• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI] mbti book recommendation for my nephew

rocco

MBTI Type
intj
Can you guys recommend me an mbti book (for personal growth, career, etc)? I'd like to give my nephew an mbti book to help him on his personal growth.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
AJDrenth has two excellent ones! Personality Junkie is his website.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you guys recommend me an mbti book (for personal growth, career, etc)? I'd like to give my nephew an mbti book to help him on his personal growth.

I'd go with Gifts Differing and Was That Really Me?: How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Hello rocco. Dr, David Keirsey, an NT has written a whole series on MBTI His prose is easy to read and quite informative.

Please Understand Me by David Keirsey and Marilyn Bates (1984). [MBTI also known Myers-Briggs Typology Index]

Please Understand Me II: Temperament, Character, Intelligence by David Keirsey, 1998

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd go with Gifts Differing and Was That Really Me?: How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality

[MENTION=26114]rocco[/MENTION]: I will endorse the recommendation for Gifts Differing. It is the first book I give people or refer them to when they express any interest in MBTI. I am not familiar with "Was that really me", so cannot comment on that one.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd go with gifts differing. Strictly speaking Kiersey added some stuff that goes beyond mbti with his focus on temperaments. It is pseudo mbti. I like it but it might e the third or fourth one I would recommend. Personality type an owners manual would be better.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], 'An Informal Listing of Myers Briggs Typology Index Books Ranked 1-13'

(1) Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type by Isabel Briggs Myers, 1980

(2) Please Understand Me: Character and Temperament Types by David Keirsey, 1984

(3) Type Talk: The 16 Personality Types That Determine How We Live, Love, and Work by Otto Kroeger, 1998

(4) Do What You Are : Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type by Paul D. Tieger, Barbara Barron-Tieger, 1992

(5) Introduction to Type by Isabel Briggs Myers, 1980

(6) Type Talk at Work: How the 16 Personality Types Determine Your Success on the Job by Otto Kroeger, Janet M. Thuesen, Hile Rutledge, Edith Whitfield Seashore (Foreword), 1991

(7) Essentials of Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Assessment by Naomi L. Quenk, 1999

(8) Applications of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator in Counseling: A Casebook by Judith A. Provost, 1993

(9) Knowing Me, Knowing God by Malcolm Goldsmith, 1997

(1o) Was That Really Me? How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality by Naomi L. Quenk, 2002

(11) Sixteen Men: Understanding Masculine Personality Types by Loren E. Pedersen, 2002

(12) Just Your Type: Create the Relationship You've Always Wanted Using the Secrets of Personality Type by Paul D. Tieger, 2000

(13) I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You: The Real Meaning of the 16 Personality Types by Roger R. Pearman, 1997

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[MENTION=26114]rocco[/MENTION]: I will endorse the recommendation for Gifts Differing. It is the first book I give people or refer them to when they express any interest in MBTI. I am not familiar with "Was that really me", so cannot comment on that one.

highlander wrote (1) "highlander I'd go with Gifts Differing and Was That Really Me?: How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality."

Coriolis the two books highlander recommended are written by two different authors.

(1) Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type by Isabel Briggs Myers, 1980

(10) Was That Really Me? How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality by Naomi L. Quenk, 2002

Mole

Permabanned
Anyone with intellectual integrity will read "The Personality Brokers" by Merve Imre of Oxford University, and recommend it to others. And those who wish to justify their neurosis, rather than attend therapy, will recommend propaganda books for mbti.