• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] Video game questions

DarthMaul

When it comes to RPGs and FPS what classes do you play?
What a your playstyle?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
RPG:
Dragoon.
If not available ( pretty much everything but FF) I cobble one together out of other things. ie person with heavy armor and spear but high DEX and SP.

I don't play FPS. I'm not a fan of ranged battles and if I were I'd pick ANYTHING before a gun. Just not my style.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
RPG: Warlock, Ranger, Druid, Rogue usually only in Single player games, where Im gonna have locked containers without a party in a location I cant come back to, because locked containers are an affront to me. If I dont need to be a rogue to pick or bash a lock, then one of the first three. RPG I typically play the "face" of the party as I prioritize charisma, then Constitution, then wisdom, dexterity, and intelligence and strength, it really depends on the game and adventuring party.
FPS: I dont really play often at all since the Military, but I used to enjoy the spy and the Medic in Team Fortress.

QueenBeech

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
In tabletop RPGs: I always love to play something like a rogue, purely for the fun of fucking with people. Or a cleric, which makes everyone have to hilariously suck up to me because I’m the best chance they’ve got at being healed in battle. I highly recommend this play style. :D

In video game RPGs: Anything heavy combat. How I play video games and how I play tabletop are two very different things. In video games, I’m typically the tank and my motto is to kick ass before mine gets kicked. On occasions, I’m known to play a heavy stealth class, though. There is absolutely NOTHING like sniping off enemies from a distance and watching the remaining enemies panic as they try to figure out what’s going on.

FPS: I don’t play that many FPS because most of them are repetitive and have very little thought put in. For the ones that I do play, though, there’s more danger to it than just people with guns. I usually have to temper my S function with a makeshift N I can bring out and mash the two together. So improvising, but caution and careful thinking. Cautious improvising.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I typically really do not like FPS but overwatch has some great holiday events. So I have been playing with a few real life freinds.

It’s a good thing I have them to play with because I have one tiny rule about Overwatch; I play Genji or don’t play at all.
I can’t imagine a group of randos putting up with that shit.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Table top rpgs: some form of warrior and wizard combo

Video game rpgs: warrior with some thiefly skills

FPS: sniper hunter

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have most experience with FPS than RPGs so I'll mainly speak about FPS':

I typically prefer characters that can play from a distance, (snipers are usually my favourites - eg. Widowmaker in Overwatch and Kinessa in Paladins). If I'm playing a character where they do have to go in close, I would prefer they have an escape method (Sombra from Overwatch with translocation is a good example of this). But I like Snipers because I'm not much of a "team player", so that way I can be contributing but also usually being away from the direct action sniping from a distance individually.

While you didn't mention it originally, I'd also like to bring up fighting games. I play two fighting games - Brawlhalla and Smash which are very similar in style (knocking people off the stage rather). I prefer these over more linear fighting games like street fighter and my play style in those is very much biding my time and wait for the
perfect moment to spike them off the stage while they're trying to recover.

As for RPGs, I only have experience with Pokemon. When building a team in a Pokemon game I try to focus on having pokemon type synergy and moves that compliment each other (For example running toxic/will-o-wisp on a Pokemon with Hex to maximise the damage Hex does).

Idk if you were only looking for ESTPs, but that's my INTJ perspective. This (MBTI + Gaming styles) is a topic that interests me quite a lot actually.

ReginaFry

MBTI Type
NA
Enneagram
NA
In the world of RPGs, Pokémon is a classic choice. Building a team with type synergy and moves that complement each other is a savvy strategy. Maximizing the damage with moves like Hex is a clever way to outsmart your opponents.
It's awesome that you're at the intersection of MBTI and gaming styles. It's a fascinating topic that adds a unique layer to the gaming experience.
If you ever want to spice up your gaming routine or earn some extra cash while gaming, you might want to check out cash app games. They can be a fun way to level up your gaming and your wallet at the same time.

Last edited: