Thread: C.S. Joseph

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9?? sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Default C.S. Joseph

Just stumbled across him and sat through an 1 long video. He was pretty spot on and entertaining to boot (at least I HOPE he's not really that crabby IRL lol)

YouTube

What he said about INFP's was pretty on point (though public shaming doesn't work on me. Perhaps it's because I'm E9).

🍓 girl in an 🍎 world SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Um, I found his analysis a bit faulty. I commented on the video - maybe you can scroll through and find what I said I find him entertaining but he's not exactly objective.
    Over 40 years ago, we were passing through South Carolina - possibly on our way to Florida.
    For reasons unknown to this day, we were shot to death, execution style, on the side of a dirt road.
    We were a young couple, probably in our early to mid-20s, and may have been French Canadian.
    Our identities have never been established.
    So... Who were we?

Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9?? sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Which video?

I can't keep the functions straight most of the time, so I can only judge off of my own experience as an INFP (though many argue I'm actually an ISFP... which I don't relate to much at all lol)

I watch this guy, Geek Psychology, and Talking With Famous People- in the hope of drilling the functions into my brain.
    I watch many others though, just for insight and inspiration (Frank James, Joey Iacobucci, Meghan LeVota, Bogdan Yakubets and others).

Who do you like the most? Do you watch anyone?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
    Which video?
    Lol, it doesn't really matter Title was something about the INFP's "treachery"

I don't really watch a lot of videos on type. It's just not my thang.
    Over 40 years ago, we were passing through South Carolina - possibly on our way to Florida.
    For reasons unknown to this day, we were shot to death, execution style, on the side of a dirt road.
    We were a young couple, probably in our early to mid-20s, and may have been French Canadian.
    So... Who were we?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9?? sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

lol, @SurrealisticSlumbers It's all good.
    I've become obsessed over the last 4 or 5 months. I consume way too many videos (and content in general!)

I started watching many of the people to learn stuff; but then I enjoyed their personalities or insights so I keep returning.
    Bogdan is hilarious. He mostly does short skits based on the stereotypes of the types.
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

Is that guy ENTP?
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Is that guy ENTP?
    Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

lol, @SurrealisticSlumbers It's all good.
    I've become obsessed over the last 4 or 5 months. I consume way too many videos (and content in general!)

I started watching many of the people to learn stuff; but then I enjoyed their personalities or insights so I keep returning.
    Bogdan is hilarious. He mostly does short skits based on the stereotypes of the types.
    I'll definitely have to look his channel up!
    So... Who were we?

Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    TeNx
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Just stumbled across him and sat through an 1 long video. He was pretty spot on and entertaining to boot (at least I HOPE he's not really that crabby IRL lol)
    Whereas I find him to be somewhat long-winded, he does a good job at presenting the inner dynamic of each type, which relates to the breakdown of ego, self (superego), shadow (id), and animus/anima (super-id). When we type, we continuously overlook this aspect, emphasizing actions ahead of internal workings of the mind, forgetting that we are all primarily limited to the subjective perceptions and delusions that guide our behavior.

The problem he encounters, however, involves the meaning and domain of each cognitive function. For example, declaring Ne as "metaphysics" is a strange choice. The same goes for Fi as "morals" and Ni as "willpower." These condensed definitions are extracted from Linda Berens, but the way in which C.S. Joseph applies them tends to push the interpretive scope away from their origin and into his private universe. This also risks distorting the presentation of the type, especially the inner dynamic that goes with it, which ultimately reduces the overall use value of the model.
    Likes Zhaylin, awbro liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9?? sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Thank you for adding your thoughts on him. His whole group is interesting, if nothing else; and they give me a lot to think about. I’ll definitely keep the points you made in mind though.