• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Why ISFP's have such bad stereotypes... (General complaint about MBTI)

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It was mainly visible in mbti database.

ISFP's and INFP's are usualy preceived there in such a negative and offensive way, It's ridiculous. It's disgusting how the MBTI community are full of biased offensive dogs.

Offensive and insulting "articles" present in other personality types aswell in mbti database, but other types get only atleast 1 or 2 bad stereotypes, but this is not the case for ISFP's (Or even INFP's)
If you search up for ISFP's results, this is what you get:

- Worst leader (Doesent make any fucking sense)
- Most useless type (Who the fuck come with that?)
- Stupid and lazy
- Least intelligent Introvert/overall (A.k.a dumb)
- Immature
- Worst sense of humor
- Feminist (I hate feminists as an ISFP myself, yet ISFP's are being stereotyped as feminist/feminazi, REALLY? -_-)
- Emo

Dont belive in this? Look it up yourself:
MBTI database - Personality types of famous people and fictional characters

Just go through the page of ISFP's articles and you get those almost every page.

I come into this conclusion from the MBTI community:

- There are half of personality types that are "God" labeled stereotypicaly as smart, intelligent and succefull.
- Then there are other half that is considered to be average.
- And so there is the one type that is Considered the "Scum" of MBTI, a.k.a ISFP's.

Whats more ridiculous if how people are protecting this, everytime you try to fire a complaint about how unfairly some types are presented and how bad stereotypes are, you get silenced and shot down.

For example, I made such thread in PerC, and this is what literaly happened:
"MBTI Database"

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
inb4 MBTI database fanboy kids come to shot you down and silence you lol

noombie

MBTI Type
INFJ
I want you to think about the glorified types:

Let's look at the top two...

1. INTJs- the perfect blend of creative, practical genius... Intelligence pa excellence
Experience: Arrogant pricks who likes to shut down others. Lovely to date if you want to feel like a lab experiment

2. INFJs- the most mysterious, profound creatures that can change the world...
Experience: Just as arrogant under their goody-two shoes guise. Except, less badges under their nose. Needy, unexciting, and tires people talking about themselves.

2.1 (broken*) INFJs- Mysterious, and DEEPLY intelligent (pseudo NT with strong Ti)
Exp: Closet conspiracy theorists, creepy and/or weird with secrets that don't mean sh*t. Did I fail to mention even more arrogant? Ego bruises like ice cream to a warm spoon

On the other hand,

I've seen a female ISFP become engineering teamleaders
ISFP's who are intelligent, AND retains their creative knack who can talk to sensors and intuitives
INFP's who are great orators, and moves people with recounts of the deep human experience

Frankly, in my opinion, the standard 16 personality MBTI is a horrid description of a person.

DO NOT identify too much with it. (e.g.) A description of ISFPs is not a description of you.

Use what of it you find useful, and move along...

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
All of those are westerns way of thinking . We really need every kind of people don't let some pseudo-intelligent ( NJ) control your point of view.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Don't read too much into it.

INTJs are portrayed as antiheroes with God Complex spending their days listening to The Faceless' 'Authotheist' Album, while galantly savoring a Cabernet Filet Mignon, diligently taking the time to process the different flavors because we have low Se, and all the while our plans to dominate some imaginary paracosm are being carried derrière les coulisses.
Amusing, really.

I don't know about all ISFPs, nor why one should feel insulted by the ludicrousness uttered by a myriad of ignorants who are trying to put you inside a box that doesn't fit you, unless, you're trying so hard to find one that does. Nonetheless, the ISFPs I know IRL are most pleasant to be around, and they're fiercely ambitious. The only time they would repel me is when they start talking about the weather or spitefully gossip about people.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jimi Hendrix is a rather good typing for ISFP, and a genius artist manifestation of it.

I've liked this description and I identify with pretty much everything here, except I've indulged in more theory at times.
Portrait of an ISFP

I actually don't think INFJs are always adulated, but they tend to get extreme reactions, so their negative stereotypes are...well... based on Hitler. He's the ultimate hot potato because whichever type has to have him gets it the worst imo. I'd much rather be thought of as stupid than thought of as Hitler. Maybe my own definition of ISFP is different because it always makes me feel happy and light to be ISFP because I like the type so much. For me it hurts 10x as much to type as INFJ which is why it's not an option for me.

ISFPs are quite charming. The only girl who stole my heart utterly and completely was one as far as I can tell. She was an intelligent, incredibly funny and deep woman- and yes an artist. She’d often try to drag this one out of his head to live with her in the moment. To enjoy the day as it was. To let tomorrow be just a word. I should have paid more attention.

Anyway I envy sensors. To be able to seize the here and now and enjoy every sight and sound, every subtle detail of the environment. We’re only here for a limited time and they soak up every beautiful minute of it.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't read too much into it. I once read someone sat that ISPs don't actually exist, which literally makes no sense.

GirlSmartStreet

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
wow... i just know this from you. idk if people think they are stereotypically bad. but to be honest, ISFP is one of my favorite kind of person. they are like the sweeter version of ISXP. so i relate so much and learn a lot with this slightly different function.

and yes, it is not a very healthy bias out there. I mean, only because all of ISFPs in their life are sucks, it doesn't mean they sucks because they are ISFPs. Everyone can be sucks or great equally.

i don't know, this is just doesn't make any sense. there is 1... 2... there are 3... 4... 5 or more awesome ISFPs in my life. In fact, i never met the bad one. and i can name any bad people i've ever met with every types but ISFP. and uh... feminist? really? Any types can be feminist. And as far as i know, ISFPs appreciates opining independency. They let other people embrace their beliefs as long as the ISFPs are having the same rights. i mean, what so bad about it then?

- Worst leader (Doesent make any fucking sense)
- Most useless type (Who the fuck come with that?)
- Stupid and lazy
- Least intelligent Introvert/overall (A.k.a dumb)
- Immature
- Worst sense of humor
- Feminist (I hate feminists as an ISFP myself, yet ISFP's are being stereotyped as feminist/feminazi, REALLY? -_-)
- Emo

these results tho? these are just bags of lies and blasphemy. anyone who wrote this must be really dumb and doesn't really get the point of MBTI in the first place. MBTI have nothing to do with maturity, intelligence, and kindness.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
seems to me that you just need to dig a little deeper for sources... people (of all types) tend to be judgemental about things that aren't even realistic... if you poke around the internet long enough you'll find a group tearing apart nearly any other group... to use your original thread post as an example of negative perceptions based on partial truth, you lumped in the entire mbti community into your complaint... i think if you'll find opinions like the ones you found in your link are unpopular here (not that i read the link)...

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sadly, I've seen this a lot and I agree with you.

They are not stupid, just have common sense which a lot of ppl lack.
I've seen lots of compliants that ISFP cut ppl off, but these ppl forgets there isn't a contract that states these ISFP have to stay with them... Plus, IxFP that ik don't give up on real rrelationships, and will put up with stuff if you prove they're meaningful to you.

Literally, if you can't respect and comprise yourself to get along with someone else, just like meet them in the middle, why in the world would anyone wanna be with you? Its a two way street. IxFP will notice when you're not gonna budge or invest on your side, so most likely will not stay in it.

I love the ppl ik that are IxFP the most patient/ responsible
/ understanding/ interactive/ normal/ calm/ problem solvers, even can handle complexity in some aspects. You can see why I get addicted to them. :p

DidYouSaySomething

MBTI Type
ISTP
ISFPs are great athletes

- - - Updated - - -

hitler was terrible but stalin and churchill were just as bad

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've read a few times that ISFPs are one of the most misunderstood types, which kind of makes sense to me as ISFP thoughts and emotions are often kept to themselves or expressed only through action. Other types don't really work that way and can only make assumptions based on what they see without understanding what's going on underneath. I believe the misunderstanding, along with people possibly mistyping those they interact with, is why ISFPs get the weird descriptions and unflattering stereotypes that they do. Speak up, ISFPs! I know it's hard with that inferior Te being the sole source of communication (I struggle with that too!), but people aren't going to know better otherwise. Others have said this before (I don't recall if it was on this forum or on another - I lurk around quite a bit), but maybe get some ISFPs together and come up with a description of what it really means to be your type. Let everyone know how very awesome you really are! And know that not everyone is against you - you have many, many kind allies throughout the MBTI kingdom ^-^

Btw, [MENTION=37769]DidYouSaySomething[/MENTION] , just curious. What does Hitler, Stalin and Churchill have to do with ISFP? o_O

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the thing about type descriptions is that that's all they are -- they are descriptions of Archetypes -- of one of 16 generalities, if you will. Since you only have 16 generalities, the descriptions are just going to be highlighting what tends to stand out about that particular archetype in comparison to the other 16.

I never had a huge issue with the ISFP descriptions tbh - much of what was featured/highlighted about them were things I could relate to and that probably do tie into some of my key strengths/traits. However I think descriptions become an issue when one realizes everything they *don't* mention that still may be a trait one has. 'Good at intellectual pursuits and analytical thinking' may not be featured or mentioned in the ISFP description simply because it's not the key feature of the ISFP archetype -- however it doesn't mean the ISFP is incapable of it or lacking in that department. And there are all kinds of other things in the description that aren't mentioned that an ISFP can still embody.

The other issue with descriptions is that everyone else then takes that description and runs with it -- so then you have the issue online of all the other types puffing up their feathers that they're the ones who are intellectually superior, or are the only natural leaders, or are the only ones who are truly empathic, or are the only ones who could possibly have a high i.q., or any number of stupid things. So imo it's reading all of the nonsense from everyone else and the fact that many people end up utilizing mbti in ways that enforce silly stereotypes that weren't even implicit in most of the descriptions in the first place.

rav3n

Most often, I find profiles to be attempts to sell the system or something to people. This is why I prefer cognitive functions since they're silent on judgments and conclusions, allowing the individual consuming the information to conclude on their own.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Great points. The thing that makes me wonder, though, is that these descriptions or archetypes are written through the lens of the author’s own personality type, which, certainly, might contain some bias towards different types. I’d be interested in seeing each type write an honest description of their own personality, therefore extinguishing unwarranted stereotypes.

Additionally, while functions are great, I’ve heard plenty of judgments being made based on their use - selfish Fi, fakey Fe, hedonistic Se, Te jerks...escaping stereotypes seems difficult to do when you’re dealing with people and their egos.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISFPs are much better than negative stereotypes make them sound. That goes for all groups. I think people just like to portray dominant Fi as this whiny, emo function for whatever reason.

Just keep bring you. That's all you can do.

Every type have has negative stereotypes.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
There's a lot more hate for SJs in the typology community than any other type. The reason for that is because SJs are everywhere IRL and nobody who shitposts on the internet wants to be called a normie. Its true, ISFPs are terrible at leadership, and INFPs are notorious soyboy wrist slashers, but every type has some shit side effects.

Generally speaking, the type I get along with the easiest IRL are ISFPs because they tend to be very mellow and my incessant INTJ shit talking is amusing to them so I don't have to sensor myself like I'm forced to in the presence of FJs for example. A lot of them are into artsy shit, which is cool. They also tend to be full of esoteric yet useful information like for example which brand of whipits fucks you up the quickest. ISFPs and INFPs do tend to be insecure and needy though, which I find fucking annoying, but that's probably because they get a lot of shit from people for being useless in the work environment. Not all of them though of course. I once worked with an ISFP audio engineer who really knew his shit but he still had to be prodded to do his job from time to time.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love the ppl ik that are IxFP the most patient/ responsible
/ understanding/ interactive/ normal/ calm/ problem solvers, even can handle complexity in some aspects. You can see why I get addicted to them. :p

An ISTP that likes INFPs? Next thing I know an ENTJ and ESFJ are going to be involved in a mutually pleasant conversation.

ISFPs are portrayed as dull, neither here nor there, while INFPs are INFJs with flaws. Show any semblance of intelligence as an IXFP and suddenly you're no longer an IXFP. Other types get the raw end of the stick due to INXJ favoritism though, specifically XSTJs.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
An ISTP that likes INFPs? Next thing I know an ENTJ and ESFJ are going to be involved in a mutually pleasant conversation. ISFPs are portrayed as dull, neither here nor there, while INFPs are INFJs with flaws. Show any semblance of intelligence as an IXFP and suddenly you're no longer an IXFP. Other types get the raw end of the stick due to INXJ favoritism though, specifically XSTJs.

Well, my ISTP Dad has a soft spot for NFPs. That's probably a result of multiple decades of having an ENFP daughter who has a tendency to befriend and bring home INFPs with the occasional ISFP thrown in there. He actually has always seemed to like my FP friends.

The way people interact can be odd and unpredictable.

I do think SJs get the worst stereotyping though. None of it is pleasant, but I find that people on the internet fa be ruthless against SJs. For instance, xSFJs are portrayed as nosy, gossipy mother hens for example. And even if there is some degree of truth for some people, you'll meet others who don't coincide with that.

Also, people tend to bash SJs for being too conservative. One of my friends though is an ISTJ and definitely a liberal. Well, I suppose it's natural for him being transgender. He's not going to go along with an ideology that denies his identity and, to be frank, treats transgender people as if they are less than others.

Stereotypes simplify people. Even when they are about something neither positive or negative. Therefore, they are not good.