• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] Se Culture

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like what I'm heavily into and wanting to know more and even trying to live by a day basis:

But Forever, it's a cognitive function.

tumblr_ndyq4yhAZJ1r8rx02o1_250.gif

Yeah.

Let's begin:

DRXeHoMXcAAVmwN.jpg

101439-the-lying-game-sutton-hair-flip.gif

r2KErD.gif

tumblr_oe9eceUufH1vf90hco1_540.gif

MijaBlue.gif

tumblr_nqbus35rmP1uxmin2o1_500.gif

It's really pictures and gifs that explain the reality of things with really little to none hidden meaning

It's all about being in the moment and taking all the SENSATION around you.

R u guys even rdy?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Se is so ... hngh on the right person.

...Especially with well-developed Ti and Fe

...i'm
...d efinitely not daydreaming again

..ahhhh

Is this really Se? No wonder why I don't relate to this function. Totally out of my element on a multitude of reasons. Could be a 4 thing too, but what do I know...

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I feel like this is the superficial definition of Se. In other words, this may describe tertiary or inferior Se but doesn't fully embody dominant or auxiliary Se.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I feel like this is the superficial definition of Se. In other words, this may describe tertiary or inferior Se but doesn't fully embody dominant or auxiliary Se.

Dom/Aux Se is BRILLIANT. (I'm not saying inferior Se can't do it because everyone can use functions well if they're... ... all rounded) As someone with plenty of reservations for just about everything under the sun, it's just something I wish I had. It's a complex ... uh what do you call it, thing, string of information perceived from the environment that translates into one very elaborate picture.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Never meant it to be comprehensive. But if you have any examples of fully developed sensing, go for it

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is this really Se? No wonder why I don't relate to this function. Totally out of my element on a multitude of reasons. Could be a 4 thing too, but what do I know...

I think Se is the most discriminated function imho in this forum moreso than Si.

The internet is removed from the physical world really, so there's going to be a natural disdain for Se moreso I think.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Never meant it to be comprehensive. But if you have any examples of fully developed sensing, go for it

I don't know that I fully understand it any better than the rest of you, certainly not as well as an Se dom would. Se as a primary mode of cognition can be a very successful approach to life though. I guess I'd just view it as being rather on top of things.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know that I fully understand it any better than the rest of you, certainly not as well as an Se dom would. Se as a primary mode of cognition can be a very successful approach to life though. I guess I'd just view it as being rather on top of things.

I like to call Se: physical intuition :)

I think Se is the most discriminated function imho in this forum moreso than Si.

The internet is removed from the physical world really, so there's going to be a natural disdain for Se moreso I think.

Yes, I just never related to the living in the moment aspect and the natural fluidity of this function, which bothers me to this day. It's hard to describe, but there is something lacking there when I examine it in real life. Probably why I always score so low on this function on tests, yet much higher on Si.

But anyway, sorry to change the subject at hand and aiming it toward me. Let's appreciate the Se. :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I just never related to the living in the moment aspect and the natural fluidity of this function, which bothers me to this day. It's hard to describe, but there is something lacking there when I examine it in real life. Probably why I always score so low on this function on tests, yet much higher on Si.

But anyway, sorry to change the subject at hand and aiming it toward me. Let's appreciate the Se. :)

Thanks Lotus :hug:

I think people can do better and learn to accept Se seeing things for what is and what are the object's physical properties?

Sports, Dance, Freerunning, Tasting new and delicious foods? Exploring and experimenting new sounds on a synthesizer or enjoying songs with unusual color?

I think people like to equate Se = everything wrong with the world sometimes. Especially many religions.

But what's exactly so wrong for things the way they exactly appear to be? (this will send people definitely prefer intuition over sensing bonkers)

Se is hard to do for me, but it's so fun once you get into the flow of the moment. Those rare parts where I feel home with the world is so freeing.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Agreed completely, this version of Se is grossly superficial and like base level 1. But, in reference to [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] from another thread, this view of Se is very much how I feel inferior Ne to be seen or understood, as nothing more than a joke play thing. It doesn’t quite disgust me when I see it, but it doesn’t offer nearly the same level of tact and ability that Ne level 3 or 4 has. The parallel between this Se stuff and the inferior/stereotype Ne stuff you often see out there is essentially the same. Kind of comical, kind of embarrassing, makes ya cringe. I’m sure my Si makes others vomit at the site of it, and Hell, I swear my Te has kankles.

I do hope when people are learning about the functions for the first time, they learn about the level 4 variant of the functions and not this more superficial stuff. Maybe that’s also where the many horrid type descriptions come from too, is identifying the functions in types, based off these poor variants. :shrug:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed completely, this version of Se is grossly superficial and like base level 1. But, in reference to @Forever from another thread, this view of Se is very much how I feel inferior Ne to be seen or understood, as nothing more than a joke play thing. It doesn’t quite disgust me when I see it, but it doesn’t offer nearly the same level of tact and ability that Ne level 3 or 4 has. The parallel between this Se stuff and the inferior/stereotype Ne stuff you often see out there is essentially the same. Kind of comical, kind of embarrassing, makes ya cringe. I’m sure my Si makes others vomit at the site of it, and Hell, I swear my Te has kankles.

I do hope when people are learning about the functions for the first time, they learn about the level 4 variant of the functions and not this more superficial stuff. Maybe that’s also where the many horrid type descriptions come from too, is identifying the functions in types, based off these poor variants. :shrug:

Can you share this level 3/4 stuff....?

To me it seems really off people go to festivals enjoying this "base level 1 Se stuff" I don't think it's a bunch of Ni and Ne doms partying hardcore at that event.

Can you look me in the eye and tell me that?

It just sounds like you're less open to experiences like that..

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Those rare parts where I feel home with the world is so freeing.

I’ve asked Se doms this before, but I’m curious to see what your take on experiencing the world as is, feels like. Even when I think I may be doing just that, I then realize I’m not...I don’t think I ever could completely break out of the world of perception and into the one of objectivity. Was going to use the word reality, but, that’s a loaded word and can bring on hundreds of thread offshoots in itself.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I’ve asked Se doms this before, but I’m curious to see what your take on experiencing the world as is, feels like. Even when I think I may be doing just that, I then realize I’m not...I don’t think I ever could completely break out of the world of perception and into the one of objectivity. Was going to use the word reality, but, that’s a loaded word and can bring on hundreds of thread offshoots in itself.

Well, when I used to be a runner my body will get into a flow where I can jump, skip hop and grab onto things getting onto new paths in nature more effortlessly, I'd run off path just to feel freer sometimes.

Or if I'm playing music, somehow I'll just intuitively pick up on notes and really make a cool sounding beat.

Or drawing where my hand starts to guide me to the image I see in my eye really effortlessly. I think that's like experiencing of being "one with the world"

or making drinks at Starbucks in a very crafty way, grabbing each thing effortlessly and seeing it like I'm almost a conveyer belt if you will.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Steve Irwin was a well-known example of an Se-dom.

While not all Se doms are going to have the sheer physicality of this or passions of more of a physical nature, I think what they do all have in common is near-instantaneous adaptability and decision-making in the moment, based on lots of external cues both large and small. I think of it as adapting on the fly. Contrast with Ne adaptation which (I think?) is more idea-based and less right-here-right-now action/execution based. So this applies to skilled salespeople, bartenders, firefighters, scientists in the field, computer programmers, and so on - whatever or wherever the Se person finds themselves.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Can you share this level 3/4 stuff....?

To me it seems really off people go to festivals enjoying this "base level 1 Se stuff" I don't think it's a bunch Ni and Ne doms partying hardcore at that event.

Sure, what aspects would you like to know? Ne level 1 is basic pun damage and family guy humor at its worst. Like, let’s throw in a plane crashing in the middle of a dining room while a family was having a quiet dinner, not talking to one another. The two parents in work attire, the teens wearing stereotypical junk. Level 1 is leaving it at that for a good laugh. The humor comes from the suddenness and randomness of the situation, but it’s a situation that could very nearly never happen (why it’s funny), because most people assume or know, that this event played out on tv, would never occur and laugh comfortably knowing it isn’t uncouth to find humor in it.

Level 3 or 4 would go further though and find the humor not in the randomness in the scene (Donny Darko comes to mind just now), but on the play of metaphor for the split and divide from the monotony and banality of the situation of the family setup, the perceptions that come with adhering to the supposed norm, while toying with perceptions of how social norms would perceive this scenario (the director joking about how people would laugh at the family guy scene of a random plane crashing in the dining room and how that is a reflection of our culture and personal values colliding) etc. etc. I could literally go on and on with this one scene but the point is, level 3, 4 especially, sees hundreds of overlap, cross breeding, and interplay, between metaphor and analogy of things within a situation constantly. The reality of the world, to an Ne dom, is hardly ever objective because it’s constantly overlaid with this sort of information, the information of perception and subjectivity, as applied to an objective reality.

I apologize for the vomit of text I just had when devising that example above, it literally came off the top of my head so I didn’t craft or perfect it in any way to explain it more clearly. But you can see, that base level puns and, guy slipping on a banana, then people attributing that to Ne...ya, it’s cringe worthy to say the least. At the same time though, I don’t put it down or attack others for saying that because I see the weakness within my own abilities of certain functions and openly poke fun at how ludicrous they are.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Forgive me if I'm wrong on this, but I think people think sensation is bad if there's not intuition mixed in it already.

It's superficial, if it's just what it appears to be. this is bad. This is not Se. Therefore I will hate pure Se if it does not have intuition (aka Ni) to temper it down.

Of course a functioning individual needs to balance some preferences towards the other. But why not just celebrate the function for what it is... I mean Se is the core strength of ESP's. It's like discrimination but as long we throw in our biases and hide the real truth of sensation.. it'll all be better.

:shrug: