• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJs in relationships

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, it did look like some personal signal, like linking herself to the otherwise objective content of the sentence, but there also was that lame turn of phrase that she turned into something more entertaining. A complicated message, then. Which is fun.

That's what I mean about an Se bridge that prompts Ni. Exactly what the signal stands for is unknown, and, in theory, will prompt speculation, and possibly greater interaction. It's a test of sorts too, I guess. You're supposed to know there's meaning to the gesture but that it's idiosyncratic.

Furthermore, it can be written off as something just for fun.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Fwiw: when I first watched it, I thought to myself, "INTJ or INFJ?"

Either her Fe facial expressions were lame and kinda bothersome, or her attempt at mimicking Fe was poor and contrived, and thus lame and bothersome. I sided with the latter, as my feeling wasn't that of disgust with Fe; it was feeling of disgust at lack of poor execution in the external world. INFJs are usually genuine enough with their Fe use that it is the former reaction that they trigger.

As one could probably figure, as such, I think Kalach's Se bridge metaphor works rather well, too.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think those two types are very different. There is a massive difference in a person that prefers Fe vs. Fi and prefers Ti vs. Te.
The difference is significant, but not always readily apparent externally. Yet another example of how very different preferences/functions/types can lead to similar behavior. Fe does have its own logic, and is not always easily distinguished from a Te-based recognition of the utility of doing what is in keeping with commonly held values. Z makes a similar comparison below:

Fwiw: when I first watched it, I thought to myself, "INTJ or INFJ?"

Either her Fe facial expressions were lame and kinda bothersome, or her attempt at mimicking Fe was poor and contrived, and thus lame and bothersome. I sided with the latter, as my feeling wasn't that of disgust with Fe; it was feeling of disgust at lack of poor execution in the external world. INFJs are usually genuine enough with their Fe use that it is the former reaction that they trigger.

As one could probably figure, as such, I think Kalach's Se bridge metaphor works rather well, too.
Yes, and both INTJ and INFJ have inf Se. I agree, she could very well be an INTJ, but my impression after watching both videos was INFJ, for the reasons I have mentioned.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
The difference is significant, but not always readily apparent externally. Yet another example of how very different preferences/functions/types can lead to similar behavior. Fe does have its own logic, and is not always easily distinguished from a Te-based recognition of the utility of doing what is in keeping with commonly held values. Z makes a similar comparison below:

Yes, and both INTJ and INFJ have inf Se. I agree, she could very well be an INTJ, but my impression after watching both videos was INFJ, for the reasons I have mentioned.

Yeah, I thought the reasoning in your previous post was solid.

I just think her execution of Fe mannerisms would have been better if she were an INFJ.

That being said, I'm still not 100% for INTJ -- probably 75-25.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
When I watched the vids, I thought, "late-twenties / early thirties INTJ trying to appear personable" or "late-twenties / early thirties INFJ trying to appear officious?"

I went with INTJ. And she self-types as INTJ. :shrug:

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
she comes across as stiff and almost aspie, as a lot of intjs do.

the winky smiley image and rhyme combo suggesting sexy timez when she was speaking about intjs' dogged focus on pleasing their partner made me laff. oh, you crazy robots!

video is very accurate when it comes to my intj.

W

WhoCares

Stopped at 1:15, most annoying video ever! Doesnt really sum me up either. Ive never sought to understand my partners, wants, needs or desires for the purposes of 'adoring and delighting' them. Two words, incidentally, which I never use. Kudo's to anyone who could stomach to watch the whole thing.

Caesar

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stopped at 1:15, most annoying video ever! Doesnt really sum me up either. Ive never sought to understand my partners, wants, needs or desires for the purposes of 'adoring and delighting' them. Two words, incidentally, which I never use. Kudo's to anyone who could stomach to watch the whole thing.

:shock: Don't you sort of need to know what your partners like if you want to make them happy? If you DON'T want to make them happy, what sort of relationships do you typically get into?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:shock: Don't you sort of need to know what your partners like if you want to make them happy? If you DON'T want to make them happy, what sort of relationships do you typically get into?
Good questions. I don't care anywhere near this much about most people, but my SO is a significant if unique exception.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Maybe you should watch all of it before leaping to a conclusion based on two words. I would never use those two words either. That doesn't mean I don't do them.

Take sex for example. So you don't make an effort to be proficient at this? I think that would be something typical for an INTJ to do and it directly relates to most of those words you mention above.