• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Why ISFP's have such bad stereotypes... (General complaint about MBTI)

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Stereotypes simplify people. Even when they are about something neither positive or negative. Therefore, they are not good.

Absolutely agreed, negative or positive stereotypes will always have bad consequences.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An ISTP that likes INFPs? Next thing I know an ENTJ and ESFJ are going to be involved in a mutually pleasant conversation.

ISFPs are portrayed as dull, neither here nor there, while INFPs are INFJs with flaws. Show any semblance of intelligence as an IXFP and suddenly you're no longer an IXFP. Other types get the raw end of the stick due to INXJ favoritism though, specifically XSTJs.

Oh, I believe I saw ENTJ talk about catching their ESFJ spouse...lol sometimes opposites attract I guess.

Going along with LucieCat, having had experience with xxFP types, I have found IxFP to be the most fulfilling relationships. My enneagram 4 might mix well with IxFP. Maybe I am influenced due to my significant other being ISFP.

As for me personally, I crave some sort of a deep relationship that makes sense... Very few ppl have been able to understand and develop such values. What I know about IxFP is that they may be hard as a rock to get in their circle but its most rewarding once I have. All I wanna do is spend more and more of my time with them.

What I like about INFPs is how they think and handle relatable situations and how they can articulate what I am thinking. I find their personality a work of art. I like how they can be sensible and serious and rlly how complex and beautiful their mind can be.

I do see that INxJ favoritism, tho I'm not entirely aware of reactions of people to certain types. I am one of those ISTP that finds xNxJ immature and difficult. I do have Ni but can balance it with Se and can let things go that might offend and stress Ni.

Point148

Permabanned
- Worst leader (Doesent make any fucking sense)
- Most useless type (Who the fuck come with that?)
- Stupid and lazy
- Least intelligent Introvert/overall (A.k.a dumb)
- Immature
- Worst sense of humor

All these are pretty accurate in my personal experience.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I haven't really come across anything too offensive I guess when reading ISFP descriptions. I think this MBTI stuff usually describes every type as this wonderful person who exists in our world. I thought they might be kind of unrealistic in that sense. On top of it, does anyone consider MBTI to have any, oh I don't know what to say, scientific merit or something along those lines that makes the assessment more reliable. Seems like effective marketing behind it though. So isn't this, like just someone's theory. Like another poster wrote, just take from it what works for you. I think of it as a tool to help me become more aware and to help me more fully accept myself, but it can also be a trap if you are desperate for an identity/security.

If you would like to encounter a survey with a happier foundation, there is the VIA Character Strengths Survey. I have been trying to use that as a resource to accept myself more fully, because I struggle with accepting the more positive aspects of my nature. Good luck with everything.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't really come across anything too offensive I guess when reading ISFP descriptions. I think this MBTI stuff usually describes every type as this wonderful person who exists in our world. I thought they might be kind of unrealistic in that sense. On top of it, does anyone consider MBTI to have any, oh I don't know what to say, scientific merit or something along those lines that makes the assessment more reliable. Seems like effective marketing behind it though. So isn't this, like just someone's theory. Like another poster wrote, just take from it what works for you. I think of it as a tool to help me become more aware and to help me more fully accept myself, but it can also be a trap if you are desperate for an identity/security.

If you would like to encounter a survey with a happier foundation, there is the VIA Character Strengths Survey. I have been trying to use that as a resource to accept myself more fully, because I struggle with accepting the more positive aspects of my nature. Good luck with everything.

I also really like that strengths survey. I've taken it multiple times over the last couple of years and it's interesting to see which strengths you consistently score high in.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
ISFP has bad stereotypes?

3992083c34b9c49cd2582fae05253fd0.jpg

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I also really like that strengths survey. I've taken it multiple times over the last couple of years and it's interesting to see which strengths you consistently score high in.

Yeah, I did the same thing over a year's time. it is interesting to see those same strengths popping up, hahaha, I guess it helps to reinforce positive thoughts about one's self. What are your highest strengths?

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I did the same thing over a year's time. it is interesting to see those same strengths popping up, hahaha, I guess it helps to reinforce positive thoughts about one's self. What are your highest strengths?

It definitely does! I always get love of learning, authenticity/genuineness, and critical thinking/open mindedness in my top five, so I consider these my most consistent strengths. How about you?

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
It definitely does! I always get love of learning, authenticity/genuineness, and critical thinking/open mindedness in my top five, so I consider these my most consistent strengths. How about you?

That sounds like a pretty great combo. So how do you feel your strengths have helped you in different areas of your life? If I remember correctly, it is

Forgiveness
Humility
Humor
Fairness
Honesty
Appreciation for beauty and excellence