• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFPs don't fit in with sensors?

OopsTypo

MBTI Type
ISFP
I've had an interest in MBTI for a few years now and something that I keep noticing is that, ALL of my close friends are intuitives and everyone I end up dating. I have yet to have a meaningful friendship or relationship with a sensor or felt like they understood me. I know for a fact I am definitely ISFP and not mistyped, so it really confuses me how the types that I'm supposedly meant to get along with I never do? Just curious if any other ISFPS have ever felt like they don't fit in with other sensors but not quite with intuitives either? For the record, the people who I know are intuitives likely aren't mistyped either, as my interest in MBTI is no secret and I don't shy away from asking people to take it. :') For the record, the types that I get along with the most naturally all the time are NTJs, NFPs and INFJs.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that there is quite a range of possible personalities within each type and some ISFPs are concrete and very in the real moment and can be hard-core sensors. However, ones that have an especially strong inner world, a strong Fi-Ni loop going on can be especially abstract. I think what is interesting about the ISFP type is that they can have the most extreme dichotomy of absolute concrete, almost objective, in the moment, exactly as it is, contrasted with this inner world of Fi-Ni which is highly symbolic, intuitive, personal, subjective, etc. Each individual can express that dichotomy differently by being towards one end or the other, or by juxtaposing its contrasts, or by finding a way to integrate it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, fwiw I find the IS__Ps on this site (I'm thinking of some of the more prominent posters) to seem every bit as intuitive as IN__Js and IN__Ps, at least on average.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
ISxP are the most intuitive of all sensors.:)

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've had an interest in MBTI for a few years now and something that I keep noticing is that, ALL of my close friends are intuitives and everyone I end up dating. I have yet to have a meaningful friendship or relationship with a sensor or felt like they understood me. I know for a fact I am definitely ISFP and not mistyped, so it really confuses me how the types that I'm supposedly meant to get along with I never do? Just curious if any other ISFPS have ever felt like they don't fit in with other sensors but not quite with intuitives either? For the record, the people who I know are intuitives likely aren't mistyped either, as my interest in MBTI is no secret and I don't shy away from asking people to take it. :') For the record, the types that I get along with the most naturally all the time are NTJs, NFPs and INFJs.

Hmmm, an interesting situation you find yourself in. So what do you talk about with these intuitives? What activities do you enjoy together? What are your interests?

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISxP are the most intuitive of all sensors.:)

I'm ISFP and I dont feel anything like intuitive at all, this is just another stereotype that in my opinion is stupid.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm ISFP and I dont feel anything like intuitive at all, this is just another stereotype that in my opinion is stupid.

Same as ENTJs have well developed Se. Some have. Some don't. But in theory you are the most intuitive sensor cuz ter Ni works like a tunnel. :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't even see the reason to complain..

Reworded: I have friends, really good friends. But I want all the friends in the world, and yet where are my other friends? I need everyone to be my friend. So tell me.. why don't I have all the friends in the world? Am I seriously not incredible enough for you all?

And here my issue is that, I've been wanting any friends to connect to.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, fwiw I find the IS__Ps on this site (I'm thinking of some of the more prominent posters) to seem every bit as intuitive as IN__Js and IN__Ps, at least on average.

Granted, there may be sampling bias involved, since the kind of ISxPs who would be interested in joining online typology communities might be less strongly S on average.