• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP's hater

Status
Not open for further replies.

badger055

Permabanned
I don't identify with these sentiments at all. The ISTPs I've met seemed to self-contained to even bother with me directly, indirectly, or on any level of depth. As a fellow Ji dom, I find it much easier to sympathize with them than I would, say, an ESFJ.

Yea that sounds right. I see INFPs as "that other crazy introvert type".

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yea that sounds right. I see INFPs as "that other crazy introvert type".

Well, I'm basing this on two ISTP's I've known (and I think I typed them correctly. could be wrong) and they're the only two people who have spoken this general sentiment to me. One, without a doubt, was out to get me, to get me fired (failed), and I know from various sources what he was saying behind my back. Plus, he'd chased off others in my job position before (3 people told me this), but that has nothing to do with type. This has just been two experiences of mine, so it's unfair to make a general statement based on that....But [MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION], I was anticipating you might confirm animosity towards INFP's, since you said you enjoyed them being trainwrecks (that was you, right?) and I don't usually feel like a trainwreck, but these two experiences were bad. Maybe messing around on this website might make me feel less fear of ISTP's.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I ever said that to someone it would be because I wanted them to know so that they could protect themself from any political fallout that I feel might hurt them in the future. That would be my way of trying to help them.

Truth is, no one is out to get anyone, ever.

As an 8, a lesson I learned in recent months, was that a lot of people look up to me for support and help. Yet all I know is that by helping them they will drag me down, and so I then start believing they are trying to destroy me intentionally.

The truth is, I am an emotional pillar of support and enthusiasm for many, many people in this world. And a lot of people look up to me as an example of someone who doesn't give up in life. So they approach me for help. However it often becomes misconstrued. A lot of 6's approach me looking for help but don't want to admit to me that they need help, and in their eyes I am accused of having a "Messianic Complex" or being "High and Mighty." So they start to behave erratically and controlling and bullying whilst taking and asking for support at the same time. In the end I am left feeling confused and abused, and over the years begin to develope the notion that there are people in this world who want to see me destroyed for seemingly no reason. So as a result of this mentality I become vengeful and destructive to those who I deem as threats.

The truth is, that most humans are scared or lost children and will do anything to prevent you from seeing that, while still trying to take help without asking for it. So the solution then becomes to give help that is NEEDED, not necessarily WANTED.

The result is that you begin to live a life with people who are beneficial to you, and the people who are not beneficial are removed, and life gets better.

I could see that with you. I've gotten really good advice from an ESTP, and it's always useful, even if I didn't ask for it, expect it, or want it.

I know it's not fair to say all ISTP's are out to get me, but those were two bad experiences of mine. One really did have it out for me. Can't prove that the other one did, but sure am glad I don't have to deal it anymore.

badger055

Permabanned
Well, I'm basing this on two ISTP's I've known (and I think I typed them correctly. could be wrong) and they're the only two people who have spoken this general sentiment to me. One, without a doubt, was out to get me, to get me fired (failed), and I know from various sources what he was saying behind my back. Plus, he'd chased off others in my job position before (3 people told me this), but that has nothing to do with type. This has just been two experiences of mine, so it's unfair to make a general statement based on that....But @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=16476" target="_blank">badger055</a>, I was anticipating you might confirm animosity towards INFP's, since you said you enjoyed them being trainwrecks (that was you, right?) and I don't usually feel like a trainwreck, but these two experiences were bad. Maybe messing around on this website might make me feel less fear of ISTP's.

Well I look at all types like I'm in a zoo so don't feel singled out. Honestly I don't care about INFPs at all. I actually like weird quirky people. If you are going to be weird go weird to the max.

You never know what you are going to get with ISTPs we are an unpredictable bunch. We can be completely apathetic to your existence but if put in a survival situation we will claw your eyes out to survive.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lol That was cute. This is the second Ron Swanson clip I've seen. I'll have to figure out what this Ron Swanson stuff is.

L

LadyLazarus

What the hell even happened to this thread, it started out as a possible blood bath and now it's like: :hug:

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What the hell even happened to this thread, it started out as a possible blood bath and now it's like: :hug:

Ah, did [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] finally show his sensitive side? :)

L

LadyLazarus

Ah, did [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] finally show his sensitive side? :)

All I saw was him being all civil to Forever underscore Jung, and I think Badger#'s is also being civil to the other INFP's. :shrug:
TBH, I didn't really have enough patience to read all the posts. :laugh:
I just think they all seem weirdly civil now.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All I saw was him being all civil to Forever underscore Jung, and I think Badger#'s is also being civil to the other INFP's. :shrug:

Ah, I see. :alttongue:
I actually thought it would turn into an all-out war here for some time.

badger055

Permabanned

I never had a problem with infps geez guys I can't hate everybody. Hating infps is like punching kittens. For the record I hate ENTPs and 6s.

L

LadyLazarus

I never had a problem with infps geez guys I can't hate everybody. Hating infps is like punching kittens. For the record I hate ENTPs and 6s.

I call bull badger#'s, I think you hate the INFP's I say you prove me wrong, by say; tucking the INFP's into bed and kissing each and every one of them goodnight. Softly and gently, tounge is optional.

badger055

Permabanned
I call bull badger#'s, I think you hate the INFP's I say you prove me wrong, by say; tucking the INFP's into bed and kissing each and every one of them goodnight. Softly and gently, tounge is optional.

Ok deal. Give me my infps now (no ugly ones).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The thing is, ESTPs want to date me in person, but they're too shallow for me. They always manage to drop how much money they make into conversation on a first date :rolleyes: . They're fine for fun, then I get bored. One-trick ponies. Not mentally stimulating enough.

Oh geez, I'm not saying only nines like Harry Potter and anime, but I don't see it as an INFP thing so much as a nine sort of thing. It's kind of this deal where so many INFP descriptions seem really nineish to me, and as an INFP 4 I have a hard time relating to them.

Harry Potter & anime may just top of my list of stereotypical INFP stuff I loathe.

I love 9 INFPs, really, but I'm sick of all the stereotypes revolving around them. Can't we have MORE revolving around 4s?

INFPs problem : convinced they deserve the abuse and have to prove they're loveable, don't trust the admirers that actually love them.

Not about proving anything/trust for 4s. More about poor self-image & anger at being misunderstood.
That might be a 9 thing also (taking abuse out of passivity, resist 3 integration of self-value seeing it as vanity, disintegrate at 6).

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Why are you guys still arguing about all this? It's such a waste of breath. :huh:

B

brainheart

The thing is, ESTPs want to date me in person, but they're too shallow for me. They always manage to drop how much money they make into conversation on a first date :rolleyes: .

I've experienced that with ESTPs, too.

Not about proving anything/trust for 4s. More about poor self-image & anger at being misunderstood.

Yeah, exactly.

That might be a 9 thing also (taking abuse out of passivity, resist 3 integration of self-value seeing it as vanity, disintegrate at 6).

Yeah, I can see that. And that would be why it didn't resonate with me.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How could anyone hate INFPs? We're soOoOo cute!!! :wubbie:

Status
Not open for further replies.