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know why the guy deleted the video. It was very professionally done.

Fixed. Guess he changed the URL

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Glad someone said Marilyn Manson already. George Harrison is INFJ too, which someone also said haha. J. Cole is also INFJ as well.