• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ratem06

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think it’s good for you to sh*t or get off the pot with her, so to speak. So I agree with you telling her the above.

If it works out, going forward be real careful of reading into her behavior so stringently and filling in the blanks with what you think she must mean because she said XYZ in a previous conversation.

Usually what we say applies to specifics of what is being addressed - extrapolating that to other situations and conversations will guarantee miscommunication.

Yup I'm going to stop beating around the bush next time I see her

Currently she is not talking at all, it makes me wondering what happened with her ex but well; I shouldn't be the one to contact her

What about telling her that in a letter tho ?

Wouldn't it be easier for her to handle ?

I'm down for anything but I remembered she keeps letter i wrote her 10 years ago by her bed

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup I'm going to stop beating around the bush next time I see her

Currently she is not talking at all, it makes me wondering what happened with her ex but well; I shouldn't be the one to contact her

What about telling her that in a letter tho ?

Wouldn't it be easier for her to handle ?

I'm down for anything but I remembered she keeps letter i wrote her 10 years ago by her bed

What’s the purpose of waiting for her to contact you, again? I don’t really get it. Just contact her. Tell her. Get an answer.

Ratem06

MBTI Type
ENTP
What’s the purpose of waiting for her to contact you, again? I don’t really get it. Just contact her. Tell her. Get an answer.

Not overwhelm her, well she messaged me saying she was going on holiday on the 10 and that we would see each other before that, seems like it

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not overwhelm her, well she messaged me saying she was going on holiday on the 10 and that we would see each other before that, seems like it

A message from someone should not be overwhelming to anyone. Unless they are messaging very frequently.

Ratem06

MBTI Type
ENTP
A message from someone should not be overwhelming to anyone. Unless they are messaging very frequently.

Well we were supposed to see each other today on her demand , she answered my first two text this morning and then ghosted me once again when I asked about the hour

Texted her 2 times afterwards got no answer I guess I can't do shit about it

pmg_entp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
It seems as though 11 years have gone by without either of you figuring out what the other person needs. Communication can be extremely hard for an ENTP/ISTP couple, as the former seeks confrontation immediately and the latter needs an endless amount of introspection before even getting to the point of verbalizing the issue. Both types put a great deal of importance on mutual respect, so it must be a relationship actively focused on the give-and-take balance.

While ENTPs can easily compartmentalize and move on from the past, ISTPs tend to overvalue their investment and it creatives internal conflict. "If I spent so much time and energy on this relationship, but it ends up being a failure, how can I trust myself to make good decisions in the future? How can I justify those lost years?" says the ISTP, but never out loud. ENTPs can be great motivators in getting the perpetually indecisive ISTPs to reach a concrete conclusion. Unless you both put in a LOT of hard work to repair 11 years of frustration, you might have to be the "bad guy" and save both of you from more turmoil by cutting the cord. While you may have the luxury of flexibility and selective memory, ISTPs n.e.v.e.r forget and are prone to never letting go of their first impressions or perceptions, no matter how much compelling, conflicting evidence they are presented with. I think the ship has sailed on your opportunity to establish a necessary foundation...

Side note: I'm not intentionally trying to make ISTPs sound terrible, it just happens that their weaknesses apply to this situation. ISTPs can be fiercely loyal, thoughtful partners that often ignore their own issues to give their partner unwavering support in trying times. When they truly like the person they love, they are highly capable of long-term commitment. That's not to say they make it easy, but they certainly put forth a conscious effort to make their hard shell worth cracking.