User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you rate this book?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • * (worst)

1 50.00%

0 0%

0 0%

1 50.00%
  • ***** (best)

0 0%

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Survival Games Personalities Play

This book is based on Keirsey's temperaments and is about the repeated patterns we engage in unconsciously to obtain an ulterior and hidden payoff. We do this to stave off anxiety, maintain psychic stability, establish equilibrium in a relationship or receive some kind of reward from others. These things happen when we are under stress or our needs aren't being met. Rationals play "robot", idealists play "masquerade", guardians play "complain" and artisans play "blackmail". Then the book talks about different variations of each - such as the six variations of the "robot" game, "nitpick", "that's illogical", "super-intellectual", "superstition", "blanking out" and "haunted". Most of the book is about how to overcome these things.

I honestly didn't like the book at all. Aside from what I perceived as relatively inane lingo, though there were grains of truth, the games seemed exaggerated and a bit preposterous. I guess NT's aren't so guilty of complaining and artisans aren't superstitious. I didn't like all that negativity and I wasn't persuaded that the concepts or ideas that were laid out were entirely valid. It reminds me of the folk typology reference that @SolitaryWalker mentioned in past threads. Since I didn't appreciate the basic concept behind the book, thereby rending it to be lf little value, I give it one star.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Yuu liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Rationals play "robot", idealists play "masquerade", guardians play "complain" and artisans play "blackmail". Then the book talks about different variations of each - such as the six variations of the "robot" game, "nitpick", "that's illogical", "super-intellectual", "superstition", "blanking out" and "haunted".
    I can kind of see it. Or I can think of specific human examples of each for the 4 main categories, several for the Artisan "blackmail" category, and plenty for the Rational "nitpick", "that's illogical", "super-intellectual", and "blanking out" subcategories. Actually, I didn't relate to "robot" until seeing that "blanking out" was supposedly one of the variations. I might do that, or at least it might look like I do that.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Sounds like an interesting concept.

I don't see anything about being aloof though, I think that'd be mine. If I see about to not get my way I immediately give it up " I didn't really care/ doesn't matter/ or "It's a lost cause better to focus on something else." In my experience, I'd actually say it's quite common.

Or, would you say, that it does not consider things that don't fit into a stereotypes.
    For ex to say that as an ENTJ I would never do this because we bulldoze and ALWAYS get our way.
    "It's a good day to die, Valhalla! Who wants some blue potato chips?"

Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

I thought it was a good read at the time, however it is based off of Keirseys temperaments, and so, is of no worth or use to someone like myself that strongly prefers a Jungian approach and a deeper appreciation of typology than simply slapping labels upon each other (which is literally what the book is about).

MBTI
    Ixxp
    Enneagram
    9 sp/so

Can't say I liked it.
    Time's going to warn you with a whisper.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Turi View Post
    I thought it was a good read at the time, however it is based off of Keirseys temperaments, and so, is of no worth or use to someone like myself that strongly prefers a Jungian approach and a deeper appreciation of typology than simply slapping labels upon each other (which is literally what the book is about).
    Have to admit I am not familiar with this.
    "It's a good day to die, Valhalla! Who wants some blue potato chips?"