• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP - More Famous People or Celberities

Fecal McAngry

I liked this observation by Christian Bale:

Nice little summation of what makes ISTPs so cool and friendly, and yet ever-so-slightly unnerving at the same time. :huh:

p.s.

Christopher Walken
Keanu Reeves
Tom Cruise
Brad Pitt
David Fincher
Kevin Spacey
Of the above, only Cruise and possibly Fincher are ISTPs. I am completely unfamiliar with Fincher, so I can't comment.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Cruise is an ISTP.
Day-Lewis is an INFP.

Cruise is too close-minded to be an ISTP. His heavy participation in Scientology is automatic disqualification. You'll never find an ISTP jumping up and down on Oprah's couch....unless it needed to be fixed by that action.

Besides the history os personal ISTP behaviors, Day-Lewis's approach to acting (method) is also STP. He researches his characters obsessively...by sensory means...it's more problem solving. There's little of the idealist in Day-Lewis's actual life.

But I understand that many confuse the actual persons of actors with the characters they play.

Fecal McAngry

Cruise is too close-minded to be an ISTP. His heavy participation in Scientology is automatic disqualification. You'll never find an ISTP jumping up and down on Oprah's couch....unless it needed to be fixed by that action.

Besides the history os personal ISTP behaviors, Day-Lewis's approach to acting (method) is also STP. He researches his characters obsessively...by sensory means...it's more problem solving. There's little of the idealist in Day-Lewis's actual life.

But I understand that many confuse the actual persons of actors with the characters they play.
When I have more time I'll post some interviews. The contrast between ISTP Cruise and INFP DD-L is...a vast chasm...

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wrote a long post on why I think Tom Cruise IS NOT an ISTP

I think he's an INFJ and there are several interviews out there that seem
to show the xNFx part pretty clearly well at least to me.

Tom Cruise isn't like any ISTP I've ever known or seen. He owns multiple motorcycles and has yet to take a wrench to one. :)

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
He owns multiple motorcycles and has yet to take a wrench to one. :)

LOL. I wouldn't call that definitive...after all, the ISTP's tool dexterity/problem solving is usually linked to need/crisis. When an ISTP has that much money (which they rarely do), they'd hire a mechanic. Remember, ISTPs are a force of nature when roused by some crisis...otherwise, legendary couch potatoes....rest/intense action/rest/intense action. That's why ISTPs usually keep themselves in relative financial need...makes life much more unpredictable and interesting.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOL. I wouldn't call that definitive...after all, the ISTP's tool dexterity/problem solving is usually linked to need/crisis. When an ISTP has that much money (which they rarely do), they'd hire a mechanic. Remember, ISTPs are a force of nature when roused by some crisis...otherwise, legendary couch potatoes....rest/intense action/rest/intense action. That's why ISTPs usually keep themselves in relative financial need...makes life much more unpredictable and interesting.

I'd call it definitive for the folks I know. Even with lots of money, or an excellent income I/they still have a need to work with one's hands on something. For the sensory pleasure of actively doing, or for the social aspect of doing a bit of a project with a friend.

If ISTP's are couch potatoes then I've surely mis-typed.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I can certainly afford a new VCR, but that doesn't stop me from fixing the old one.

My natural inclination is to fix, or attempt to fix. I only get outside assistance when I think I don't have the tools or the time to fix it myself.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
130-112Bruce-Lee-Posters.jpg

The posterboy

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can certainly afford a new VCR, but that doesn't stop me from fixing the old one.

My natural inclination is to fix, or attempt to fix. I only get outside assistance when I think I don't have the tools or the time to fix it myself.

yup, that's a better illustration of what I was trying to say.

I've been building or fixing stuff since I could move. I can't imagine money ever having the ability to quash that urge.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a beer with Jesus at a bar in Boone, NC.

As Jesus and I were leaving the bar, he jumped into the air and clicked his heels. So I decided to follow Jesus...

About a block later the police had tucked the thorn of crowned one, into the back of their vehicle with handcuffs in lue of spikes.

Je'bus! was an awesome dude to have a beer with on Halloween. :jesus:

The silly exchange impressed my date for the evening to an extent, that the Jesus experience was instrumental in getting me laid. :)

Thank you Je'bus!

KDude

Mike Vallely (or Mike V, for short)

one of my favorite skaters.. he's technical, but he's always been known for speed and big gap jumping. and beating people up a lot. heh

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alan Turing, Frank Zappa, Serge Gainsbourg, Josib Broz Tito, Clint Eastwood, Kurt Russel, Antonio Banderas, Amy Winehouse, Trevor MacDonald, Michael Johnson...