• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP's hater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Is that what I actually am?

It certainly seems to be a part of who you are.

Maybe you're not, but, if I were you, I would definitely consider it a strong possibility.

At the very least, you seem to have plenty of the traits associated with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

badger055

Permabanned
Why do the STP's hate 6's? :laugh:

I value stuff like independence and independent thinking. 6s are literally a type made to do the opposite of that. It's like god made a type specifically to hate me.

Plus they are super annoying with how they won't shut up about their insecurities and everything that comes out of their mouths is wrong. As you can see in this thread anyone who hates 6s is a 6 to them. They think that only because they are projecting about how they would be projecting. Projectception. Projecting is their psychological defense.

Psychological defenses: Sixes use the defense mechanism of projection to avoid personal rejection and maintain a self image of being "loyal." (Projection is a way of attributing to others what one can't accept in oneself, both positive and negative qualities.)

[MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION]

The business plan thing and the video thing sound amazingly petty and/or incompetent but I'm not sure they're type-related ... especially the video procrastination thing. What makes you think they're the hallmark of 6s rather than just ... well, people who suck?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I value stuff like independence and independent thinking. 6s are literally a type made to do the opposite of that.

Completely false.

Again, you're only addressing one of the three different subtypes of 6s.

The other two are the exact opposite of what you said.

You really need to read some books on the enneagram.

It's like god made a type specifically to hate me.
Or like you really hate yourself.

...and everything that comes out of their mouths is wrong.

:rolleyes:

Honestly, kid, how old are you?

As you can see in this thread anyone who hates 6s is a 6 to them.

Actually, I said specifically that that was not the case above.

They think that only because they are projecting about how they would be projecting. Projectception. Projecting is their psychological defense.
Projecting is a way of attributing to others what one can't accept in oneself.

Are you even aware of how well that quote might apply to you?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
It certainly seems to be a part of who you are.

Maybe you're not, but, if I were you, I would definitely consider it a strong possibility.

At the very least, you seem to have plenty of the traits associated with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Can you give an example?

Is it still narcissism if all of it is fucking true? Yes, I see how I can appear to be a narcissist.

Grandiose visions of the future, thinking people are jealous of me, talking about how good I am at everything... Yes I'm aware of these things. Just because someone is holding a knife doesn't mean he's a killer.

Maybe I'm just the most honest person you've ever met. Maybe I mean what I say and say what I mean. Lotta people in this world wanna destroy what they don't understand.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Can you give an example?

Probably best to just look them up yourself.

If you're honest with yourself, I think you'll see plenty of similarities.

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder-symptoms

Is it still narcissism if all of it is fucking true?

Don't you live in a parking lot and have a business that's losing money, forcing you to have to take another job, in a complete different part of the country, to try and keep it afloat?

Perhaps your self-assessment is a little bit out of proportion with reality.

And that's not even to take away from you; look, power to you for what you're doing; it's a road most people aren't bold and brave enough to take; and, frankly, I wish you the best, and hope you make it. Honestly.

Also I'm not saying you haven't done awesome things and aren't a highly talented person.

Look, for years I said the exact same thing you just did.

I've got a resume that very few people have, and, frankly, from what I can tell, it would probably blow yours out of the water.

So I get that perhaps you really are just awesome and yada yada yada.

Trust me, I get it.

You probably in some sense are "superior" to the vast majority of people out there.

But you probably should still seriously look into NPD.

I have for myself, and continue to do so on a regular basis.

It really can't hurt, and it very well could help.

Even if it's just to know how you're not.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
To address your additions:

Yes, I see how I can appear to be a narcissist.

Grandiose visions of the future, thinking people are jealous of me, talking about how good I am at everything... Yes I'm aware of these things. Just because someone is holding a knife doesn't mean he's a killer.

Maybe I'm just the most honest person you've ever met. Maybe I mean what I say and say what I mean. Lotta people in this world wanna destroy what they don't understand.

Yes, maybe this is all true.

And I have said almost these exact same things. A lot.

But maybe you're (also) a narcissist.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Don't you live in a parking lot and have a business that's losing money, forcing you to have to take another job, in a complete different part of the country, to try and keep it afloat?

Perhaps your self-assessment is a little bit out of proportion with reality.

And, honestly, I'm not saying you haven't done awesome things and aren't a highly talented person.

Look, for years I said the exact same thing you just did.

I've got a resume that very few people have, and, frankly, it would probably blow yours out of the water.

So I get that perhaps you really are just awesome and yada yada yada.

Trust me, I get it.

You probably in some sense are "superior" to the vast majority of people out there.

But you probably should still seriously look into NPD.

I have for myself, and continue to do so on a regular basis.

It really can't hurt, and it very well could help.

Even if it's just to know how you're not.

Are you looking to prove yourself?

Here's a little tidbit on estps. We foam at the mouth to meet someone who thinks they're better than us at what we do...

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
oh PS: I wouldn't call 50% growth for the last 5 months a failing business, and living like a hobo in a parking lot is a valuable life skill. To be rich, one must first learn to be poor, and being poor means cold showers and living in a parking lot.

If you keep watching my vids, you just might learn some things you never had the courage to learn on your own.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What I will say is that the bolded is nonsense

Nonsense? Lol?

I really didn't think it was nonsensical sentence.

Reason being: That sentence is not supposed to be taken literally as a stand alone sentence. The previous sentence gives the context.

Meaning there's no one but them who can know (or come close enough to approximate certainty (cause we can never fully know anything) ) that they identify with that type.

If I say I identify with a type, I identify with it. No one knows that feeling but me.

Now that that's cleared up. I know what you are saying. Because I understand (or think I understand what you're getting at.)

If someone says "You're just like your mother." I would not see it. But that's all that the other people around me see. Then sure, if my sentence was taken literally, then other people may have a fresher perspective than I have on my behaviors.

But you can never really know what someone's inner desire is. Even if all of their actions point in one direction, their desire could be the opposite of what you see.

Also, from reading your bit about your personal experience of figuring out your own type, I can see what you mean. But I have been trying to keep in mind that not everyone is like me. You know?

These two blokes have Se (they take things at face value...I would think that Se would be the least likely to not be able to see what's right in front of them.) Something totally different than you and I. Also if they are actually 8's or 7's....wouldn't that mean that they are not going to project as much as us 6's? And that we shouldn't assume that they'll find thier type in a similar fashion as us?

Also I agree. The internet sources, are not as good as the books. By a long shot.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
oh PS: I wouldn't call 50% growth for the last 5 months a failing business...

I never called it a failing business.

Also, that depends on what line you're talking about.

Top line growth can be 50% and the business can still be failing.

and living like a hobo in a parking lot is a valuable life skill.

Hobos don't have RVs.

To be rich, one must first learn to be poor, and being poor means cold showers and living in a parking lot.

There's some truth to this statement.

If you keep watching my vids, you just might learn some things you never had the courage to learn on your own.

Amusing to hear you speak as if you know anything about me.

I actually run my own successful business.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I value stuff like independence and independent thinking. 6s are literally a type made to do the opposite of that. It's like god made a type specifically to hate me.

Hmm. I really value independence. Like....really value it. So this is not just for your type....if that's what you were getting at. I think many different types of people can value that.

Anyways to address your point... you must be talking about the stereotypical "herd mentality" of the 6 maybe?

Plus they are super annoying with how they won't shut up about their insecurities and everything that comes out of their mouths is wrong. As you can see in this thread anyone who hates 6s is a 6 to them. They think that only because they are projecting about how they would be projecting. Projectception. Projecting is their psychological defense.

:laugh: you're just being silly now. :p

The reason that people are talking about projection so much with enneagram is cause enneagram deals with shadows.

And one of the most obvious ways to recognize a shadow is because the person has an emotional reaction.

Like for example : if I didn't like when people assume things about me, and I got really angry when they did, it could be a sign of a shadow. Meaning that I (in this example) would be mad at the other people, cause it's actually something I do too. And that's why the anger bubbles up.

The stronger the anger...the more likely it's a shadow.

(That is why there's a little bit of truth to that saying "You are what you hate".... and it can apply to the enneagram, because the core fears and motivations are brought to light.)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I never called it a failing business.

Also, that depends on what line you're talking about.

Top line growth can be 50% and the business can still be failing.

Hobos don't have RVs.

There's some truth to this statement.

Amusing to hear you speak as if you know anything about me.

I actually run my own successful business.

Don't you get it?

I don't fucking care.

I don't need you to sit here and correct me or tell me anything.

I never asked you to start talking to me, ever. You came out of nowhere and started telling me your fucking worthless resume and trying to debate with me on shit that wasn't worth debating.

I don't want you to follow me across typology central and tell me your resume or how you managed to start your own successful business. Are you trying to prove something to me? Do you want my approval?

I own 4 businesses. All of them profitable. There. Who has the bigger penis?

I don't want you to sit here and tell me how big your penis is.

I. don't. fucking. Care.

Go away.

What's that,
just do it
is that you giving yourself a pep talk? Do you doubt yourself? Are you on a crusade to prove to yourself how powerful you really are? do you need someone who is legtimately strong and manly to confirm for you that you too, are strong and manly?

Do you want me to sit here and tell you that you are the thing you suspect yourself to be?

Is this a fucking gameshow?

Fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.