• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Question for y'all

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
I usually have trouble remembering boring details

Oh I do this. I can remember all the tiny little details required for 3 semester/term long assignment but I'll forgot to bring the notes for the meeting that someone asked me to bring. I've taken to writing phone messages on notes and taping them to the recipient's pillow because I'll forget the message, forget who gave the message or forget to pass the message on. :doh:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
how come we never use our private forum, anyway? I guess there's not much point....

In an ISTP point of view, because we really dont care what others think and like to see others point of view to compare ours.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am terrible with names. Typical conversation...

them: telling story. mentions Jim.
me: who's Jim?
them: Jim. You know.
me: no.
them: the guy who did blah blah. You met him on blah blah.
me: you sure about this?
them: you KNOW him.
me: I'll have to see him.
them: *exasperated* continues story...

Lexus

MBTI Type
xNTJ
I have a photographic memory which is annoying because I associate things based on this, remember cars, license plates, random faces and events that come back while I'm bored.... images but not necessarily names, etc; audible data is not retained well. Unless I give an image to what I am hearing, then I'm fine.

As for keys and crap I lose it. Because as soon as any object has lost it's purpose my brain ignores it until it needs it again, at which point my ability to remember images or retrace my steps saves me. Very here and now. That and I figure things will resolve themselves in good time anyways. For instance I've lost a 100USD necklace that was gifted to me and am just twiddling my fingers figuring if it's gone it's gone, if it's here it'll show when I'm not looking and that's that.

PJWakt

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If it's objects, I have visual memory of that. If for some reason I am not sure where I have put something, I reconstruct physically my last encounter with the object.
Phone numbers are stored in both visual and audio (the sound of the number being spoken).

PJWakt

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also some of the finger-based dialling memory helps with familiar phone numbers, like a muscle memory in the hand.