• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

C.S. Joseph

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just stumbled across him and sat through an 1 long video. He was pretty spot on and entertaining to boot (at least I HOPE he's not really that crabby IRL lol)

YouTube

What he said about INFP's was pretty on point (though public shaming doesn't work on me. Perhaps it's because I'm E9).

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Um, I found his analysis a bit faulty. I commented on the video - maybe you can scroll through and find what I said ;) I find him entertaining but he's not exactly objective.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Which video?

I can't keep the functions straight most of the time, so I can only judge off of my own experience as an INFP (though many argue I'm actually an ISFP... which I don't relate to much at all lol)

I watch this guy, Geek Psychology, and Talking With Famous People- in the hope of drilling the functions into my brain.
I watch many others though, just for insight and inspiration (Frank James, Joey Iacobucci, Meghan LeVota, Bogdan Yakubets and others).

Who do you like the most? Do you watch anyone?

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which video?

Lol, it doesn't really matter :laugh: Title was something about the INFP's "treachery"

I don't really watch a lot of videos on type. It's just not my thang.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lol, [MENTION=31569]SurrealisticSlumbers[/MENTION] It's all good.
I've become obsessed over the last 4 or 5 months. I consume way too many videos (and content in general!) :rofl1:

I started watching many of the people to learn stuff; but then I enjoyed their personalities or insights so I keep returning.
Bogdan is hilarious. He mostly does short skits based on the stereotypes of the types.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is that guy ENTP?

Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

lol, [MENTION=31569]SurrealisticSlumbers[/MENTION] It's all good.
I've become obsessed over the last 4 or 5 months. I consume way too many videos (and content in general!) :rofl1:

I started watching many of the people to learn stuff; but then I enjoyed their personalities or insights so I keep returning.
Bogdan is hilarious. He mostly does short skits based on the stereotypes of the types.

I'll definitely have to look his channel up!

raskol

Just stumbled across him and sat through an 1 long video. He was pretty spot on and entertaining to boot (at least I HOPE he's not really that crabby IRL lol)
Whereas I find him to be somewhat long-winded, he does a good job at presenting the inner dynamic of each type, which relates to the breakdown of ego, self (superego), shadow (id), and animus/anima (super-id). When we type, we continuously overlook this aspect, emphasizing actions ahead of internal workings of the mind, forgetting that we are all primarily limited to the subjective perceptions and delusions that guide our behavior.

The problem he encounters, however, involves the meaning and domain of each cognitive function. For example, declaring Ne as "metaphysics" is a strange choice. The same goes for Fi as "morals" and Ni as "willpower." These condensed definitions are extracted from Linda Berens, but the way in which C.S. Joseph applies them tends to push the interpretive scope away from their origin and into his private universe. This also risks distorting the presentation of the type, especially the inner dynamic that goes with it, which ultimately reduces the overall use value of the model.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for adding your thoughts on him. His whole group is interesting, if nothing else; and they give me a lot to think about. I’ll definitely keep the points you made in mind though.