• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inferior Extraverted Sensing

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think highlander is very much like a more reserved version of Zarathustra. They both form strong opinions about things that have real-world relations and working predictions, but Zarathustra presents these views very forcefully, whereas highlander seems to show a more steady will. Maybe it has something to do with instincts perhaps? It makes perfect sense to me though that they would both be INTJ 6s.

Still, I really don't know. That's just the way it looks to me. If I'm wrong, someone should correct me here.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
It's interesting how people take being told they're mistyped. Kamishi typed me ESFP, and it bothered the fuck out of me. I wonder if these things get to people because it's like being told, "You know that thing you think you're good at? Yeah, sorry guy, not there." It wouldn't get such reactions if it were just a matter of the information being factually inaccurate, I think. People just don't like when you start fucking with their narratives. Myself included.

FWIW, I don't think tests really mean much as far as typing goes. I think they'll get you in the ballpark, but I don't think they're the end all be all as far as determining type. Moreover, you, highlander, don't behave like other INTJ 6s I've known, which happen to include my own mother. As far as these things go, I can say pretty objectively, that you fall outside that pattern.

I'm not exactly married to a theory of why that is. Maybe you've resolved more of your shit than most, and operate differently as a result. Who knows? Who cares, even.

In other news, I really hate this thread.

It could also be, and I am not saying this is true for you, that a lot of people mix their ego up with their type as part of a persona. And let's be frank here....some of the persona's are far more....enchanting than others.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's interesting how people take being told they're mistyped. Kamishi typed me ESFP, and it bothered the fuck out of me. I wonder if these things get to people because it's like being told, "You know that thing you think you're good at? Yeah, sorry guy, not there." It wouldn't get such reactions if it were just a matter of the information being factually inaccurate, I think. People just don't like when you start fucking with their narratives. Myself included.

Agreed, but it's interesting about narratives and how they're not "truth". That is, we're all TJs (except maybe Highlander now, poor guy) and we know objective truth is out there and it's more, well, objective than personal narrative because personal narrative is subjective. Personal narrative, we know, is all about the feelings and that is rightly untrustworthy. Or something. I'm not sure if this is how I wanted to set up the following concept but: "Aesthetic appreciation".

There's an element in personal narrative that transcends subjectivity. I've started calling it aesthetic appreciation. The NFPs go on about such things when they speak of Fi judgment. It's where subjective personal judgment is--I dunno, refined enough?--that it might even stand scrutiny as objective judgment.

So, some nice young--man, supposedly--turns up, waving his judgment around, and viola, we're supposed to take it, even deal with it, because you don't get feelings involved in questions of Truth, duh! And yet....

Nicodemus

What is truth and what says I am not concerned about truth?
I am not in the mood for explanations; but, since you asked so nicely, I will give you hints, hints, splendid hints:

Ti

vs. Te. Ground.

Long vs.

short. Core.

Snow is white before

pee stains it. Clean.

When you say you are

smarter than others, you lose.

Poimandres is Riva

bereft of learning.

Beautiful,

the end.

Some of the credit for this post goes to some cheap whiskey of an already forgotten name. Something with T.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It could also be, and I am not saying this is true for you, that a lot of people mix their ego up with their type as part of a persona. And let's be frank here....some of the persona's are far more....enchanting than others.

I think this is kind of what I'm getting at. People take it as a call out because, at least as far as the forums go, that's basically what it is. It just creates a situation where there's a certain amount of "acting out one's type" that you have to do just in order to be credible.

Otoh, there's a part of me that says these things are fairly cut and dry. You understand the theory, then pointing out that someone hews closer to one kind of archetype versus another should be pretty easily done. I look at myself, though, and recognize that there's a lot outside the lines of the particular box I've claimed for myself. Is the box even useful, then?

I thought your use of the word "persona" is interesting because it does capture an interesting dynamic about this place. If you have all these who are nominally trying to understand themselves, and there is all this pressure to conform to some imaginary structure, then what do you end up with? How real is any of this? How well do any of these people you spend all this time trying to explain yourself to actually know you?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's an element in personal narrative that transcends subjectivity. I've started calling it aesthetic appreciation. The NFPs go on about such things when they speak of Fi judgment. It's where subjective personal judgment is--I dunno, refined enough?--that it might even stand scrutiny as objective judgment.

Sounds like Fe-Ni.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I thought your use of the word "persona" is interesting because it does capture an interesting dynamic about this place. If you have all these who are nominally trying to understand themselves, and there is all this pressure to conform to some imaginary structure, then what do you end up with? How real is any of this? How well do any of these people you spend all this time trying to explain yourself to actually know you?

Exactly! And the phantasmal nature of it all can be a revealing comparison for our own, offline, lives.....after all how well do we really know the people we engage with on a daily basis? Even those we claim to love....at least platonically.

But that seems to be what part of our struggles are all about....remembering that, when all is said and done, we acknowledge our common humanity and through our shared existential tragedy...we grow stronger, happier and generate more love than we could ever hope to understand.

Sorry for the sappiness....its been a strange evening.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is like questioning any other attribute of a person, whether that be ethnic background, sexual orientation, musical taste, or even eye color. I, for one, do not like being told I am something I am not. The question then becomes whether I really am what I think I am, or the other person's assertion has some grains of truth. I will expect the other person to provide reasons for their assessment. Even if I still think they are incorrect, the explanation might be informative.

FWIW, I don't think tests really mean much as far as typing goes. I think they'll get you in the ballpark, but I don't think they're the end all be all as far as determining type. Moreover, you, highlander, don't behave like other INTJ 6s I've known, which happen to include my own mother. As far as these things go, I can say pretty objectively, that you fall outside that pattern.
Agreed. I feel confident in my self-typing because it is based on a combination of test results, reading type descriptions, and input from other people who know me and are familiar with type theory.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
*smiles sweetly, asks if you meant to wear that*

eta:

*discovers he waited too long*

*realizes there is no god*

Nicodemus

But that seems to be what part of our struggles are all about....remembering that, when all is said and done, we acknowledge our common humanity and through our shared existential tragedy...we grow stronger, happier and generate more love than we could ever hope to understand.

Sorry for the sappiness....its been a strange evening.
Here, you can use my sword:

=|=====>