User Tag List

MBTI
    intj

Default mbti book recommendation for my nephew

Can you guys recommend me an mbti book (for personal growth, career, etc)? I'd like to give my nephew an mbti book to help him on his personal growth.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

AJDrenth has two excellent ones! Personality Junkie is his website.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by rocco View Post
    Can you guys recommend me an mbti book (for personal growth, career, etc)? I'd like to give my nephew an mbti book to help him on his personal growth.
    I'd go with Gifts Differing and Was That Really Me?: How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes lightsun, SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI None

Quote Originally Posted by rocco View Post
    Hello rocco. Dr, David Keirsey, an NT has written a whole series on MBTI His prose is easy to read and quite informative.

Please Understand Me by David Keirsey and Marilyn Bates (1984). [MBTI also known Myers-Briggs Typology Index]

Please Understand Me II: Temperament, Character, Intelligence by David Keirsey, 1998
    LightSun Paul Peaceweaver

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'd go with Gifts Differing and Was That Really Me?: How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality
    @rocco: I will endorse the recommendation for Gifts Differing. It is the first book I give people or refer them to when they express any interest in MBTI. I am not familiar with "Was that really me", so cannot comment on that one.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes lightsun liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'd go with gifts differing. Strictly speaking Kiersey added some stuff that goes beyond mbti with his focus on temperaments. It is pseudo mbti. I like it but it might e the third or fourth one I would recommend. Personality type an owners manual would be better.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI None

@highlander, 'An Informal Listing of Myers Briggs Typology Index Books Ranked 1-13'

(1) Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type by Isabel Briggs Myers, 1980

(2) Please Understand Me: Character and Temperament Types by David Keirsey, 1984

(3) Type Talk: The 16 Personality Types That Determine How We Live, Love, and Work by Otto Kroeger, 1998

(4) Do What You Are : Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type by Paul D. Tieger, Barbara Barron-Tieger, 1992

(5) Introduction to Type by Isabel Briggs Myers, 1980

(6) Type Talk at Work: How the 16 Personality Types Determine Your Success on the Job by Otto Kroeger, Janet M. Thuesen, Hile Rutledge, Edith Whitfield Seashore (Foreword), 1991

(7) Essentials of Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Assessment by Naomi L. Quenk, 1999

(8) Applications of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator in Counseling: A Casebook by Judith A. Provost, 1993

(9) Knowing Me, Knowing God by Malcolm Goldsmith, 1997

(1o) Was That Really Me? How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality by Naomi L. Quenk, 2002

(11) Sixteen Men: Understanding Masculine Personality Types by Loren E. Pedersen, 2002

(12) Just Your Type: Create the Relationship You've Always Wanted Using the Secrets of Personality Type by Paul D. Tieger, 2000

(13) I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You: The Real Meaning of the 16 Personality Types by Roger R. Pearman, 1997

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI None

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    @rocco: I will endorse the recommendation for Gifts Differing. It is the first book I give people or refer them to when they express any interest in MBTI. I am not familiar with "Was that really me", so cannot comment on that one.
    highlander wrote (1) "highlander I'd go with Gifts Differing and Was That Really Me?: How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality."

Coriolis the two books highlander recommended are written by two different authors.

(1) Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type by Isabel Briggs Myers, 1980

(10) Was That Really Me? How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality by Naomi L. Quenk, 2002

Anyone with intellectual integrity will read "The Personality Brokers" by Merve Imre of Oxford University, and recommend it to others. And those who wish to justify their neurosis, rather than attend therapy, will recommend propaganda books for mbti.