• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Helen Fisher - Why People Fall In Love

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Basic tutorial on Fisher's system

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Proud Negotiator/Explorer!!!! :solidarity:

á´…eparted

passages
Interesting talk. I wasn't totally watching it with intent, but it's good to know that this isn't just hot air, and they have some scientific support of what they're studying. That said, she's an anthropologist and this isn't quite her field, so I'm a slight bit dubious for that reason. I also think the system is too formulaic for what it's trying to answer, but I get why they made it the way they did. It's for a dating site, it's got to be easy for the consumer to digest.

And I'm a Builder/Director :D.

Mole

Permabanned
To my surprise I find I have a dominant estrogen/oxytocin brain. And I am like Charles Darwin and Bill Clinton.

Who knew?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do like her research - and this is probably a better system than MBTI to follow when it comes to dating. I know I tend to find myself identifying director/explorers almost instinctively - no matter their mbti type

Mole

Permabanned
So what do I do knowing I have an estrogen/oxytocin dominent brain?

The first thing is to relax. I know I make many connections fast and I know many can't keep up with me so I have repressed this. I think I will be able to enjoy it more. Perhaps in dance and poetry.

So who am I attracted to? I have been attracted to directors, less so to builders and explorers. But what about fellow negotiators?

I could crowd source and ask you what do think someone with a dominent estrogen/oxytocin brain could do or should do?

Mole

Permabanned
With a dominent estrogen/oxytocin brain, what do I like?

I think I most like a free flowing imagination. However it is vital this is balanced by good reality contact. It's as though they are in a dance with each other, one needs the other as a partner, for imagination without reality lacks substance, and reality without imagination lacks magic.